The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Anybody Test Silver Shards Bow Medium Weave with Evil Hunter?

mr_wazzabi
mr_wazzabi
✭✭✭✭✭
Silver shards has similar base damage to strife and force siphon, but has more than double the cost, which eliminates it from being used as a ranged dps ability.

With the fighters guild changes that reduce cost, I wonder if anybody has tried this out.

Intimidating Presence: This passive ability now also reduces the cost of Fighters Guild abilities by 20%.

Evil Hunter (Expert Hunter morph): In addition to the changes made to the base ability, this morph now also reduces the Stamina cost of Fighters Guild abilities by 25% while active.

With evil hunter activated, theoretically this would be a 45% cost reduction.

Had anyone tried this and if not, how about somebody tries it out and see how resources go?

If it works out, we can finally have a bow build that can dps similar to magicka nb weaving strife with destro or any other magic build weaving force siphon with medium attacks.

P.s. I'm on ps4, so I can't test :'(
Edited by mr_wazzabi on May 27, 2016 10:34PM
Bosmer Stamina NB
Altmer Magicka TEMP
Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
Altmer Magicka NB
Breton Magicka Sorc
Redguard Stam Sorc
Max CP
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the new morphs of evil hunter/camo hunter cost a substantial amount to cast. Since they last only a few seconds, you'd need to spam silver shards nonstop to make use of the cost reduction just to make up for the stamina it cost to cast evil hunter. It's a poorly thought out mechanic, but, that's ESO.

The skill seems to favor circle of protection since it has an absurdly high stamina cost.
    Edited by Zheg on May 27, 2016 10:40PM
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Unfortunately the new morphs of evil hunter/camo hunter cost a substantial amount to cast. Since they last only a few seconds, you'd need to spam silver shards nonstop to make use of the cost reduction just to make up for the stamina it cost to cast evil hunter. It's a poorly thought out mechanic, but, that's ESO.

The skill seems to favor circle of protection since it has an absurdly high stamina cost.

Well....that killed my idea lol
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they reduce the duration of the evil hunter/camo hunter abilities to like 7 seconds or whatever magelight is now? If so that blows.

On a somewhat related note: what visual effect do the hunter abilities give now? They used to apply a big glowing blue particle effect to your weapon, is that still the case or do they do something different?
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Lynx7386 It's still 15 second's for the buff. However you paying 3k stamina just to drop the cost of fighters guild abilities by a percentage. In the end, you would have to be spamming Silver Shard's to even make up for the initial cost of Evil Hunter.

In my opinion, Evil Hunter is for player's who user Circle of Protection and other Fighter's guild abilities as well.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I figure you're paying for 15 seconds of stealth detection and the cost reduction is just icing.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except Hunter is trash now in my honest opinion. But if you're a Nightblade using Siphoning Attacks with Silver Bolts it's a efficient combo.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword