The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

EXCUSE ME WHAT IS THIS??

Bandit1215
Bandit1215
✭✭✭
They increased the damage of Vipers sting by 500%!?!?! If I'm not mistaken, dks can now get bonus poison damage from passives and Mighty, so you guys went ahead and buffed this sets damage? Stam dks were gonna be fine with moral tong and now this is an option as well??!!
CP 561
  • vSO HM - Completed
  • vAA - Completed
  • vHRC - Completed

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bombard is the new magicka Det.
    PC EU
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damage is getting completely out of control. They tried to make zerg busters, and that just resulted in zergs running around using the zerg busters.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Damage is getting completely out of control. They tried to make zerg busters, and that just resulted in zergs running around using the zerg busters.

I agree that damage has went way overboard, its like the game has turned into a bunch of Snipers from FPS games.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    balance by the Wrobler

btw. what the f*** do people expect when they reinvent the whole game with every dlc? it's always a mess and will stay always a mess when dealing with balancing in such a way.

edit: typo
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on May 31, 2016 5:17PM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The DK passive does not increase poison damage by 66%

It increases the damage of the poisoned status effect by 66%. The poisoned status effect has a very slight chance of applying to the target whenever you deal poison damage, and deal small amount of damage over time. It is no different than the burning status effect occasionally applied by fire spells, or the concussed status effect applied by lightning spells, or the chilled status effect applied by ice spells.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    The other consideration is that viper's sting uses the terrible Argonian motif, which renders it usable only by the stout few who can stomach it.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What I find weird is that the majority of poison/disease related sets come in Argonian Style and yet Argonians don't get extra poison/disease damage.

It's almost like a conspiracy....
    ...ZOS IS ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED.

Not that I really care as I enjoy Argonian Medium Armor.
    Edited by Silver_Strider on May 31, 2016 8:29PM
    Argonian forever
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    What I find weird is that the majority of poison/disease related sets come in Argonian Style and yet Argonians don't get extra poison/disease damage.

Well, maybe it's a stealth Argonian buff, since only lizards look good in Argonian med. For the rest of men and mer, open toed sandals in wayrest sewers? No thank you!
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    dagonbeer wrote: »

Well, maybe it's a stealth Argonian buff, since only lizards look good in Argonian med. For the rest of men and mer, open toed sandals in wayrest sewers? No thank you!

Although their leather shorts are a popular style on those hot summer days as you slay Daedra under the burning sun.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought disease was supposed to debuff your health, yet I felt like & only saw poison on my death recap.
    Spamming healing ward was not healing me fast enough at all & felt like it was doing nothing.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    The DK passive does not increase poison damage by 66%

It increases the damage of the poisoned status effect by 66%. The poisoned status effect has a very slight chance of applying to the target whenever you deal poison damage, and deal small amount of damage over time. It is no different than the burning status effect occasionally applied by fire spells, or the concussed status effect applied by lightning spells, or the chilled status effect applied by ice spells.

giphy.gif
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique