The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

The automatic perma-bans

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is this.

A guildie I know got banned, and ZOS was able to know that he had been running the program since 2015 because they do log what interacts and hooks the game executable. I only know this because I know someone who was working directly with ZOS on helping catch these people.

If you got banned you got banned because at some point you had used such a program and they are going back a very long time in those logs now that they know how to find it...sorry in this case Those banned are 99.9% sure not innocent. they have logs to know what you had hooking the game client, there are no innocents this time around. They are also going back as far as 2014, if you ever installed it used such a program they will know.

Yes they do log what programs interact and hook the game exe. They are not as clueless as many here seem to think they are

Didn't your friend sign any sort of NDA and isn't allowed to talk about that? ;)

Well if he did he might not have a job much longer because of his "friend" wanting to show he knows ZOS devs personally. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    All I'll say is this.

A guildie I know got banned, and ZOS was able to know that he had been running the program since 2015 because they do log what interacts and hooks the game executable. I only know this because I know someone who was working directly with ZOS on helping catch these people.

If you got banned you got banned because at some point you had used such a program and they are going back a very long time in those logs now that they know how to find it...sorry in this case Those banned are 99.9% sure not innocent. they have logs to know what you had hooking the game client, there are no innocents this time around. They are also going back as far as 2014, if you ever installed it used such a program they will know.

Yes they do log what programs interact and hook the game exe. They are not as clueless as many here seem to think they are

Didn't your friend sign any sort of NDA and isn't allowed to talk about that? ;)

Well if he did he might not have a job much longer because of his "friend" wanting to show he knows ZOS devs personally. :tongue:

"I know someone" isn't really outing anyone though. :P
    :]
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Nafirian wrote: »

Ban inc, drop the emp fam :D

I was legitimately surprised i wasn't banned when i woke up. The amount of meteors into tether into liek 4 more meteors i pulled off yesterday was insane. Thanks ZOS Don't ban me yet :(

Careful. Daryn was emp on saturday and got banned yesterday I think.

You are not safe yet :trollface:

I swear if i get banned because i was emp im going to (Extremely Censored)
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is this.

Depends :smiley: looks like they called the guy just a few days ago, I mean if they have those logs since forever and couldn't find an apparently well known program...
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    I wonder if the cheat engin allows for modification of values to recovery and not just ult gen. There are quite a few people ive seen who use dodge roll and block waaaay more than any legitimate build should be able to. No way to verify though. Hopefully ZOS catches all these cheaters and dishes out that perma ban. Hoepfully innocents dont get caught in the cross fire. But they were pretty adamant about not having banned innocents during the survey exploit while forums had tons of cries of oh I didnt exploit but got banned. I guess its ZOS word VS the players... Hard to take a side...

I have suspected this especially when we have all heard that zos can not recreate the shuffle bug? I wonder if by some chance the cheat engine allows for increasing dodge chance.......Just curious....
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »
    All criminals claim they are innocent.
    All hackers do so too.
    Enjoy your permabans, cheaters.
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    Oh, come on. 43 people are banned and they just happen to have banned innocents in that?

Not too long ago with the survey exploit scam, ZOS pointed out there were no innocent bans and not to believe the waves of forum posts.

And I'd honestly be surprised if we weren't expecting dozens of 'emperors' claiming innocently to have been banned now that they're taking care of exploiters. Don't be fooled.
    I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    But you must stand your man and bear the punicement you deserved yourself
    and please
    don´t await any emphasis from others
    cia
    Aprodite wrote: »
    I took notice of this treat and I am not suprised this will happen. If your emp hasn't cheat, don't worry he will get his account back. Otherwise cyro is better without cheaters.

Are you guys for real? Utterly atrocious comments. The witch hunt is on, the fire is burning, and y'all are casting people in with zero proof.

Regardless, these comments, false bans, false accusations are case in point why Zazeer's actions were so misguided.

The ESP PvP community has devolved to new lows and toxicity.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler y'all need to act fast, release a statement and take some corrective measures. Be clear, firm, and unwavering. Members of my guild have now also been falsely banned -- @Azurethe . In fact, we were discussing on TS how it is probably best not to be playing right now because none of us want to get our accounts falsely banned.

The appeals process exists for a reason.
    Come back if their appeals fail.
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rune_Relic wrote: »
    All hackers do so too.
    Oh, come on. 43 people are banned and they just happen to have banned innocents in that?

Not too long ago with the survey exploit scam, ZOS pointed out there were no innocent bans and not to believe the waves of forum posts.

And I'd honestly be surprised if we weren't expecting dozens of 'emperors' claiming innocently to have been banned now that they're taking care of exploiters. Don't be fooled.
    I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    and please
    cia
    I took notice of this treat and I am not suprised this will happen. If your emp hasn't cheat, don't worry he will get his account back. Otherwise cyro is better without cheaters.

Are you guys for real? Utterly atrocious comments. The witch hunt is on, the fire is burning, and y'all are casting people in with zero proof.

Regardless, these comments, false bans, false accusations are case in point why Zazeer's actions were so misguided.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler y'all need to act fast, release a statement and take some corrective measures. Be clear, firm, and unwavering. Members of my guild have now also been falsely banned -- @Azurethe . In fact, we were discussing on TS how it is probably best not to be playing right now because none of us want to get our accounts falsely banned.

Guilty until proven innocent now? RIP ESO
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They can talk/write for themselves, LoL
    and be aware they look back all the logs of any account, if there has been at any time an abuse!

Cauze bro, that is what you and your friends vowed to, as all of you accepted the eso-rules!!!

So sit down and have just as much fun with the ban as you had while ABUSING me and all others!

You will find another game where you can talk big, how good you are, not mentioning you´re screwing all and everything while cheating, exploiting and so on
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is this.

Depends :smiley: looks like they called the guy just a few days ago, I mean if they have those logs since forever and couldn't find an apparently well known program...

Sounds like an external consultant to me. They most likely do not hire that many of them for such issues. And as an external consultant you generally have to sign NDAs or you simply won't be hired. or some talented kid who offered them that service for a few crowns ;)
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on May 31, 2016 12:06PM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    MoeCoastie wrote: »
    If you are wrongfully banned, there is a process to appeal. Im sure if you were banned on the basis of a technicality, it will be discovered upon further review. These types of threads are usually BS and a desperate attempt by cheaters to fish for sympathy and possible excuses to mask their guilt.

exacly this> all the 3 day bans they gave during the crafting writh survey maps, 100% of them was legit and right. so all those who pretended that they didnt know were just liars. all that crying and whining that we didnt exploit. BS

Some people have way too much faith in ZOS' banning systems :)
    Gave up.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should really investigate further... and by no means unban anyone who has really made use of 3rd party programs at any time. i've heard countless of people brag on TS (in various games) how they love to cheat and exploit and if they ever got banned, that would successfully appeal.
    Edited by Kas on May 31, 2016 12:10PM
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is this.

@themdogesbite that's exactly what someone trying to defend their job would say!

Impressive knowledge of game mechanics: Check
    Good charisma and following: Check
    AD characters: Check

Yup, smells like Dev to me. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is this.

@themdogesbite that's exactly what someone trying to defend their job would say!

Impressive knowledge of game mechanics: Check
    Good charisma and following: Check
    AD characters: Check

Yup, smells like Dev to me. :tongue:

Id have my malestrom 2h by now if that was the case, im innocent of this crime! ;)
    :]
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhunn wrote: »
    kuro-dono wrote: »
    MoeCoastie wrote: »
    If you are wrongfully banned, there is a process to appeal. Im sure if you were banned on the basis of a technicality, it will be discovered upon further review. These types of threads are usually BS and a desperate attempt by cheaters to fish for sympathy and possible excuses to mask their guilt.

exacly this> all the 3 day bans they gave during the crafting writh survey maps, 100% of them was legit and right. so all those who pretended that they didnt know were just liars. all that crying and whining that we didnt exploit. BS

Some people have way too much faith in ZOS' banning systems :)

Are you saying that ZOS doesnt have good anti cheat and ban systems? :oooo HOW DARE YOU im reporting you to Wrobel now enjoy you permanent ban from life!
    Edited by Nafirian on May 31, 2016 12:17PM
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and be aware they look back all the logs of any account, if there has been at any time an abuse!

Cauze bro, that is what you and your friends vowed to, as all of you accepted the eso-rules!!!

So sit down and have just as much fun with the ban as you had while ABUSING me and all others!

You will find another game where you can talk big, how good you are, not mentioning you´re screwing all and everything while cheating, exploiting and so on

Prove that we were cheating, then we'll talk.

Otherwise these are baseless accusations.
  • Aprodite
    Aprodite
    ✭✭
    All hackers do so too.

Agree!!!

Rip Aprodite - Sorcerer AD-Eur (it was fun untill patch 1.6, I became a tank. They gave me this strong shield to protect me. It became stronger if I stacked magicka. I never asked for this and now you expect from me to relearn my sorcerer again and spent my hardworking money on a broken game.. what do you think? Never forget 5-29-2016!) What a mess!
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All hackers do so too.

Agree!!!

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, true....

you are those who get banned for doing nothing....

sorry I must have overread that fact

have a great day!
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, this was so predictable! You guys asked for this, and now you got it. False positives are ALWAYS going to be a problem with heavy handed, knee-jerk responses.

What ZOS SHOULD have done was FIX the problem that is allowing this exploit.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hackers do so too.

Agree!!!

But that's so much more work, man.
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you were not cheating, you will get unbanned, the event wiped from your record, and probably some Crowns.

If you are innocent (or guilty) there is a process, one that does not include a stop by the forums. The forums are full of people who will automatically believe whatever they read, and also those who will assume you are lying. My personal opinion is that anyone who is innocent should follow the process, minus the forum update.

Until the ban is reversed, you are indistinguishable from a person who was rightly banned and is trying to get off without one.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 31, 2016 12:27PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah, true....

you are those who get banned for doing nothing....

sorry I must have overread that fact

have a great day!

Do you realize that the only thing that happens to get banned in for players to "report" you in game?

• Aprodite
    Aprodite
    ✭✭
    Don't forget these groups bring the lag with them... while you are defending roe and they are farming red at King or Arrius...
    Rip Aprodite - Sorcerer AD-Eur (it was fun untill patch 1.6, I became a tank. They gave me this strong shield to protect me. It became stronger if I stacked magicka. I never asked for this and now you expect from me to relearn my sorcerer again and spent my hardworking money on a broken game.. what do you think? Never forget 5-29-2016!) What a mess!
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to my friend as well. He got emp on Azura's, and not too long after, he got booted from the server and received this message. ):
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All hackers do so too.

I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    and please
    cia

You may look at it like that.
    I call it suspended pending further investigation.
    You sound like an apologist.

Surely the innocent people concerned are more than capable of clearing their name ?
    Apparently you fear they will have trouble...for some reason
    Edited by Rune_Relic on May 31, 2016 12:54PM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All hackers do so too.

I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    and please
    cia

You may look at it like that.
    I call it suspended pending further investigation.
    You sound like an apologist.

Surely the innocent people concerned are more than capable of clearing their name ?
    Apparently you fear they will have trouble...for some reason

I'm not apologizing for anything.

The burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies.

Latin, if you prefer: Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely 99% of the banned deserved it, if you are the 1% that got banned by mistake, just follow the appeal process, let them know, if you are legit you will be back in game.

Stuff happens no system is perfect but because of cheating and deviant behavior, companies have to take measures to keep the game playable for the rest of us, it is a shame they have to spend so much time on things like this, it takes away from bug fixing, making new content and fun things for the game.
  • Tower_Of_Shame
    Tower_Of_Shame
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long ago were you guys emperor?

One of people who got banned was emp on Non cp a few times in the last 2-3 days @Tower_Of_Shame

I was emp on saturday then when i went to sleep prootch nightcapped Q__Q

• rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people really expect anyone to believe they are innocent after a banning?

That's like believing every cheat that didn't and doesn't get banned was/is innocent.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do people really expect anyone to believe they are innocent after a banning?

That's like believing every cheat that didn't and doesn't get banned was/is innocent.

Well by the way ZOS has handeled things (previous exploits, bugs, the lag issues etc), can you really blame people for doubting the way they handle things?

I sure as hell think they can and will do mistakes in this witch hunt. :)

But for those who did use that cheat engine: Get rekt.
    Edited by Master_Kas on May 31, 2016 1:08PM
    EU | PC
This discussion has been closed.