The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ideal Stam DK Race with Dark Brotherhood changes

Trihugger
Trihugger
✭✭✭
Heyo,

I had played ESO during Orsinium as a Magicka sorc. The lack of anything resembling rewarding group endgame content at that time was what ultimately killed it for me. I've graced myself with a bum knee and "get" to have surgery in a couple weeks and as such need to find something indoors to do. Making a new character sounded like a plan, good or bad remains to be seen however.

Reading DB patch notes for DK, I'm reading a few abilities are becoming poison damage instead of fire. My question then is this more of a Magicka DK thing or does this actually throw a bone in the works towards Dunmer being the generally accepted "ideal" for stamina DK? Don't worry about trying to explain things too in depth as I don't have a pot to pee in so to speak as far as any DK knowledge.

Best Answer

• andy_s
    andy_s
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian, nord... I hope you guys are not serious :/

Best races for a stam dk are redguard (great sustain) and khajiit (more crit = more dps). If you also want to tank, then imperial is a nice option too.
    World's First Cloudrest Hardmode + Speed Run + No Death w/ HODOR
    Tick-Tock Tormentor & All vHoF Achievements done w/ Chimaira
    World's First Sanctum Ophidia Difficult Mode (patch 1.5)
    World#2 vMoL All Achievements w/ Aquila Raiders
    Answer ✓
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian or Bosmer

- Both have Resist Poison passives
    - The Argonian Potion passive synergizes great with the DK Earthen Heart skills and general resource management
    - Argonians also have extra HP and HP Received, making tank builds possible
    - Bosmer have extra Stamina and Stamina Regen, making them great DPSers
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention: only the Stamina morphs of DK skills are changed to Poison

For a Mag DK, Dunmer is still the best option by far. The Magicka skills remain Fire Damage
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    Nord.
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7UKKFaXVXE

Thats my set up if I dont have monster helms. Cause the RnG. But I would rather have this set going cause it works out good.
    Edited by sneakymitchell on May 31, 2016 12:14AM
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Argonian or Bosmer

- Both have Resist Poison passives
    - The Argonian Potion passive synergizes great with the DK Earthen Heart skills and general resource management
    - Argonians also have extra HP and HP Received, making tank builds possible
    - Bosmer have extra Stamina and Stamina Regen, making them great DPSers

Bear in mind the poison/disease resist ARgonians and Bosmer receive is a lot lower with respect to the fire/cold that dunmer/nords get, or the over 3k you get of spell res from being Breton. I'm not impressed with the poison/disease resist when its slightly over 1k at v16. Its negligible. The rest of the stuff is true. I personally think there are compelling reasons to play Nord, Imperial, Orc, Bosmer, Redguard, or Khajiit as a Stamina DK depending what you will do. The margin is going to be in a plus or minus of 3% variance of performance between these, so do with that what you will.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    andy.s wrote: »
    Argonian, nord... I hope you guys are not serious :/

Best races for a stam dk are redguard (great sustain) and khajiit (more crit = more dps). If you also want to tank, then imperial is a nice option too.

Depends if it is a pvp or pve mindset behind the character too.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    It's Redguard
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    PvP-redguard , PvE- khajiit,imperial,redguard,orc. Basicly if You want most flexible race for pvp and pve choose redguard. Adrenaline rush passive beat every other race passives ,it's even too OP imo. Basicly with 40k max stamina You get 1,2k stamina back if You do meele attack each 3 seonds so that means You have 800 stamina regen if You're in fight. Other 2 passives are stamina versions of high elf passives which is considered one of the best magicka races.