Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Post "Hack Weekend." A Simple Address Going Forward.

caeliusstarbreaker
caeliusstarbreaker
✭✭✭✭✭
Greetings,

To those of you who don't know, far and ahead in time than my other toons, I have been a DC stamina Templar Rhage Lionpride. Earlier in my ESO experience, and perhaps less noteworthy as both AD magplar/stamplar Horaizn Soulstar and mag dk/stam dk Rhageous Lionpride. I am also, by virtue of rank, and for all intents and purposes GM of DC PVP guild, the K-Hole.

Given the recent "Hack Weekend," I'd like to express a few items on my mind, especially as many of you, like myself, stand/stood at the precipice of DB patch, in anticipation of a brighter future.

Firstly, and most importantly, regardless of intent, this weekends falsely pious actions have only successfully completed one objective. There was no valiant reveal about what's behind the curtain, no selfless martyrdom to cast out the shadows of ESO, nothing to aide neither player nor developer, by way of a recourse other than knee jerk reactions, merited or not. The only success, if you want to call it success, was turning an entire player base against itself. Which, for the foreseeable future, will leave it's mark, and detract an already weakened player resolve, away from what we all continue to log into the game for, fun and friends, and the ongoing struggle, that is what already feels like a plight on deaf ears, to push our game to a state we are happy with.

I urge all players, my guild, my alliance members, my opponents, PC Xbox and PS players, to not fall captive to what can only be likened to a speculative witch hunt against your fellow players. I further urge you all to police your own. ZoS's leniency, and at times perceived ignorance to issues has lead to a culminating reaction of bans that unfortunately, I can't rightfully and faithfully, given their past mishandling, believe every ban was indeed merited vs an incorrect reading of data, given a multitude of variables. There was indeed necessary justice done, but I fear there are those that have been collateralized, however small the number, and that is an extremely unfortunate problem that should be rectified. To further echo my sentiment, as agreeable as your anger may be, do not direct it, at least wholly, inward, as at the end of the day the player base is really the primary reason most of us have not moved on from this 3/4 game we have called home for so long. To do so would, indeed, be far and above cancerous.

To ZoS, you have a much more succinct, much more direct message. It's been told to you in a million different ways, a million different times..... You disturbingly have an immensely loyal player base, fix it. Fix all of it.

See you in Cyrodiil,
-Rhage Lionpride
Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on May 31, 2016 3:24PM
Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
K-Hole
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the note, Rhage.
    Cheers
    ~Ish
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get banned Rhage? Lol
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you get banned Rhage? Lol

Haha no I'm still here dude.

Added: much to your dismay ;)
    Edited by caeliusstarbreaker on May 31, 2016 3:32PM
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for this.

Unfortunately, I don't see them making this right with any of the players who were falsely accused and temp or perm banned. To target a player based on false information or lack thereof, and label that player as guilty until proven innocent, is no way to do business and certainly unethical.

If zos takes complaints w/o evidence as the truth, what's to stop anyone from getting a player banned because they don't like the fact that he killed him, or he said something that hurt his feelings? If it's untrue, it's really ridiculous that zos would not require some form of proof in any matter that could potentially result in affecting another player. Maybe they base it on the amount of complaints, but in that case, what's to stop anyone from inciting their entire guild or friend list to send in complaints for them?

Edited by Delphinia on May 31, 2016 3:56PM
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm some form of Delskia on all of my toons. I'm the GM of Maelstrom (until Crimli and Ninjago come back to the game) and I'm an officer of Dominion Knights. I can say, with no uncertainty, that we have a zero tolerance policy on cheats, hacks and exploits. That stance holds true not only for our own guild members but also for the people we play against.

That said, I know of several players from all 3 factions who've been swept up in the 3 day bans because of false accusations. I know for certain that they weren't cheating or hacking, but they've been banned for 3 days while the accusations are investigated. Sadly, this was brought on by the very ill-conceived and poorly thought out actions of a few and the consequences have started to spread far beyond their stated intent.

Rhage, I completely agree with you and I stand with you in asking that all players calm down and think twice before making an accusation. We've all been left scratching our heads at times asking, "WTF was that and how was it even possible?" But just because we can't figure something out in the moment it doesn't mean that someone cheated. Please don't make emotional decisions. Please be certain and know the facts before you make an accusation. Please police your own groups and guilds. And please understand that there is someone out there somewhere who won't always like everything you do either. You wouldn't want them reporting you for cheating just because they didn't like your play style, please don't do it to others.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what are your thoughts that most of the players caught cheating were DC based
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    what are your thoughts that most of the players caught cheating were DC based

Most of the players reported where multi factional. Faction is irrelevant regardless.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You literaly have no proof the accusations are false @Delsskia ..they could be using the program in secret. Lol at the "my friends were wrongly accused." Since when has ZOS banned people without proof? Ive reported people many times and the only one that actually got someone banned was when I sent a screenshot of the toxic messages he was saying. They even said they are checking logs to see if these programs are being used.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since when has ZOS banned people without proof? Ive reported people many times and the only one that actually got someone banned was when I sent a screenshot of the toxic messages he was saying. They even said they are checking logs to see if these programs are being used.

Which is why most of the active Emperors in the past 48 hours have been handed a ban?
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Since when has ZOS banned people without proof? Ive reported people many times and the only one that actually got someone banned was when I sent a screenshot of the toxic messages he was saying. They even said they are checking logs to see if these programs are being used.

Which is why most of the active Emperors in the past 48 hours have been handed a ban?

This shows that they are using facts based on logs. Yea, they screwed up on the Emperors..but thats not my point.
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

I was emp on 28.05.2016 Azura EU PC and got perma-banned on Monday. :( Be prepared @Nafirian
    Edited by Tower_Of_Shame on May 31, 2016 4:27PM
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

I was emp on 28.05.2016 Azura EU PC and got perma-banned on Monday. :(

Which other emps were banned out of curiosity?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Sorry to hear that bud, make sure you appeal that. If they are checking all the rights things as they say, you should be reinstated in no time.

It is exceptionally annoying though, as I can imagine that there is some first time emps that have had this happen.

This shows that they are using facts based on logs. Yea, they screwed up on the Emperors..but thats not my point.

I hope it's the case bud, it seems to me if someone gets reported a certain amount of times, they are straight up temp banned (under investigation), which is pretty crummy. A few players have already spoke out on this happening to them.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Sorry to hear that bud, make sure you appeal that. If they are checking all the rights things as they say, you should be reinstated in no time.

It is exceptionally annoying though, as I can imagine that there is some first time emps that have had this happen.

I hope it's the case bud, it seems to me if someone gets reported a certain amount of times, they are straight up temp banned (under investigation), which is pretty crummy. A few players have already spoke out on this happening to them.

I was emp before just wanted for the fun on the weekend, maybe I should have skipped on this plan...
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

I was emp before just wanted for the fun on the weekend, maybe I should have skipped on this plan...
    Do you know of any other Emps that got banned? Or was it just you?
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

I dont know about other emps.
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

This is going to overshadow your shuffle exploit cry hahaha
    PC/NA | twitch.tv/ohhlyar | youtube.com/lyaryt
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who banned so far? Can someone tell me via pm?
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lyar09 wrote: »

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

Dont worry, I wont ever call you a cheater.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

temp banning current emps is ridiculous
  • Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

Dont worry, I wont ever call you a cheater.

Dawwww <3

Forreal tho, this crap is beyond disgraceful. I was disappointed in some of the names I heard using it while I've been gone
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

Shuffle exploit makes a lot more sense now, actually, considering how easy it is to simply up your dodge rate. Given recent developments I'd say it's far more likely people were noting something legitimately fishy than not.
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [
    Satiar wrote: »

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

Shuffle exploit makes a lot more sense now, actually, considering how easy it is to simply up your dodge rate. Given recent developments I'd say it's far more likely people were noting something legitimately fishy than not.

In one of the shuffle exploits threads I said that I had moved away from thinking it was shuffle but something else.

Now we all know what the something else was.

• Lyar09
    Lyar09
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

I don't know if I agree or disagree. I've gotten countless rage tells saying I exploit shuffle but I can promise you I don't use this shameless hack. Could that hack be used to exploit dodge chance? It's wouldn't be out of the question because of what I saw in Fengrush's video of people flying and what not. The game is just really in a horrible state right now
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

So heres my thinking..
    The "shuffle crew" didnt want to be caught using this cheat which is why they dont spam ultimate like idiots(Zazeer) so why not use the cheat engine on SHUFFLE where they can blame it on the RNG and leave us with no counter argument and this they havent been caught.
    It literally makes sense now. #exposed

@Lyar09 We have fought several times on the field and can say that your shuffle seemed normal.. You are not unkillable :) which is why(no offense) you arent as well known as the 3-4 shuffle exploiters.
    Edited by PrinceFabious on May 31, 2016 5:07PM
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

I don't know if I agree or disagree. I've gotten countless rage tells saying I exploit shuffle but I can promise you I don't use this shameless hack. Could that hack be used to exploit dodge chance? It's wouldn't be out of the question because of what I saw in Fengrush's video of people flying and what not. The game is just really in a horrible state right now

As I said in another thread, it's stupid easy. It is extremely easy to set up, and you can manually adjust values without much effort.

I don't fear meteor spam, I'm wary of god knows how many people quietly playing with adjusted stats. Wouldn't take me more than 20 minutes from scratch if I wanted to :/
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    Major mending + dodge roll + shuffle is stupid op no hacks involved. I think dodge chance on top of a Stam build is too much. Just because people run OP specs and are good players, don't just assume cheats.

Also, I've yet to actually believe someone was cheating up until this weekend, aside from speed hacks which have always been around.
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yarr, well said

Interactions between players are volatile enough atm; I fear the new potential for griefing through mass reporting / rumor mongering

(Some more thoughts about collateral damage / community impact here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3023905/#Comment_3023905 )
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Ghostbane

@Tower_Of_Shame

Lol suspicious

So heres my thinking..
    The "shuffle crew" didnt want to be caught using this cheat which is why they dont spam ultimate like idiots(Zazeer) so why not use the cheat engine on SHUFFLE where they can blame it on the RNG and leave us with no counter argument and this they havent been caught.
    It literally makes sense now. #exposed

@Lyar09 We have fought several times on the field and can say that your shuffle seemed normal.. You are not unkillable :) which is why(no offense) you arent as well known as the 3-4 shuffle exploiters.

We have to consider what ChumpEngine does, it allows you to edit variable properties that are stored in RAM. Why would dodge chance be in RAM? It is now an absolute value through the buff system as minor or major. I can't see from a programing perspective of something that is either one or the other be stored as a magic number client side. Then again, this game..

Is there any sets that alter dodge chance outside of the set buffs, or something that increases/decreases the potency of buffs?
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons