Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crafting Community Demographic Poll

hamgatan
hamgatan
✭✭✭✭✭
Just trying to get an idea of which categories most of the player base fall into when it comes to crafting.

This Poll is indicative of Crafting as it stands in Thieves Guild 2.3 - and relative to Blacksmithing, Woodworking and Clothier crafting.

As we're about to see three new motifs drop in Dark Brotherhood - The question posed is, is everyone up to date and ready for the next 3 or have we all lagged that far behind now that we've just plain given up on crafting..?
Edited by hamgatan on May 23, 2016 1:38AM
PC / NA - 1250 CP
L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
L50 Khajit StamDK PvE DPS 76k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA Potato PetSorc
L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

| Aedra | Fellowship of the Ble | Latency Challenged | The Skooma Emporium | Unlimited |

Crafting Community Demographic Poll 274 votes

Yes I have 9 Trait Everything and HAVE Learned All current Motifs
10%
KhenarthiNebthet78AbeilleheledironmertustaDerNachtfalterShunraviHortator Indoril NerevarDenniMyuuAzraelKriegCouslyOurorboroshamgatanrandolphbenoitBluepitbull13SergunEdziusvartornBenevolentBowdntheogenic 28 votes
Yes I have 9 Trait Everything but HAVEN'T Learned all Motifs
35%
GrunimSigilspearSorianaSolarikenwayfarerxFat_Cat45dodgehopper_ESOMojmirKochDerDamonenAvidsparkDiviniusSteveCampsOutmyrrrorb14_ESOOsteoslolo_01b16_ESOPhilhypeWtrengaIruil_ESOTurelusAimora 97 votes
No I'm Not 9 Trait but i HAVE Learned all Motifs
5%
BlueVioletTeridaxusjircris11ZenzukisaxgoonerNBrookusMerkzM8ViveunBomblePantsPandoriiNoarpepsygnosiChrispyRamboVipstaakkiPuzzlenuts 15 votes
No I'm Not 9 Trait and I HAVEN'T Learned all Motifs
48%
laurajfkeiyla_ESOTotalitarianmurtrem_ESOEsquire1980g_ESOUriel_NocturnekadarNewBlacksmurfcodybrewer78b14_ESOWalkingLegacymilkboxKendaricGigasaxVerboseQuipsaubrey.baconb16_ESOSkayaqdanno8SerasethKharnisLordSock 134 votes
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAMN YOU AKAVIRI!!!!
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting pretty close now to 9-trait everything (light armor and woodworking is done ... halfway through medium armor).

However, there are some motifs that are extremely low priority for me (e.g. Dominion and Pact motifs; I am DC). Still need to grind out Outlaw ... three new motifs are coming in a little over a week.
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i take breaks from eso when i get to feed up with it, i still miss a few traits, should be done in 2 months
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am so very close though, 2 more cloth and 2 more bs weapons to start their training and I will only have a month left for trainging and only half of Akaviri left on motiffs.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    DAMN YOU AKAVIRI!!!!

that one cost me over a million gold + about the same in AP. I question myself as to why i bothered sometimes..

what i'm trying to ascertain here... is if ZOS is flogging a dead horse with regards to constantly releasing new Motifs... and wouldn't the resources be better spent elsewhere as they don't add value anymore? Give people a chance to catch up.. and then ponder new ones later..
    Edited by hamgatan on May 23, 2016 1:48AM
    PC / NA - 1250 CP
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

| Aedra | Fellowship of the Ble | Latency Challenged | The Skooma Emporium | Unlimited |
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you get Akiviri, however, your characters will approve ...

g7lTKd2.jpg

AMLKld7.jpg
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked the wrong option :s
    I don't have 9 traits on everything, and there are a couple of motif's I have yet to learn.
    EU / NA / PC
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAMN YOU AKAVIRI!!!!

I still need shoulders, then I'm done. Just need to PvP a couple of evenings.

I'm working on completing Outlaw, Malacath, Trinimac and the Alliance motifs. I sometimes buy pages, but I prefer getting them myself and trading with guildies.
    The Moot Councillor
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamster + Wheel = MMO

I'll get the rest of the ones I like eventually...the rest Meh ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    DAMN YOU AKAVIRI!!!!

I still need shoulders, then I'm done. Just need to PvP a couple of evenings.

I'm working on completing Outlaw, Malacath, Trinimac and the Alliance motifs. I sometimes buy pages, but I prefer getting them myself and trading with guildies.

I only have daggers and its because it was part of a birthday gift.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    DAMN YOU AKAVIRI!!!!

that one cost me over a million gold + about the same in AP. I question myself as to why I bothered sometimes..

what I'm trying to ascertain here... is if ZOS is flogging a dead horse with regards to constantly releasing new Motifs... and wouldn't the resources be better spent elsewhere as they don't add value anymore? Give people a chance to catch up.. and then ponder new ones later..

I don't feel the rate in which they're adding motifs is an issue, I personally like that they give us some new styles with each major patch/DLC.

Now the rate at which we're able to find them, that would be something that I'd like to see boosted a bit. I'd also appreciate it if they never, ever, do what they did with the Glass style ever again. Stinks hunting chapters but I can deal with that. Fragments of chapters? No, please no. Not again. Never again. :s
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • Darth_Trumpious
    Darth_Trumpious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once you learned everything... you just became the crafting mule of your guild
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't learned them all yet; can't afford to buy them all yet. I don't pvp/run dailies, so don't find them on my own.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost all motifs.

8 traits in everything.

Satisfied :)
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitmass wrote: »
    Now the rate at which we're able to find them, that would be something that I'd like to see boosted a bit. I'd also appreciate it if they never, ever, do what they did with the Glass style ever again. Stinks hunting chapters but I can deal with that. Fragments of chapters? No, please no. Not again. Never again. :s

i think that's the problem... the RNG game...

there's the grinding and the trouble to get there. fragments of chapters etc.. it just made it go to a point beyond ridiculous. I also dont mind if new motifs come out but it's like... you set yourself an end goal.. you have to trek across the Sahara to get there.. but then at the end of it ZOS smirk at you and say oh by the way... now your end goalpost has moved to the other side of the Sinai peninsula too..

PC / NA - 1250 CP

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

• hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so from the results so far... it looks like the reason for such disparity with players crafting achievements appears to be because of the Motif grind and not the Trait grind... interesting.

PC / NA - 1250 CP

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you've played since launch, you would have finished researching all motifs almost a year ago if you were paying attention to timing and such. It took me a bit longer because I wasn't. Friends who took breaks are still finishing up Nirnhoned, but that's about it.

People who started later are still working on some of the other traits.

Motifs can be purchased or farmed, so it's a matter of what you have more of, gold or time.
    The Moot Councillor
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    8-9 traits, have everything but Akavari. Lately with siege, repair kits and forward camps my AP stash is crawling. It may be a while before I finish this last one.

I will probably skip the new ones until they are dirt cheap. No more aimless, boring, daily motif grinds, thank you.
  • psygnosi
    psygnosi
    ✭✭
    Have all Motifs but researching 8 and 9th trait. Been crafting for all my toons. The research crawl is maddening!! Lol! Thank goodness Outlaw looks good in light, medium and heavy armor. :smiley:
    Edited by psygnosi on May 23, 2016 3:17AM
    15 CP160+ Characters, Main Master Crafter (9 Trait)All professions/motif/styles.
    PC NA Champion Rank: 531+(Currently 666)
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8-9 traits in all, still working on motifs. I have all the single book ones except Imperial, and as for the page-by-page ones they vary between being fully completed to being fully incomplete (Akaviri, of course).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only researched Nirnhoned for staffs, swords & dresses :P I might re-think after DB DLC if nirnhoned is worthwhile. I have at least 8 traits in everything else.

For motifs... I will never get Glass. I have no Trinimac, AD or DC motifs. I only have 3 pact pages .... so very disappointed in this... I have done at least 12 Cyrodiil treasure chests & only got 3 pact pages. I would buy them but they are still too expensive for me. I have all the other motifs.

I made a resto staff using the Pact motif (it looks awesome!) & realised that every single piece I make with the pact motif will cost me 10,000AP for the style material. A full set of armour & weapons would be 100k AP just for the style materials! 100k AP...for 10 dragon poops! :(

NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Had 9 traits for a while had all motifs week after the launch of the new motifs
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not trying to get 9 traits learned,nor have all motifs learned.Maybe I will eventually,but I only have a few traits learned,and all the main motifs and a few exotic ones.I dont plan on buying those from the crown store just for achievements,..though I love my achievements. :)
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My main crafter is broke every three months because of ZOS. Worth it
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Getting to 9 traits for some items (blacksmithing) is a goal for me, getting all motifs isn't. I generally only learn motifs that I'm interested in using.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Jimbullbee85
      Jimbullbee85
      ✭✭✭✭
      Since I'm not an achievement hunter I only seek the crafting motifs that I like the look of. I've only been playing the game since Xmas so haven't managed to research everything yet. At the moment I don't see a benefit to having all nine traits researched. There arent any crafting sets above 6 traits except kagrenaks that I want. That might change though and is the only reason I'm still researching. Even the players I craft for only ever want Julianos and hundings.
      Edited by Jimbullbee85 on May 23, 2016 7:25AM
      Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    • Kathrein
      Kathrein
      ✭✭✭
      I don't really like Akaviri and i can't farm Daggerfall and Aldmeri motifs :(
    • lardvader
      lardvader
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Woodworking finnished and working on the 8th trait (some 9) for the others. Still 3 months left with research and about time to start working for the Akaviri. Well need to level my AW skills with 7 chars anyway...

Of all the silly things that gets added to the crown store - Akaviri would not be one of them.... (yes please add it to CS :smile: )
      CP 1200+ PC EU EP
    • Tommy1979AtWar
      Tommy1979AtWar
      ✭✭✭✭
      I could have been a master crafter... but I took a glass arrow to the knee in the crown store a week after its release.

Didn't see the point in trying to earn anything after that.
    • daemonios
      daemonios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Only missing Akaviri and faction styles (have most of my own faction).