Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Citrine Scandal!!

Hutch679
Hutch679
✭✭✭✭✭
BE CAREFUL FRIENDS! My buddy received an in game mail from someone with a Cod for 25k gold for 4 citrine. Citrine look almost identical to tempering alloy. He did not fall for it but almost took the mail because on Xbox one tempering alloy go for about 10k each on NA servers. Just giving the community a heads up. Dirty players out there....
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow that's really clever. Except that everyone will know you as a scammer in a few weeks.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I thought it was pretty crappy for real. He was on his friends list too which made him almost take it because he would be doing a favor. People are sketchy.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit never carries so much coin on her person. Always a good idea to keep your coin in the bank where it cannot be used for random CoD mails and also cannot all be spent in one night on sweet sweet sugar. Oh a hungry week followed that Saturday night!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P. 's. Everyone share this with you guilds and friends so people are aware. I hate to see people that spend a lot of time farming get scammed because I know I wouldn't want it to happen to me.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    are people really STILL falling for this? I thought everyone knew not to trust anyone selling "tempering alloys" There will always be self-centered schemers out there, you just have to watch out for yourself. It is pathetic that people screw over other people in a video game. I even blocked one of my "friends" about 4 months ago for doing this to other players
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or, you know, ZOS could put that art design department to a use other than re-skinning existing mounts to sell for a bajilllion crowns on the cash shop, and actually create unique icons for all the materials instead of just reusing them all over the place...
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_RichLambert

This is the exact reason that materials used to make items should have their OWN distinct look. To have a simple Citrine look exactly the same as a Temper Alloy just promotes scammers. A VERY SIMPLE fix for this would be to change the appearance of the Citrine tot he one below. It's a perfect picture for it and in no way would every be mistaken for a Temper alloy.

http://www.abshireandhaylan.com/wp-content/uploads/citrine.png
    NA Server - Kildair
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delete
    Edited by FLuFFyxMuFFiN on May 6, 2016 2:08PM
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ooooh thanks for the idea! Time to make some money!
  • Megalex1
    Megalex1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please. A new icon for citrine so I don't have to rage at the hireling when he brings them to me every day
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Citrine/Tempering Alloy is not the only icon, there is also the one for Rosin that looks like a Turpen just with a little darker shade.

Rings and armor sets of various levels that are sold also carry the same icons, so unless you look at the individual items, you might end up with a v1 willpower ring instead of a v16.

A general self-rule would be to always look at the items you want to buy, before you close a deal and take screenshots of the player name + conversation and items - if he/she cheats, then report and show screenshot as evidence.
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    citrine and alloy look nothing alike

and im color blind
    Edited by sirrmattus on May 6, 2016 2:25PM
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • vontariel
    vontariel
    ✭✭✭
    It's bad when someone got scammed, but 9/10 scammed people are victims because greed blinds them.
    I don't want to sound like I'm justifying scamming, but double checking what are you buying (especially when price is TOO good) is quite easy countermeasure to protect your gold.
    Edited by vontariel on May 6, 2016 2:33PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I get Hireling mails, I have to look twice at the Citrine to make sure it is not a Tempering Alloy. I have at times gotten mails that have both a Citrine and an Alloy, and they look more alike than different.
    Edited by Nestor on May 6, 2016 3:26PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hahahaha
    hahahahahahahaha
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

i'm sorry what were we talking about again?
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 152+ Citrine Tempering Alloy in the bank, OP.

Pay me. $1.2mil and it can all be yours!

/joke.

:D

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    citrine and alloy look nothing alike

and im color blind

I can't post pics from the actual game since I'm at work so I will post pics of what the ESO Wiki shows. IF Nothing has changed with those looks below in game, then you may need to get your eyes checked for either glasses or a more up to date set of them.

Citrine - http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Citrine

Tempering Alloy - http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Tempering+Alloy
    NA Server - Kildair
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened a lot in early access.
  • istateres
    istateres
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too obvious, a better scam would be to send one of each gold temper (replacing Tempering Alloy with Citrine). Offer a good price for (but more than the value of the two actual golf items) them. It works 80% of the time, er I mean it WOULD work 80% of the time. :)
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    istateres wrote: »
    Too obvious, a better scam would be to send one of each gold temper (replacing Tempering Alloy with Citrine). Offer a good price for (but more than the value of the two actual golf items) them. It works 80% of the time, er I mean it WOULD work 80% of the time. :)

Let me guess, you also throw in nine iron too? :p