Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchanting Surveys bugged?

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I went through six surveys with six nodes each and not a single blue runestone. The Patch Notes state there should be a 1 in 3 chance for those. Is anyone else experiencing this or does the RNG just hate me?
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • sphane
    sphane
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I reported it in game.
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like RNG since it worked fine for me this morning.
  • ausmack2014
    ausmack2014
    ✭✭✭
    I did an enchanting survey a little earlier and got a heap of glyphs including blues. Might just be bad luck. Not every drop had a blue.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have harvested over 50 Runestones today(including writ surveys) without a potency drop. Either RNG is being a cruel god or something is amiss. If I have time later I plan to do a detailed test with my Master Enchanter.

IMO, while some of the enchanting changes are nice, ZOS really screwed the pooch with the runestone harvesting changes. As it stands now, I'm not going to be able to cover my potency runestone needs to keep running writs without having to purchase them from the vendor. In game /bug and /feedback sent.

Good thing I've been hoarding potencies since news of these changes dropped on PTS weeks ago....
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think the Survey Nodes are governed by a different set of rules than the regular harvest nodes.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I also think the Survey Nodes are governed by a different set of rules than the regular harvest nodes.
    Something may be amiss because I looted a Rejera Potency rune in Eastmarch.

According to the patch notes, the special half nodes were only to be in "scaled" zone and my character was EP (not gold or silver zone).
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something may be amiss because I looted a Rejera Potency rune in Eastmarch.

According to the patch notes, the special half nodes were only to be in "scaled" zone and my character was EP (not gold or silver zone).

Yes, that will be a problem. However I think the Enchanting nodes, unfortunately, are all scaled now with the 50/50 chance of being on level or your material level. Thing is, the on level should be the zones level for the base zones at least, if not the Silver and Gold zones too.

I think they really messed enchanting up by trying to fix something that was not a problem.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scaling of potency runes in all zones essentially means that any given char cannot harvest any level potency rune out in the wild. We pointed this out on the PTS thread and ZOS either didn't listen or didn't care. The vast majority of that thread consisted of feedback pleading with them to revert the harvesting changes altogether.

As it stands now, I am accumulating an unbelievable number of aspect and essence runestones and am personally getting a potency about 5-10% of the time. This will destroy any market for the aspects and essence stones (except for Kuta). I guess Telvar farmers can still sell their Reporas and Itades for below vendor prices.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think they really messed enchanting up by trying to fix something that was not a problem.

I wholly disagree.

The old fixed node zones model makes sense ONLY FOR the old levelling system.

In that system, you had plenty of characters in silver and gold zones running thru different level mostly close to the zone nodes levels. It made perfect sense to have so many nodes and so much geography devoted to mid-tier potencies.

That all changed. Its no longer how the population exists or levels in most cases.
    First a whole lot of alts just lespfrogged out of needing cp 30 to cp 140 nodes. A lot of new alts from bought char slots will make that same leap too in a few weeks.

The demand for mid-tier nodes is vastly reduced and the demand for both very high and lo2 has gone up.

So why in the world anyone would think having 2 out of three major areas devoted to the old fixed model would work for the new paradigm is baffling.

But that was sure the knee jerk response.

But if you take each case of why you want glyphs and look carefully at what will happen now, the 50/50 between skill and character level/cp makes much more sense.

If they had left it as it was, there would be much screaming now. What got lost in the NOT THEVSAME AS BEFORE OMG WTF playtest shout threads was the change in the demographics and progression. It wouldnt show clearly there.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    I took a break from the game for a long time, and just started playing again, talk about a chock with the new changes lol
    but doing the writ on 8 toons, and not getting even one blue on any of them sucks..
    ran around harvesting nodes for an hours got lots of essence/aspect runes, and one blue, makes enchanting a bit hard, when I dont get the runes from harvesting nodes, or writs, and none on the guild stores I looked at.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thought that this thread is about another bug which happened to me yesterday.
    Having one of the Wrothgar Enchanter Surveys (no. III), I couldn't find the nodes in a place where they have always been so far. I had to relog and then they appeared. Wierd...
  • lord_dal
    lord_dal
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    I thought that this thread is about another bug which happened to me yesterday.
    Having one of the Wrothgar Enchanter Surveys (no. III), I couldn't find the nodes in a place where they have always been so far. I had to relog and then they appeared. Wierd...

had kinda the same thing, I got there, didnt see any nodes, but I could target invisible nodes, but I could see them after a relog
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that indeed no potencies drop from Survey nodes, which are likely governed by a separate set of rules. Whether this is a bug, oversight or intended is anyone's guess.

I'm now getting some potencies from regular nodes in ok numbers; however the dramatically increased amount of aspect and essence drops means that overall I am harvesting aspect:essence:potency runes on a 6:6:1 ratio (this includes surveys from my data). I can post the detailed results if anyone's interested. This relative glut of the aspect and essence stones is such that I'll never be able or need to use all of them. Either they need to have all stones drop one of each type or cut back some on the Aspect\Essence drops - there's just too many being harvested now than will EVER be used to create glyphs. They'll most likely be vendor fodder.

Also, regarding the scaling issue, I do agree that the old VR 1-14 (now CP 10-140) level mats are essentially obsolete for anything other than leveling, so scaling the silver and gold zones to enchating\char level is something that doesn't bother me that much (this logic also applies to the other crafting mats as well). That being said, I strongly believe that the level 1-50 zones and Coldharbour should NOT scale for harvesting mats so as to allow a master enchanter to harvest these mats for alts, guildmates or others they are crafting for.

Oh and PLEASE have the runestones spawn in their previous colors on a random basis - the new monocular ones are boring and unpleasing to the eye!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

I wholly disagree.

In that system, you had plenty of characters in silver and gold zones running thru different level mostly close to the zone nodes levels. It made perfect sense to have so many nodes and so much geography devoted to mid-tier potencies.

That all changed. Its no longer how the population exists or levels in most cases.
    First a whole lot of alts just lespfrogged out of needing cp 30 to cp 140 nodes. A lot of new alts from bought char slots will make that same leap too in a few weeks.

The demand for mid-tier nodes is vastly reduced and the demand for both very high and lo2 has gone up.

So why in the world anyone would think having 2 out of three major areas devoted to the old fixed model would work for the new paradigm is baffling.

But if you take each case of why you want glyphs and look carefully at what will happen now, the 50/50 between skill and character level/cp makes much more sense.

If they had left it as it was, there would be much screaming now. What got lost in the NOT THEVSAME AS BEFORE OMG WTF playtest shout threads was the change in the demographics and progression. It wouldnt show clearly there.

@STEVIL So you're suggesting that they change alchemy water and oils too? So that you can only ever find either your crafting level or character level materials?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »

I wholly disagree.

@STEVIL So you're suggesting that they change alchemy water and oils too? So that you can only ever find either your crafting level or character level materials?

ABSOLUTELY!

For all gold/silver/scaled zones take whatever the levelling elenent for a craft and set to to 50/50 char/craft level. That far better supports the new schene and population.

I was chasing down gold zone chests and later a gold zone bounty and wound up with stinking cloud mist. As useless as PBR or my own bottled urine.

Fortunately having crafting bag means i dont have to waste time throwing it out.

However, along with that change, must allow vendor sales of levelling mat for the rare occasion where you might need a tweener as they do with runes now.

But having 2/3 of your territory spawning mostly useless mats in your new progression is not gonna support the need.

Stinking cloud mist, bleeccch.

@MissBizz
    Ask yourself: With the new CP based scheme for levels, what % of character now need or will ever need a cp50 panacea???
    That answer is likely ALMOST NONE. Only accounts first char. After that the next likely skips past cp50 pans.

So how many entire zones should be devoted to solely producing the star fluids in every single PURE WSTER geyser? Used to be 5 full maps, 5 zones out of 15.

Much better imo if that first charscter can get his pans star juice as he marches thru or an allied crafter can buy it if needed.
    Edited by STEVIL on June 8, 2016 3:13PM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."