The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Discussion about ESO+ benefits...

UnBelievaBill
UnBelievaBill
✭✭✭
i did post this in another discussion but I also feel it warrants some thought in this category as well. Would like to hear thoughts and feedback .

In recent discussions with Guildmates in game, I think there should be more "meaningful" perks included with an ESO+ subscription.

Like if you have had a sub for longer than say 3 months, as each dlc comes out, the subscriber should also receive the pet, mount, and whatever adds that the DLC is packaged with for crown purchasers.

I mean look at it this way, say for $45 (3 months subscriber of ESO+ or $40 for 5500 crowns) you could have spent less as a one time crown purchase and received more stuff in the bundle than the people who subsribed.

There is no guarantee of a DLC purchase from anyone yet those people get extra rewards for doing so as compared to those people who are subscribing for the continued investment... Extra gold, decreased research time and xp gain is trivial compared to the bundled stuff.

Crafting bag access and usage for subscribers is a great start. But I think that those longer termed invested subscribers deserve a bit more even handed treatment, especially since those subscribers are really even barely tolerating the mediocrity that is ESO... (Lag in pve, broken game mechanics, more nonsensical costumes and mounts as opposed to meaningful endgame content and DLC, etc)

And as a final note, I think ESO plus subscribers should also be given a 50% discount on all crown purchases.

Thoughts?
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like if you have had a sub for longer than say 3 months, as each dlc comes out, the subscriber should also receive the pet

I will reserve my right to edit this post later and give my full opinion regarding it but the good news is they already do that OP :wink:

I would like the 2014 Loyalty Senche to be re-introduced for people who have subbed for say 24 months or something like that.

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • UnBelievaBill
    UnBelievaBill
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a sub since December on console and have not received any sort of "loyalty" reward. I don't know if that's actually a thing or if it's a Pc only thing.
  • shadow071179
    shadow071179
    ✭✭✭
    Id like to see that if a DLC is older than 1 year en you have been a sub for that period or longer those DLC would be added to your acount.

This way if you ever stopt your sub you could stil play the old content. And you wpuld only have to purchas the new DLCs to stay up to date
  • UnBelievaBill
    UnBelievaBill
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, again with the sub vs crown comparison, the subscribers are kinda under the threat (may be too strong of a word) of losing the access to the DLC areas if they ever let their sub lapse...
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see some sort of a %discount on crownstore items for sure. I'm actually surpsrised they don't already do that. I mean we get an "allowance" but no real incentive to spend them.

Personally, I sub to support the game. I don't "NEED" any extra perks or items. Would I like them? Ofcourse! I certainly think that people should be thanked more often for being a loyal subscriber. But I am not going to unsub if I don't get any extra swag.

Now since we're on the topic. If ZoS really wanted to give people an incentive to sub, then they would have crown store items that only plus members could buy. Oooooooh I can read the hate on the forums now. Limited Wamasu mount only available to eso plus members...lol
  • UnBelievaBill
    UnBelievaBill
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. I, like you Rotten, am subbed because I feel the same way about continued support for the game. I subbed knowing what I was getting but the more I think about it, the longer I stay subbed, I just can't help but think "what is my continued subscription ACTUALLY getting me?" The crafting bags like I said is a great start and I'm super excited but...

Game mechanics that still haven't been fixed after multiple attempts? Lag and other glitchy instances (looking at you vMSA) in solo PVE? Getting dashboarded and my plus subscription getting washed out so I have to clear my cache to reset it once a night (since the last maintenance)?
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    I almost forgot about lag and glitches lol. I know it's terrible and one of my pet peeves is when a machine or piece of software does not do what it needs to do. I can say with utmost certainty that ZOS is trying fixes and is not just sitting back laughing while counting money like some posters like to assume. If they could fix these problems with a single line of code, I assure you they would. These people play this game even more than you or I so they are well aware of its pitfalls.

I do not blame anyone who leaves the game for this reason. It's a valid reason. I left lol. When I finally came back it was on console and that had its issues as well. But for the past 6 months I have not experienced any detrimental lag or glitches.

This game has so much potential and they have undertaken a huge project. One that by the name itself "Tamriel Unlimited" says it will never be truly finished. I just hope that its the new content that makes it unlimited and not the bugs lol

So I do agree whole heartedly with you. They really should make Eso plus more worth it for people. For me, when I do finally unsub, it will be because I have given up and am no longer playing. Not because I choose to play unsubbed. But that's my personal choice and not one I intend to force unto others.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every sub thread is at odds with the sunk cost fallacy.

It doesn't matter how much money you've already spent. If you don't like the sub, cancel it.
    Write off the money you've already put into it.
    Move on.

Unfortunately, the forced-sub group is so emotionally invested in it that they can't see it like that. They have to sub. They've spent the money. They've spent too much to cancel. It's the product, not them, that has to make the "logical" choices now.

Meanwhile, the sub feeds into your loss aversion by locking certain features after you cancel. It doesn't need to be new and improved. It just has to be minimally acceptable so you keep feeding it.

signing off
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    I would like the 2014 Loyalty Senche to be re-introduced for people who have subbed for say 24 months or something like that.

^ THIS. ^

I missed out on this when I took 6 months out, 6 months after launch, and I've been kicking myself ever since. I love tigers and would have love to get this one to ride. I'd settle to getting an orange/white one like a real tiger, though.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand the "loyalty reward" mentality.
    Like, at all.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would say that subs should get a whole lot of stuff, as a non-sub, I don't care, bully for you all for consistently putting money into the game.

however,

that crafting bag changes everything. You are getting the holy grail already :)

Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Nirnrotten
    Nirnrotten
    ✭✭✭
    @emily3989 ...yeah it kinda is. I can't wait to have items in my bank that aren't for crafting. Now if they could only make a trophy bag too. I have destroyed so many awesome ones. :/
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sub had so little real value before... but the bag changes everything. Now, you will be paying ~$15 a month for a crafting bag, and you will get some small perks on the side. That is how big the crafting bag is; a real perk for being a sub.
  • UnBelievaBill
    UnBelievaBill
    ✭✭✭
    While I LOVE the crafting bag for ESO+, I still feel the benefits of a sub should be kinda reevaluated.

I'm def not one of those people who feels they should get everything for free but cmon, ESO, for me at least, is just something to fill the void until either Skyrim is released backwards compatible, ES6, or ME4. Cause sorry to say, this game, for as laggy, glitched, etc as is can be at times, isn't gonna retain me or some other players, unless they really start focusing on some meaninful post launch content.

Thieves guild was a DLC you could finish in its entirety in less than 24 hours, DB is sounding very similar. I liked wrothgar and IC was good for the dungeons. I don't believe either TG or DB has/had any additional 4 man dungeons. Each release breaks more things than get introduced. And there seems to be much more focus on developing costumes, pets, and limited time release mounts than there is on fixing broken content.
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I LOVE the crafting bag for ESO+, I still feel the benefits of a sub should be kinda reevaluated.

I'm def not one of those people who feels they should get everything for free but cmon, ESO, for me at least, is just something to fill the void until either Skyrim is released backwards compatible, ES6, or ME4. Cause sorry to say, this game, for as laggy, glitched, etc as is can be at times, isn't gonna retain me or some other players, unless they really start focusing on some meaninful post launch content.

Thieves guild was a DLC you could finish in its entirety in less than 24 hours, DB is sounding very similar. I liked wrothgar and IC was good for the dungeons. I don't believe either TG or DB has/had any additional 4 man dungeons. Each release breaks more things than get introduced. And there seems to be much more focus on developing costumes, pets, and limited time release mounts than there is on fixing broken content.

I do agree with most of this. The TG and most likely DB have been extremely shallow as far as content. People have assured me that it was because these 2 were meant to be released together or some nonsense. It all sounds like excuses to me. Wrothgar was much meatier and more appropriate for a 3 month expansion. Let us hope that they will make future expansions a little bit more ornate and stop with the current 'paint-by-numbers' model that they are using now.
  • ConeOfSilence
    ConeOfSilence
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would get a sub but the idea of "renting" dlc's turns me away. crowns per month is nice but nothing of real value to spend them on mostly cosmetic stuff and motifs that you can buy in the guild stores anyway. The lazy mobile bank and store is convenient but you need over 6 months worth of sub for enough crowns otherwise you fall 1000 crowns short and have to buy 1000 crowns anyway. Just doesn't seem worth it to me cheaper in the long run to buy the base DLC packs. I don't fork out money just for the sake of supporting the game coz they get my money when I buy the dlc's and the product anyway. Renting the DLC's is a quite a rip off really.

Edit craft bag isn't really an incentive for me I don't want to pay $156 AUD per year for a craft bag.
    Edited by ConeOfSilence on May 31, 2016 7:59AM
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Nirnrotten wrote: »
    I would love to see some sort of a %discount on crownstore items for sure. I'm actually surpsrised they don't already do that. I mean we get an "allowance" but no real incentive to spend them.

10% off items or 10% crowns them self would be nice. But I'm pretty damn happy about the crafting bag right now haha :smiley:

Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • Malkavianqueen
    Malkavianqueen
    ✭✭✭
    I think loyalty rewards are something nice they could add. :) I know swtor would give out random mounts if you subbed in certain months and whatnot. GW2 has log in rewards for logging in every day for a certain amount of time, which would benefit the non subscribers too. Final fantasy also gives out mounts, costumes and other rewards for subscribing for a certain amount of time. Any of these perks would be nice additions!
    Edited by Malkavianqueen on May 31, 2016 4:38PM
  • Alastrine
    Alastrine
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually looked for a thread about the DLC and subs and didn't find this one until after I just made one about the same thought.

I would like to see the DLC become owned by a subscribers account after a certain amount of time. Would make it feel a little less like 'renting' the DLC>

Don't get me wrong, I like the subscription, I'm happy with it and I don't plan to cancel it. And the craft bag is absolutely a huge perk!

I'm thinking more on the lines of if someone runs into financial circumstances and needs to cancel their sub but still loves the game and wants to play.. they lose all the DLC and the zones with probably no recourse to go and purchase them (which would really add up!)

So yes, I'd agree that maybe something like a clock should start ticking with new DLC and after your sub is continued, uninterrupted, for a set time period - even months - its yours. I think that would be great encouragement to continue subbing and a nice reward too.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You get 4500 free Crowns for a 3 month sub, and DLCs don't (yet) cost more than 3000. That gives you 1500 Crowns spare per quarter after buying the DLC - that's how you "own" a DLC as a benefit of being a subscriber.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have had a sub since December on console and have not received any sort of "loyalty" reward. I don't know if that's actually a thing or if it's a Pc only thing.

They stopped loyalty rewards some time ago.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do you believe that subscribing should grant you anything extra on top of the included benefits?
    This type of mentally is concerning because in the same mindset someone who has spent X amount in crowns where X equals the same dollars as you, some would say they too deserve something.

I think in both situations, that's silly

I do believe that ESO plus benefits should be doubled (not the crowns tho)
    But I also believe that crafting bags should be available to non-subscribers in a much limited function.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 3, 2016 10:57AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501