The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

ZOS Please Provide Free Race Change For DK's

Sharkano
Sharkano
✭✭✭✭
Out of nowhere you change their damage skills to poison? After two years? Really? Now my dunmer dk does not get the fire bonus anymore. Why do you do this kind of nonsense irritating b.s.? Very very frustrated . . . .
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They changed 3 active abilities to poison instead of fire and ADDED poison to 2 passives. If you're a magicka DK you wont be affected. If you were running stam, you should have been using a different race to begin with if you were worried about racial passives.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They changed 3 active abilities to poison instead of fire and ADDED poison to 2 passives. If you're a magicka DK you wont be affected. If you were running stam, you should have been using a different race to begin with if you were worried about racial passives.
    Well no, Dunmer Stam Dragonknight is very strong ;)
    #MOREORBS
  • CasNation
    CasNation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, no. Magicka DK was unaffected, and you gained a direct buff now that your class abilities scale with the correct CP star. Live with it. Think of the poor argonians who have nothing, regardless of class changes.
    PC NA AD
    Gamma Fyr: Dunmer Sorcerer Stamina DPS (the Missing Sister...props to those who get the reference)
    Samekh Fyr: Dunmer Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Claire Le'Rouge: Breton Templar Heal/Tank (the Resplendent Bastion)
    Augustus Constantine: Imperial Nightblade PvP (Blackwater Bandit)
    Shadow-of-Sundered-Star: Altmer Dragonknight Lowbie
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharkano wrote: »
    Out of nowhere you change their damage skills to poison? After two years? Really? Now my dunmer dk does not get the fire bonus anymore. Why do you do this kind of nonsense irritating b.s.? Very very frustrated . . . .

Magic DK's are completly unaffected by this change, and Dunmer Stam DK's net an 18% damage increase on class abilities. You do not need a free class change. Dunmer will still be strong for Stam DK's.
  • Sharkano
    Sharkano
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are taking away fire from a class that gets fire bonus on my race, I am affected. Stop with the spin control nonsense. How about we swap all sorc skills to stamina and then see if any high elves have a problem with it after they chose a race with a magic buff. The simple fact is they have zero vision here, and the game's car keys just keep getting handed to the next driver who wants to a go a different direction than the one before, and thus the game zig-zags to XXXXandgone,
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do know that there is fire damage on the other morphs right and before this change you had to spec into elemental damage to get anything out of fire plus thaurmatuge for DoTs.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be thankful you got a buff; you could have an argonian nightblade and a nord dragon knight
  • Tormy
    Tormy
    ✭✭✭
    If anything you're in a better position now because your abilities do more damage and you still get the fire bonus to other skills and wep enchants
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You clearly don't math do you. This change will increase your damage output.
    I have a Breton Sorcerer and his extra Spell Resist racial passive was never really all that useful if I kept a shield up all the time, but I didn't really care about it.
  • dagonbeer
    dagonbeer
    ✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    You clearly don't math do you. This change will increase your damage output.
    I have a Breton Sorcerer and his extra Spell Resist racial passive was never really all that useful if I kept a shield up all the time, but I didn't really care about it.

Those who picked Dunmer Stam DKs either liked the fiery character concept (now pukeknight) or did the math/research and decided that the synergy is strong (was 2nd best race for PvE, now 4th) or both. There's a sense of disappointment whenever a choice that you put effort into becomes moot due to outside forces. So yes, a free race change would be fair, anyone who says otherwise is just gloating from the sidelines because this doesn't affect them (That's the modus operandi here on the forums; see the cloak changes from last patch, ward changes this patch.) It's also the immature reaction to the real fact that most balance changes will end up shafting someone, and most players here have been on the short end of it at some point..

There's 0 chance that you'll receive a free race change so best not to sweat it.

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    Be thankful you got a buff; you could have an argonian nightblade and a nord dragon knight

:'(
    from an argonian nightblade
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Haydenmango
    Haydenmango
    ✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »

:'(
    from a nord dragon knight

Haydenmango V16 Magicka Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact PC/NA

I PvE AND PvP!

I stream on twitch sometimes - https://www.twitch.tv/haydenmango/profile
  • LorDrek
    LorDrek
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Imperial DK stamDPS, Nord DK magTANK
    YDoA CZ/SK Guild
    @LorDrek
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have changed racial passives before and no one got a free race change. ZOS does not retain the personnel to perform quality of life improvements like this. If they attempt it I have no doubt they will end up creating a bug where players will have double racial passives or be unable to log in, or something else equally as special.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about everyone who rolled their main back during launch when race hardly mattered because of softcaps? Times change.
    Edited by staracino_ESO on May 1, 2016 1:08PM
  • Junkogen
    Junkogen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about everyone who rolled their main back during launch when race hardly mattered because of softcaps? Times change.

Right?! Talk about a real screw job. Then they're going to charge probably at least 5000 Crowns for a race change if it ever comes out. If they were decent people they would offer a free race change for all the drastic changes they've made over the last couple years.

Sadly, OP is just another casualty of the bipolar nature of this game. ZOS wants YOU...to reroll and buy Crown Store items.