The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Pelinal set

Hauztein
Hauztein
✭✭✭
Did i understood right?! With this set i will be able to max one stat and do the same dmg with both magic and stam skills?

• AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    You will be able to max out either spell or weapon damage, make the other equal it. So yes you could use stam skills as a magic character.

I'm thinking of using it on my magblade. I'll have around 2700 damage unbuffed so I'll be able to weave in attacks with concealed weapon
    Edited by AGrz5585 on May 31, 2016 1:58AM
  • Hauztein
    Hauztein
    ✭✭✭
    I will be able to use bow as a magblade with same dmg as i was a stamblade?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But remember your pools of resources are still whatever they are. But cool set, does it come in jewelry?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Jar_Ek
    Jar_Ek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember this doesn't affect CP distribution, the amount of secondary resources you have or secondary regeneration. It also doesn't affect critical chance for the secondary damage. So although it makes a hybrid more viable, they are still much harder to make than pure builds.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You would do less damage unless your max stamina was also equal to your max magicka.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set might be oke but its missing one vital component in the dmg/healing value calculation.

STAM VALUE = Ability Coeff x (10.45 x Max Stamina + Weapon Damage)
    MAGICKA VALUE = Ability Coeff x (10.45 x Max Magicka + Spell Damage)

The 5pc bonus only buffs the lowest weapon/spell dmg but doesnt scale the corresponding resource.

Stamina abilities will not hit very hard on a "magicka" build if you only have 15k stamina with 3.5k weapon dmg because the resource value gets multiplied by 10.45. If you spec more into stamina your magicka based abilities will hit for less because you have a smaller magicka pool.

This leads me to believe the 5pc bonus is not worth it just to buff light/heavy DW attacks on magicka builds.

This set could work for some builds though, I think stamplars with a decent Breath of Life could be pretty strong for example.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i agree with the majority, it doesn't do quite enough to make a hybrid viable, I mean if it gave max Stam and max Magicka instead of recovery it could be strong.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But remember your pools of resources are still whatever they are. But cool set, does it come in jewelry?

9 trait craft able
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just not quite what hybrid builds need in my opinion.

You give up a 5pc bonus to make your spell and weapon damage equal but it does nothing for your weaker resource pool and doesn't do anything for your weaker recovery value. In addition, the 2/3/4 pc bonuses are lacking compared to other stat boosting sets you could be using instead. It's one piece of the hybrid puzzle that comes at much too high a cost. It may play a key role for hybrids in the future, but I don't think all the pieces are in place yet.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the changes to heavy armor this set is awesome for tanks who want to do damage in heavy.

Also a really good set if you wanted to run a healing staff and use healing ward like magic players do you can.

It's a really unique set.

I also really like the kvatch gladiator set for stam DK's or sorcs, spend 75 in the atro constellation use molten weapons or bound armaments get some extra damage on light and heavy attacks.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    With the changes to heavy armor this set is awesome for tanks who want to do damage in heavy.

Also a really good set if you wanted to run a healing staff and use healing ward like magic players do you can.

It's a really unique set.

I also really like the kvatch gladiator set for stam DK's or sorcs, spend 75 in the atro constellation use molten weapons or bound armaments get some extra damage on light and heavy attacks.

Not really. Your biggest resource pool is where you would heal from. 35k stam, 15k magica, 4k weapon and spell damage... Vigor will do a lot more for you