The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

BUG - Retreating Maneuver

baratron
baratron
✭✭✭✭✭
I have experienced odd problems with Retreating Maneuver ever since the Thieves Guild patch. Sometimes it refuses to cast even though I have enough Stamina. A friend suggested that the bug might occur if I am targeting an NPC while trying to cast Retreating Maneuver, so I have been trying to ensure that my reticle isn't positioned over any other characters... however, sometimes it still fails for no reason that I can see.

Now on PTS, I've found out why.
oAWcp.jpg
Apparently, Retreating Maneuver is now an attack, and I can't use it if my reticle is over an NPC or another player character because I have the "prevent attacking innocents" option turned on.

Uhh...?
Edited by baratron on April 30, 2016 7:11AM
Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been playing about a year... It has always been this way for me, same with Cloak on NB...
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    It has been like this for a long time. Took me a long while to figure it out too...I thought it was a problem with one of my crafter characters. It was, in a way. I had prevent attacking innocents turned on, and he was parked in a town, so every time an innocent was targeted, the ability would not trigger. I have seen this happen with abilities like cloak as well.

My suggestion is shift your point of view quickly up to the sky and trigger rapids then if you want to keep prevent attacking innocents turned on and use rapids.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This definitely isn't the only issue with Retreating Maneuver because it sometimes fails to fire in Cyrodiil. Unless your mount counts as an "innocent"? I'm not aware of the ability failing except when mounted, unless I'm in a crowded area and my reticle/cursor is very obviously over an NPC or another player character.

Problem is, I find it hard to aim into the sky when riding! It's quicker to simply dismount. A pain though, since Retreating Maneuver is supposed to work while mounted.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 2200+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1700+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50
    Jadisa al-Belkarth - Redguard Arcanist looking for a role

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50