Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Witch Hunt?

Nefas
Nefas
Class Representative
My friend just today has been unjustly banned/suspended for 3 days because of "excessive ultimate using" after apparently being reported by a group she fought. Actions regarding the cheat engine/other exploits are definitely necessary but going on a witch hunt based on assumption rather than evidence is just as bad as not doing anything and possibly worse.

I could go into about how the individual in question wouldn't even be the type to cheat or how she wouldn't even know where to go for those cheats or that in every circumstance I've fought with/against her I've never seen the ultimate hack being used but that is irrelevant to the issue at hand since all the feedback she got from ZOS was that she was merely suspended. Sticking to facts, I hope her ticket is answered and her suspension is rectified.

I am sure that this thread may be subject to being locked as I am not that individual and that such matters should be submitted through tickets. I am simply pleading that everybody not en masse report individuals they simply think are hacking/cheating. I recall there being a thread somewhere about asking ZOS to consider that not all reports are authentic and I hope this thread serves as a continued reminder of that.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2016-05-30-19-07-31--1918339240.jpg
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If all they do is handing out 3 day bans for that software's usage, it doesn't matter anyways.

Also ibtl.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, I don't believe it for a second... they verify the reports thoroughly & have to check the stats that more ultimate was used than should be possible to generate.
    Nefas wrote: »
    ZOS to consider that not all reports are authentic

they DO.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend just today has been unjustly banned/suspended for 3 days because of "excessive ultimate using" after apparently being reported by a group she fought. Actions regarding the cheat engine/other exploits are definitely necessary but going on a witch hunt based on assumption rather than evidence is just as bad as not doing anything and possibly worse.

I could go into about how the individual in question wouldn't even be the type to cheat or how she wouldn't even know where to go for those cheats or that in every circumstance I've fought with/against her I've never seen the ultimate hack being used but that is irrelevant to the issue at hand since all the feedback she got from ZOS was that she was merely suspended. Sticking to facts, I hope her ticket is answered and her suspension is rectified.

I am sure that this thread may be subject to being locked as I am not that individual and that such matters should be submitted through tickets. I am simply pleading that everybody not en masse report individuals they simply think are hacking/cheating. I recall there being a thread somewhere about asking ZOS to consider that not all reports are authentic and I hope this thread serves as a continued reminder of that.

Welcome to Cyrodiil, aka Town of Salem 2.0!

Ok, joking aside, I'm hoping that people will take time and actually report legitimate people, not spend their days finding a good hiding spot and reporting any individuals that pass by.

I hope your friend gets this situation rectified.

And about this thread getting locked...it may happen, but do me a favor and do submit a ticket so that you beat ZoS to the punch on that.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really?! So the actual cheaters(not saying your friend was, just going by the punishment) are only going to get a 3 day ban?!

WOW. Seriously. Just wow.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Leandor wrote: »
    If all they do is handing out 3 day bans for that software's usage, it doesn't matter anyways.

Personally, I feel that I wouldn't like myself being suspended if I'm not cheating for any length of time.

In reference to the 2nd post, people reporting an individual en masse is nothing new and shouldn't be regarded as "crying". I have seen people in zone chat encouraging others to report an individual for "shuffle stacking" and other dubious things. Such things are worrying to me. That's all.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friend got caught period. What has me thinking is why is it only a 3 day ban. If that is the case then this game is done.
  • Medieval_Miss81
    Medieval_Miss81
    ✭✭✭
    What you are stating doesn't bear up under scrutiny. ZOS specifically stated that people who used those hacks got permabanned. So, your friend couldn't have been suspended for that as it wouldn't have been only a 3 day ban.
    Co-GM of Cor Leonis
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTF three day ban... ZOS why do you give people such leeway? should be banned at least until this is fixed so they can't come back and do it again. Then again if your "popular" and blatantly break the TOS ZOS will let you do whatever you want.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If she got a 3 day ban she got off pretty easy. According to Jessica anyone caught using the 3rd party program will be getting slapped with permanent bans.

So right now Im going to make the assumption that this thread is based on nonsense that hasnt actually occurred. Because its either youre making this up. Or Jessica is.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Dharius
    Dharius
    ✭✭
    What you are stating doesn't bear up under scrutiny. ZOS specifically stated that people who used those hacks got permabanned. So, your friend couldn't have been suspended for that as it wouldn't have been only a 3 day ban.

This
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Your friend got caught period. What has me thinking is why is it only a 3 day ban. If that is the case then this game is done.

Just like how myself and a guildie were "caught" for "botting" because of sending out guild mail/stacking bank via addons. ZOS does not have a perfect system. And I agree, if it is a 3 day ban it is too light of a punishment.

The only reason why she was banned is because of these exact words: "excessive ultimate using". That's it. We know nothing else.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for context...
    Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

In addition, we're working on a number of fixes and improvements to prevent this kind of behavior from happening in ESO in the future. We'll provide more specific details about this tomorrow.

We want to thank everyone who has helped us identify those who would ruin your game experience by cheating, and the means by which they were doing so.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be permanent.
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on May 30, 2016 11:26PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Just to point out that isn't what they said. They said they had permabanned a number who had been caught cheating. Not that they had permabanned everyone caught cheating. or that they planned to permaban everyone they caught.

They do say they plan to keep banning those found. And a three day ban is a ban. So... yeah.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    So right now Im going to make the assumption that this thread is based on nonsense that hasnt actually occurred. Because its either youre making this up. Or Jessica is.

I don't understand why I would fabricate such things? Or why ZOS would. Regardless, the focus of this thread that I wanted to really address is people abusing the reports in large numbers that could potentially lead to unnecessary ban/suspensions.
  • Yngve_Nik
    Yngve_Nik
    ✭✭
    Yes, and the jail is full of innocent people
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why I would fabricate such things? Or why ZOS would. Regardless, the focus of this thread that I wanted to really address is people abusing the reports in large numbers that could potentially lead to unnecessary ban/suspensions.

That's unfortunately always the case

If your friend truly got banned AND was innocent, best thing to do is to send in a ticket
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems to me it was a script ZOS run that caught these people so the whole "a lot of people reported my friend" isn't exactly what happened. I again reiterate that it should be a perma ban.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Nope, I don't believe it for a second... they verify the reports thoroughly & have to check the stats that more ultimate was used than should be possible to generate.
    ZOS to consider that not all reports are authentic

they DO.

In regards to this specific case for my friend, we'll see what the results are. As for any other case, I'm not too quite sure that they look at every single report thoroughly. Again, no idea as I don't work at ZOS how they exactly process reports.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your friend wouldn't happen to have been a NB using Soul Harvest? Cuz that one can be spammed if you're lucky (my record is 4 :p )
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3 days for hacking? Way to encourage the cheats!

I get being gentle to exploiters but this is out and out hacking... minimum ban of life surely?
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

I get being gentle to exploiters but this is out and out hacking... minimum ban of life surely?

It's prob fake, or ZOS forgot to update their automated ban mails
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Seems to me it was a script ZOS run that caught these people so the whole "a lot of people reported my friend" isn't exactly what happened. I again reiterate that it should be a perma ban.

It is exactly what happened. She fought a group with a couple other people and after that got the ban. I find it interesting that the ban occurred after the in-game conflict and not before or many hours after.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    Tryxus wrote: »
    Your friend wouldn't happen to have been a NB using Soul Harvest? Cuz that one can be spammed if you're lucky (my record is 4 :p )

Templar.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tavore1138 wrote: »

*ahem*

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/3023650#Comment_3023650
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is exactly what happened. She fought a group with a couple other people and after that got the ban. I find it interesting that the ban occurred after the in-game conflict and not before or many hours after.

So you know the people who reported her? Was in the room when they did it?

I call Bulls hit on this whole thing.

Good try though to put confusion out there.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone in prison is innocent.

Just ask them.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative

So you know the people who reported her? Was in the room when they did it?

I call Bulls hit on this whole thing.

Good try though to put confusion out there.

Sigh. Yes, because I have nothing better to do than spread misinformation on the official forums of ESO. I of course am so bored I'd lie about a friend getting suspended then ask others to consider to not spam reports on individuals they've never exactly met/watched for quite some time. Do I know the exact character names of the group that fought her? I will try to find out and get back to you on that.

No matter what I say, even if I agree with you that cheaters should get permanently banned, you seem to think I'm here to lie. Your mentality is why I am worried about the report system being used en masse.
  • RinOkumara
    RinOkumara
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »

Also ibtl.
    Just a quick update for everyone regarding the recent influx of those using third party tools to cheat in ESO. We've adjusted our automatic anti-cheat systems to focus specifically on the cheats we've seen in the last few days, in addition to launching investigations on specific players. We've permanently banned 43 players in the last 24 hours who were found to be cheating. We don't take cheating lightly, and will continue to ban those who are found to be cheating. We'll be going back through game logs to identify players who were violating our anti-cheating policies in the hours before we performed the automatic cheat detection adjustment.

In addition, we're working on a number of fixes and improvements to prevent this kind of behavior from happening in ESO in the future. We'll provide more specific details about this tomorrow.

We want to thank everyone who has helped us identify those who would ruin your game experience by cheating, and the means by which they were doing so.

This discussion has been closed.