Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The automatic perma-bans

• IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How long ago were you guys emperor?
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS phail.... *faceshot*

PC EU
    PvP only
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating.
    Erondil wrote: »
    There is a system where people get automatic ban if they got a certain amount of report for the same reason. That works for "offensive" char names and zos might have enabled it for ultimate cheat. If they did people too dumb to notice somebody is emperor, or just salty can report someone and get him banned although no third party program was used. Thats what happened to some people yesterday.

So you say that their high-end anti-cheat system is actually parsing the complaints sent by players? resulting in bans? Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. I think i have to write a few complaints tonight :lol:

This whole thing is just getting better every second. ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody gets banned for nothing!

They see your logs, remember that, you "innocent"!

and you thought you would get along with that,

and now you are crying! How funny is that! LoL
  • Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saying an emperor is as possible cheater as anyone else. Because I don´t know anything about this case I let ZOS do their work. Apparently, there are many players who did cheat and got banned.
    Edited by Minnesinger on May 31, 2016 9:27AM
    The wind is cold where I live,
    The blizzard is my home,
    Snow and ice and loaded dice, the Wizard lives alone.
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The world is made of sugar and carebears roam the streets. TESO is a stable, bug-free game, no anti-cheat system has ever failed, 100% of the bans in the world are legit, one way or another.

And you should stop skooma too.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no leaching Banana Squad the next days backdooring a keep of red and blues fighting? Sounds like a good day to me :)
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

The world is made of sugar and carebears roam the streets. TESO is a stable, bug-free game, no anti-cheat system has ever failed, 100% of the bans in the world are legit, one way or another.

And you should stop skooma too.

I have *hic* no idea *hic* what the *hic* skooma *hic* is.... But I see unicorns crossing the streets too! *hic*
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emperors getting auto-banned for having 2x ulti gain and next update using gap closers will be considered an exploit.

They might as well start auto-banning people for daring to log into the game at all at this rate. :D
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it kinda stupid that they only adjusted their anti cheat stuff to detect the ult gain when people might be using it in a smart way and increasing their regen and other things. From what is known it seems possible to use the cheat engine in a more subtle manner.

But well, ZoS will be ZoS.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grabmoore wrote: »
    So no leaching Banana Squad the next days backdooring a keep of red and blues fighting? Sounds like a good day to me :)

No bans besides @AyelineESO (reason i dont know since i haven't set foot in cyro since this stuff started.) Enjoy trying to cap some keeps, dont be suprised if they magically turn yellow though. ;)
    :]
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    I find it kinda stupid that they only adjusted their anti cheat stuff to detect the ult gain when people might be using it in a smart way and increasing their regen and other things. From what is known it seems possible to use the cheat engine in a more subtle manner.

But well, ZoS will be ZoS.

How this kind of stuff can be screwed around with on the client side is beyond me. You'd think they would keep this data in a server-based database. People's gear and stats and everything.
    Edited by Valencer on May 31, 2016 10:17AM
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long ago were you guys emperor?

One of people who got banned was emp on Non cp a few times in the last 2-3 days @Tower_Of_Shame
  • MoeCoastie
    MoeCoastie
    ✭✭✭
    If you are wrongfully banned, there is a process to appeal. Im sure if you were banned on the basis of a technicality, it will be discovered upon further review. These types of threads are usually BS and a desperate attempt by cheaters to fish for sympathy and possible excuses to mask their guilt.
  • kuro-dono
    kuro-dono
    ✭✭✭✭
    MoeCoastie wrote: »
    If you are wrongfully banned, there is a process to appeal. Im sure if you were banned on the basis of a technicality, it will be discovered upon further review. These types of threads are usually BS and a desperate attempt by cheaters to fish for sympathy and possible excuses to mask their guilt.

exacly this> all the 3 day bans they gave during the crafting writh survey maps, 100% of them was legit and right. so all those who pretended that they didnt know were just liars. all that crying and whining that we didnt exploit. BS
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    Lol warm regards?

I probably would not use the tavas set for a while.
    Edited by Armitas on May 31, 2016 11:18AM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Abra
    Abra
    ✭✭✭
    LOL
    Emperors that never used Third party program getting perma-banned and receive :
    We’ve noticed some unusual behavior on this account related to Ultimate Abilities. As a result, we regret to inform you that this account has been permanently disabled and will no longer be eligible to participate in any ZeniMax Online services.

If you wish to appeal this ban, you may do so by taking the following steps:

• Open the Support page on the official ESOTU website and click on Email or contact Customer Support here.
    • Once the support e-mail opens, choose Account / Billing under "What kind of problem are you experiencing?"
    • Choose "I Would Like to appeal a suspension/ban." from the Select a Subcategory dropdown menu.
    • Describe the problem in the space provided.
    • Click Submit Question to send the appeal to Customer Support.

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team
    08f.png

• Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »
    Nafirian wrote: »

Ban inc, drop the emp fam :D

I was legitimately surprised i wasn't banned when i woke up. The amount of meteors into tether into liek 4 more meteors i pulled off yesterday was insane. Thanks ZOS Don't ban me yet :(

Careful. Daryn was emp on saturday and got banned yesterday I think.

You are not safe yet :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guys I've seen mentioned here as being auto-banned are really good players. People instantly assuming they were in fact really cheating is just... typical.
    Edited by Valencer on May 31, 2016 10:45AM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sheey wrote: »
    I got banned as well. Throwed 4ulti same time as emp in the past xd

You got banned for dropping ults in the past as emp? oO

Clouding swarm -> Clouding swarm -> Dawnbreaker of smiting -> Dawnbreaker of smiting :trollface:

Big boss the dark phoenix still is in agony <3
    Edited by Master_Kas on May 31, 2016 10:47AM
    EU | PC
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »
    Sheey wrote: »
    I got banned as well. Throwed 4ulti same time as emp in the past xd

You got banned for dropping ults in the past as emp? oO

Clouding swarm -> Clouding swarm -> Dawnbreaker of smiting -> Dawnbreaker of smiting :trollface:

ssshhhh everyone knows its hax!

Or... maybe it's the Dunning-Kruger-effect?
    Edited by r.jan_emailb16_ESO on May 31, 2016 10:50AM
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, now i'm very happy i was too lazy to reset ice comet to shooting star the last time i was emp ^^
    that said, maybe it's time to rethink shooting start - emp interaction, anyway.
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My guild have been planning on trying to reach top scores in trials for a long time.
    We finally got our best player together and started with getting to know eachother in some AA runs.
    We got to top 4 EU, and this random guy starts whispering one of us, saying we cheat to get the score, and start accusing and spread rumors about us.
    We was in AA for 3,5 hours yesterday, with our best players in a progression guild. And gets accused by this.

I understand its easy to accuse, and I dont take it personal. Just sharing experience about what happends when stuff like this is out there.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »
    The guys I've seen mentioned here as being auto-banned are really good players. People instantly assuming they were in fact really cheating is just... typical.

Somebody being auto banned is a suspect... and "taken in custody", losing his freedom of movement.
    He is not (yet) condemned.

From Gulliver's travels from Jonathan Swift: the Giants and the Lilliputians

Gulliver also describes many of Lilliput's laws, telling the reader that dishonesty and false accusations are punished more severely than theft and other terrible things are punished in England. If someone in Lilliput accuses another but is proven to be wrong in the accusation, the accused is punished severely while the falsely accused person is rewarded.

Jonathan wrote this book because of the snakepit of accusations on the royal court of Queen Elisabeth the first in UK, leading to many beheadings of innocent people.

Justice in western society needed a long road to outgrow the mobs causing witch hunting and lynching indeed.

Edited by hrothbern on May 31, 2016 10:58AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subscribed.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a system where people get automatic ban if they got a certain amount of report for the same reason. That works for "offensive" char names and zos might have enabled it for ultimate cheat. If they did people too dumb to notice somebody is emperor, or just salty can report someone and get him banned although no third party program was used. Thats what happened to some people yesterday.

Unless you're saying this was implemented yesterday I call BS on this.

I have sat on on a TS server had seen/heard a raid of 30+ people all report a single player for "exploiting" and nothing happened. Also wasn't the leader of a dueling guild recently mass reported and didn't get banned?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Unless you're saying this was implemented yesterday I call BS on this.

I have sat on on a TS server had seen/heard a raid of 30+ people all report a single player for "exploiting" and nothing happened. Also wasn't the leader of a dueling guild recently mass reported and didn't get banned?

This system is used for offensives char names, if a player gets reported x amount of times for a char name he gonna have a name change+ a warning automatically. I'm pretty sure (its only assumption tho) they can enable it when they want for whatever kind of rulebreaking action. This or they dont know how their game works and what an emp can do.
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is this.

A guildie I know got banned, and ZOS was able to know that he had been running the program since 2015 because they do log what interacts and hooks the game executable. I only know this because I know someone who was working directly with ZOS on helping catch these people.

If you got banned you got banned because at some point you had used such a program and they are going back a very long time in those logs now that they know how to find it...sorry in this case Those banned are 99.9% sure not innocent. they have logs to know what you had hooking the game client, there are no innocents this time around. They are also going back as far as 2014, if you ever installed it used such a program they will know.

Yes they do log what programs interact and hook the game exe. They are not as clueless as many here seem to think they are
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All criminals claim they are innocent.
    All hackers do so too.
    Enjoy your permabans, cheaters.
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    Oh, come on. 43 people are banned and they just happen to have banned innocents in that?

Not too long ago with the survey exploit scam, ZOS pointed out there were no innocent bans and not to believe the waves of forum posts.

And I'd honestly be surprised if we weren't expecting dozens of 'emperors' claiming innocently to have been banned now that they're taking care of exploiters. Don't be fooled.
    I am sooo sorry for you!
    Really
    But you must stand your man and bear the punicement you deserved yourself
    and please
    don´t await any emphasis from others
    cia
    Aprodite wrote: »
    I took notice of this treat and I am not suprised this will happen. If your emp hasn't cheat, don't worry he will get his account back. Otherwise cyro is better without cheaters.

Are you guys for real? Utterly atrocious comments. The witch hunt is on, the fire is burning, and y'all are casting people in with zero proof.

Regardless, these comments, false bans, false accusations are case in point why Zazeer's actions were so misguided.

The ESP PvP community has devolved to new lows and toxicity.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_TristanK @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler y'all need to act fast, release a statement and take some corrective measures. Be clear, firm, and unwavering. Members of my guild have now also been falsely banned -- @Azurethe . In fact, we were discussing on TS how it is probably best not to be playing right now because none of us want to get our accounts falsely banned.
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I'll say is this.

A guildie I know got banned, and ZOS was able to know that he had been running the program since 2015 because they do log what interacts and hooks the game executable. I only know this because I know someone who was working directly with ZOS on helping catch these people.

If you got banned you got banned because at some point you had used such a program and they are going back a very long time in those logs now that they know how to find it...sorry in this case Those banned are 99.9% sure not innocent. they have logs to know what you had hooking the game client, there are no innocents this time around. They are also going back as far as 2014, if you ever installed it used such a program they will know.

Yes they do log what programs interact and hook the game exe. They are not as clueless as many here seem to think they are

Didn't your friend sign any sort of NDA and isn't allowed to talk about that? ;)
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
This discussion has been closed.