Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK = Strongest PVP Archer?

GrumpyDuckling
GrumpyDuckling
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've been looking at which classes might make for the strongest archer in PVP, and DK seems like it might be it:

Igneous Weapons - Gain both Major and Minor brutality (Mountains Blessing passive).
Corrosive Armor - Ignore 100% of enemy's physical resistance.
Dragon Fire Scale - Protection from projectiles being fired at you.
Green Dragon Blood - Major Endurance for better stamina recovery (can run a different buff for food).

Bonus - Get stamina back whenever you're using Earthen Heart skills.

I think it's Corrosive Armor that sets DK apart. That 100% ignore for resistance looks so sweet when theorycrafting with the bow. Thoughts?

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minor brutality and major endurance, you can get by drinking a potion.
    Major endurance are not a foodbuff, its a potion, its the stamina recovery.
    Corrosive armor only last for 10 seconds.
    Dragon Fire scale takes half your magicka pool as a stam DK.
    Building magicka regen and max magicka to make a stam DD work, shows how weak it is from beginning.

Bow DK strong, but your points are a bit off.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minor brutality and major endurance, you can get by drinking a potion.
    Major endurance are not a foodbuff, its a potion, its the stamina recovery.
    Corrosive armor only last for 10 seconds.
    Dragon Fire scale takes half your magicka pool as a stam DK.
    Building magicka regen and max magicka to make a stam DD work, shows how weak it is from beginning.

Bow DK strong, but your points are a bit off.

Some great points. Have you used Corrosive Armor with the bow? I know it would have to be used sparingly (expensive ultimate + short duration) but does the bow do a lot of extra damage when Corrosive Armor is active?
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Corrosive wasn't an Ulti and/or didn't cost 200 base for a base of 9 seconds, then yeah I may switch my mindset but I still think NBs are the strongest.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on May 31, 2016 11:02AM
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a snipe shot from stealth I hope?
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The NB skills are really good for a pure bow build.

Shadowy Disguise (Cloak) - invis and guaranteed crit.
    Piercing Mark - major breach and suppress stealth.
    Merciless Resolve - minor berserk, minor stam regen and spectral bow (now disease dmg) after 4 light attacks.
    Siphoning Attacks - return magicka and stamina while attacking target.

Stamina DK shines more in close ranged combat with all the (poison) DOTs and strong healing with Igneous Shield, Vigor and Rally.

PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Francescolg
    Francescolg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stamina&Bow DK was strong before they changed Igneous Weapons. The old skill would buff your pure weapon attack damage enormously (+low health target bonus), making the DK a weapon-attack spec monster, with 25k+ fire/destruction staff attacks (and bow, of course).
    This times are gone...!

So, I'd say the NB has more advantages, just because he can stealth and crit infinetely. If you are a good player, you can keep disappearing after every 1-2 attacks (check also CP-skills and respective armors for weapon attack builds, I won't tell you, as I don't want too many people to choose the OP NB class. We're having a wonderful time with this class, being OP practically for 2 years...^^ thanks to a low skill battle lead designer, hahaha Mr. W.)
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not really a question of DPS, you need to accept the fact that a Bow StamNB build is very squishy in comparison to a DK.
    Thats basically it, the rest is related to prefered play style and what kind of class skills you like most.
    However, both are amazing classes and suitable for great stam builds with a Bow.

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was strongest right up until they changed how Reflect works.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are a DK with a bow using Igneous Weapons....you are doing it wrong...
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭

Disagreed. Igneous can give one of the biggest spikes-from-stealth available.
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »

Disagreed. Igneous can give one of the biggest spikes-from-stealth available.

Igneous gives no bonus from stealth or to heavy attack so you might want to re-think what you are doing or maybe what you think you are saying. Rally gives same Major brutality as Igneous but cost's stamina and it heals you. You have two weapon bars and only need one for a bow. Molten Armaments gives 40% to heavy attacks and one of the biggest spikes from stealth.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on June 1, 2016 3:07AM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget. Stam DK gives poison damage. So it'll increase all of your bow poisons DoT (I think)
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Molten armaments better for a bow build?
  • pinchedrug00
    If you are planning to be a dk archer in pvp u could use: 5 morag tong, 5 marksmen, and maelstrom weapons. Since bow and dk skill lines have poison i think that wold work well for a poison archer build.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow 2h dk is ridiculous lol.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.