The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox yearly ESO plus rewards?

Chapmaaaan
Chapmaaaan
✭✭
are we ever going to get any reward for being loyal for a year? it seems a bit unfair that PC got that jesters outfit, but we get nothing. I want that cool jester outfit :(
Turmoil
previous gamertag - DanielChapman89
  • MaddPowered
    MaddPowered
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean you guys do not pay monthly for the game like we did. ESO plus is optional and i do not think you should get rewards for it. For us we were kind of forced to pay so i think it is only fair
    World's First Planesbreaker
    World's First Bugged Planesbreaker
    World's First Dawnbringer
    World's Third Godslayer
    World's Second Immortal Redeemer
    World's Third Gryphon Heart

Top scores :
    vAA - 4D (PC NA) - 154,068 - 8:31 Greymoor
    vSO - 4D (PC NA) - 180,238 - 11:28 Greymoor
    vHRC - 4D (PC NA) - 163,258 - 8:28 Greymoor
    vMOL - Calamity (PC NA) - 174,680 - 9:42 Stonethorn
    vHOF - 4D (PC NA) - 232,362 - 14:11 Greymoor
    vAS - 4D (PC NA) - 117,014 - 2:41 Stonethorn
    vCR - Calamity (PC NA) - 136,091 - 3:45 Stonethorn
    vSS - 4D (PC NA) - 255,552 - 21:34 Greymoor
    vKA - 4D (PC NA) - 247,292 - 16:19 Greymoor
    vRG - Calamity (PC NA) - 301,438 - 24:21 Blackwood
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would be nice to introduce some ESO+ loyalty rewards. They have introduced loyalty rewards with the DLC, but anyone who purchases the DLC gets them as well.

I'm not an ESO+ member any longer, so I'm not advocating for myself. However, like MaddPowered mentioned, the PC loyalty rewards are a bit different, since you had to pay in order to play, so remaining loyal was a bigger deal than it is now, since you don't have to be an ESO+ member to play. That said, perhaps it's more loyal to subscribe now when you don't have to.

But, it could lead to controversy, since many players are loyal but don't subscribe. They choose to buy all the DLC and purchase other items in the Crown Store, so they spend a lot of money on the game as well.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd actually argue that maintaining a subscription is more a sign of loyalty and more deserving of an extra thank you now than when it was mandatory.

Before it wasn't really a choice, if you wanted to play the game you had to subscribe. End of discussion.

Now you can play the entire game those people got for their sub fees without ever paying anything beyond the initial cost of the game. You only have to pay extra if you want DLC and/or crown store items and unless you're buying everything it's generally cheaper to buy crown packs than to subscribe. So many of the people who do subscribe are paying far more than they actually need to for this game. (How many times have you heard "I sub out of loyalty/to show my support" and "Well I have loads of spare crowns from my sub so I'll definitely get this"?)

I think it would be nice if ZOS brought back the loyalty rewards. The tricky part would be whether to count from day 1 of PC release, from the start of Tamriel Unlimited or from the console release, or just start it from the day the system is introduced and not count any time spent subbed before then.

(BTW I do not and have never had a sub, unless you count the 30 days I got free when I bought the game, which ran out about 3 days after the switch to buy-to-play. This may be an added incentive, depending on what the rewards are, but it's certainly not just me saying I think I should be entitled to some free stuff.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Chapmaaaan
    Chapmaaaan
    ✭✭
    I mean you guys do not pay monthly for the game like we did. ESO plus is optional and i do not think you should get rewards for it. For us we were kind of forced to pay so i think it is only fair

well that's not exactly fair because we never had that opportunity on console. I'm pretty sure a lot of people would still pay monthly if they had too.
    Turmoil
    previous gamertag - DanielChapman89
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a point but console players were forced to wait a year for the game to be released on console so I personally think it balances out for those who play console and have ESO+