The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tomorrow Patch and useless skills/morphs

888and888
888and888
✭✭✭
Hello,
With the new patch a few of my skills and morph s will become useless, so I wonder if you know if there is a way to remove them and get some skill points left. I've searched the web and I've found there is a way to have a complete respec but it costs 1k gold for each skill and it's a bulk one. Am I missing something? I really need to have 130+ k gold in order to properly utilise my skills?
Thank you!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was mentioned previously in the chat of an ESO Live stream that we will be given cheaper respecs for a period after the update. So wait until tomorrow and see what the new temporary cost is.

As well, there is an option to reset ALL skill points, or just reset the morphs (which is considerably cheaper)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for your help, that's really good news!
  • Mike_IG
    Mike_IG
    1k gold for each skill WTF.

I've never paid close to that, I have well over 100 skill points on the character I'm using at the moment and it costs 6850 gold to reset skills or just 1100 if I want to just reset morphs.
    (this is on XB1)
    I would say its around 50 gold a skill point to reset not 1000 as I would say I have around 130 at a guess ( you have to respec that all or none at all)

Have you been to an actual respec shrine to see how much it costs (it tells you before you actually do it so you can see).

Edited by Mike_IG on May 31, 2016 9:19PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The patch isn't live on xbox. On pc before the maintenance the cost was 1 gold per skill point. Just wait.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I saw a video about some location where you can reset your skill points. I'll have to search for it. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvRPaXdmo88

shrines are involved
  • Mike_IG
    Mike_IG
    CP5 wrote: »
    The patch isn't live on xbox. On pc before the maintenance the cost was 1 gold per skill point. Just wait.

Wait so are you saying it's 1 gold or 1k gold per skill point.

I know the patch isn't live on Xbox yet I was just saying what the amount was on the Xbox, Seems crazy that for DB patch they would up it from around 50 gold to 1000 gold per skill point that the OP says it is.
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    It is normally pretty expensive, but they have a discount of 1 GP per skill point with the DB update. That is almost certainly temporary, they haven't said how long it will run, speculation is a week but I wouldn't wait. You can do it more than once while it is discounted.

I don't know when that will apply to Xbox, but I would imagine they will have the same discount for the same time after DB updates there.
  • 888and888
    888and888
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I can confirm the first respec is really cheap, I was pleasantly surprised :)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP, it's not that expensive.

My main has 280ish skill points, and a full respec costs about 13-14k.

But, when the patch drops, it's going to be super cheap for a short while.