Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The automatic perma-bans

• themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely 99% of the banned deserved it, if you are the 1% that got banned by mistake, just follow the appeal process, let them know, if you are legit you will be back in game.

Stuff happens no system is perfect but because of cheating and deviant behavior, companies have to take measures to keep the game playable for the rest of us, it is a shame they have to spend so much time on things like this, it takes away from bug fixing, making new content and fun things for the game.

They aren't really bug fixing at all though unless you think every major patch is acceptable, the missing plank at arrius mine is still nowhere to be seen for example and that can't be rocket science to get back.

Besides, IF you are wrongfully banned, how are you going to prove it? You´ve already been convicted by ZOS. They wont need to prove anything, the burden will be all on you to clean your name. A mail saying that "i didn't do it" or whatever will hardly cut it.

To the few people that's been wrongfully banned, i feel sorry for you but if you fail in your appeal process atleast you can move on to games that have basic functionality after two years on the market.

If you did use cheat engine however.. why the *** would you cheat in a mmo? Especially in a mmo like ESO? Lmao.
    :]
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Aprodite wrote: »
    All criminals claim they are innocent.
    All hackers do so too.
    Enjoy your permabans, cheaters.

Agree!!!

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat

"The burden of the proof lies upon him who affirms, not he who denies."
    For those of you who don't read Latin.

"We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »
    How long ago were you guys emperor?

One of people who got banned was emp on Non cp a few times in the last 2-3 days @Tower_Of_Shame

I was emp on saturday then when i went to sleep prootch nightcapped Q__Q

rekt
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Vangy wrote: »
    I wonder if the cheat engin allows for modification of values to recovery and not just ult gen. There are quite a few people ive seen who use dodge roll and block waaaay more than any legitimate build should be able to. No way to verify though. Hopefully ZOS catches all these cheaters and dishes out that perma ban. Hoepfully innocents dont get caught in the cross fire. But they were pretty adamant about not having banned innocents during the survey exploit while forums had tons of cries of oh I didnt exploit but got banned. I guess its ZOS word VS the players... Hard to take a side...

I have suspected this especially when we have all heard that zos can not recreate the shuffle bug? I wonder if by some chance the cheat engine allows for increasing dodge chance.......Just curious....

If there is a variable for maintaining the current dodge chance saved in RAM, then yes.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    According to this post, Shey was not banned because of using the cheat engine. Maybe this is also the case for some others that got banned.
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people really expect anyone to believe they are innocent after a banning?

That's like believing every cheat that didn't and doesn't get banned was/is innocent.

Get this into your head

It doesn't matter what you believe. It matters what the facts are.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people really expect anyone to believe they are innocent after a banning?

That's like believing every cheat that didn't and doesn't get banned was/is innocent.

Get this into your head

It doesn't matter what you believe. It matters what the facts are.

I matters what the facts are?

Ok.

Here is the thing, the only fact I know is we won't be seeing many posts about "how I deserved to be banned" but we will be seeing a lot of "I did nothing I am teh innocent".

Find some Latin for that.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syntse wrote: »
    So this is happening now?

I really do hope that it's not just ultimates they monitor and ban now and call it a day but really starts looking into cheating. Unfortunately I think they will only look into people throwing ultimates too often and ban them and that's it.

Either we want they to try to ferret out cheaters or we don't.

If we want them to try, there will be false positives. The only way to eliminate false positives is to ignore the problem.

And please don't reply with solutions that ESO can't do with their current codebase. Doing so is like saying they should not do anything at the moment. If they chose this poor method to find cheaters, it sounds like there are serious barriers to them identifying questionable numbers.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    All criminals claim they are innocent.
    All hackers do so too.
    Enjoy your permabans, cheaters.
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    Oh, come on. 43 people are banned and they just happen to have banned innocents in that?

Not too long ago with the survey exploit scam, ZOS pointed out there were no innocent bans and not to believe the waves of forum posts.

And I'd honestly be surprised if we weren't expecting dozens of 'emperors' claiming innocently to have been banned now that they're taking care of exploiters. Don't be fooled.
    I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    But you must stand your man and bear the punicement you deserved yourself
    and please
    don´t await any emphasis from others
    cia
    Aprodite wrote: »
    I took notice of this treat and I am not suprised this will happen. If your emp hasn't cheat, don't worry he will get his account back. Otherwise cyro is better without cheaters.

Are you guys for real? Utterly atrocious comments. The witch hunt is on, the fire is burning, and y'all are casting people in with zero proof.

Regardless, these comments, false bans, false accusations are case in point why Zazeer's actions were so misguided.

The ESP PvP community has devolved to new lows and toxicity.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler y'all need to act fast, release a statement and take some corrective measures. Be clear, firm, and unwavering. Members of my guild have now also been falsely banned -- @Azurethe . In fact, we were discussing on TS how it is probably best not to be playing right now because none of us want to get our accounts falsely banned.

The appeals process exists for a reason.
    Come back if their appeals fail.

Guilty until proven innocent now? RIP ESO

You may look at it like that.
    I call it suspended pending further investigation.
    You sound like an apologist.

Surely the innocent people concerned are more than capable of clearing their name ?
    Apparently you fear they will have trouble...for some reason

I'm not apologizing for anything.

The burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies.

Latin, if you prefer: Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat

They have proof.
    Thats why they were banned.
    Its upto them to prove that the 'proof' is flawed
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We're closing this thread as discussing disciplinary action is not permitted. If you, or a friend was wrongfully banned, please reply to the email you received or submit a ticket to our support team and be sure to select the Suspended/Compromised box.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.