Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should the healing of crit surge be buffed?

pinchedrug00
My crit heals from this are so bad it makes 2h almost a must for stam sorcs. I know most people use a 2h but buffing the heal of this would give not only stam sorc but also magic sorc more options for healing
Edited by pinchedrug00 on April 30, 2016 9:06PM

Should the healing of crit surge be buffed? 20 votes

yes
35%
DDemonsocks567SylvisDjKahunTreniaFallen_Raypinchedrug00 7 votes
no
60%
MojmirBirdovicdsa.adab16_ESOtherrieurEdziuSantaOrcErralnAtraisMachinaDalsinthusdday3sixSerenityxSTEVIL 12 votes
i don't know and i don't care
5%
MilwaukeeScott 1 vote
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    no
    Maybe you are just not doing enough critical damage for it to be effective for you. I wouldnt see how because 40-50% heals off of any crit is going to heal you for quite a bit ...
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    no
    My crit heals from this are so bad it makes 2h almost a must for stam sorcs. I know most people use a 2h but buffing the heal of this would give not only stam sorc but also magic sorc more options for healing

My experience has been great with it so i dont think it need a buff. off hand you might want to look at dw after the release if they get their heal. But without any info i would suggest looking at your crit rate and crit damage boosts to see if you need a change. TBS with thief and shadow usually helps surge a lot.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think crit surge needs a direct buff to the % healing done, that is fine as is and any more could break the spell.
    What crit surge needs is to work more reliably, namely heal off DoT ticks so you have some counterplay to blocking and also can use flurry as a major damage ability.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Maybe you are just not doing enough critical damage for it to be effective for you. I wouldnt see how because 40-50% heals off of any crit is going to heal you for quite a bit ...

Do you play PvP at all? Because if you did, you would know that you don't get heals anywhere near that big in PvP. Part of the problem, of course, is Battle Spirit, which cuts everything in half. Power Surge only gives an effective heal of 20% of critical damage, while Critical Surge gives 30%. BUT... that's not even the worst part! Thanks to the Impenetrable trait and the Resistant CP passive, the extra damage from a crit can be completely negated, which makes the Surge heal even smaller.

In practice, I'm lucky to average 500-1000 healing points per second in PvP from Surge. This is not nearly enough.

Edited by Emma_Overload on April 30, 2016 9:52PM
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • pinchedrug00
    yes
    i may end up running the crit damage mundus instead of warrior. My crit on my dw bar is 57% and bow bar 42%
  • pinchedrug00
    yes
    i also already use trap beast which gives me 12% crit damage
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, mainly because you don't have to stop attacking to get your heals. The 1 time cast and you can heal with out breaking pressure. Any stronger it would be op.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remove the CD. :frowning:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no
    No dmg buff needed, just make it work more reliable already x.x