The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Can't get passed wailing prison

EvilKiwi
EvilKiwi
✭✭✭
I just recently brought eso for PS4 and I can't get passed wailing prison. I can get to the load screen to go to Glenumbra but then I get kicked out and get a error saying cannot connect check internet connection. I know its not my connection. Anyone have any tips on how to fix this?
Edited by EvilKiwi on May 7, 2016 2:55AM
No Lollygagging.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the PS4 but on the PC there's basically a rotating list of server IPs that the game uses.

Sometimes the server the game is trying to connect to isn't available and it will give you that error message. On the PC, if you shut down the game and launcher for an hour or so, it will usually try another IP from the rotation (if you restart too quick, it'll try the same one that's not working).

So basically, do something else for a couple of hours and try again.
    dry.gif

PS: On the PC, you can figure out what IP isn't working and setup a local redirect to a know to be working IP but i doubt you have that option on the PS4.
  • TheSpin
    TheSpin
    ✭✭✭
    I do not know if this is related, but I recently moved and my new internet connection was setup with Ipv6 DS-Lite technology. I live in Germany and this is the only type of internet my cable company now provides to new private customers.

I was not able to play online games on my ps4 using this internet connection, and I ultimately had to sign up for a business account in order to have an ipv4 setup, without the ds-lite.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheSpin wrote: »
    I do not know if this is related, but I recently moved and my new internet connection was setup with Ipv6 DS-Lite technology. I live in Germany and this is the only type of internet my cable company now provides to new private customers.
    Yieks ...
    blink.gif