The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Vampire Feeding should give Drink Buff

Lokryn
Lokryn
✭✭✭✭
So, I really like where ZoS is going with the vampire changes of requiring certain stages to get the passive buffs. But I'm afraid most people will just stay in their desired stage all the time and forget about the debuffs. Why not give an incentive to feed to make things interesting? My suggestion is to give you a 30 minute Blue level Drink Buff that scales with your level/CP when you feed. This will make you have to make interesting choices between staying in your desired stage and maintaining your drink buff. For those who don't care to make that choice, they can just use regular Blue drinks to maintain a drink buff since you won't be able to have both at the same time. This fits the theme of a vampire where they have to balance their thirst with the level of power they desire.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even more buffs to vampires? No reason to stay human.
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this world be a nerf not a buff...
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't feeding already make the fire damage not so bad?
  • camilla_noctis
    camilla_noctis
    ✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

I'm really tired of fire damage being the go-to to ignore all vampire stage balance issues. Not that many class abilities use fire, and going up in stage literally only weakens your character EXCEPT in very specific situations like certain dungeons. Even then, powering through with heals is usually sufficient. The incredibly specific situations where the fire vulnerability is a do-or-die thing is not enough to justify the (new) state of the stages.

• Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashamray wrote: »
    Even more buffs to vampires? No reason to stay human.

It's only a buff because it will save you from having to use a blue level drink. Everyone has access to blue level drinks by either crafting it in provisioning or buying it. Heck, make the buff a green level drink then, doesn't change the intent of the suggestion.

Edited by Lokryn on May 31, 2016 1:23AM
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

But then you lose power as you go back to Stage 1 by making your vampire skills cost more and losing passive skills. Again, the point of the change is to force to you make interesting choices.
    Edited by Lokryn on May 31, 2016 1:21AM
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    this world be a nerf not a buff...

How is it a nerf? You can always eat your own blue or purple drink. Just make the drink buff from feeding not overwrite your current drink.

The goal of the suggestion it not to buff or nerf vampires, it's to make managing the different stages more interesting.
    Edited by Lokryn on May 31, 2016 1:19AM