The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

This DLC is awesome, but...

k9mouse
k9mouse
✭✭✭✭✭
Overall I look forward to the DB DLC, but there are three aspects that I hate with a passion:

1) Showing the @name in the zone -- I want me and everyone else to fit into the world -- everyone looked a NPC. The @name is taking this away.
2) Showing CP total -- This will lead to a more toxic among players.
3) The ugly oversize health bars -- Can't we just have an option to turn those off?? I never played with the health bars on, why am I forced to now? ESO saying, "Play as you want to"

What happen to the idea of a min UI?
Edited by k9mouse on April 30, 2016 11:59AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Overall I look forward to the DB DLC, but there are three aspects that I hate with a passion:

1) Showing the @name in the zone -- I want me and everyone else to fit into the world -- everyone looked a NPC. The @name is taking this away.
    2) Showing CP total -- This will lead to a more toxic among players.
    3) The ugly oversize health bars -- Can't we just have an option to turn those off?? I never played with the health bars on, why am I forced to now? ESO saying, "Play as you want to"

What happen to the idea of a min UI?

1) You can turn off the nameplates and Tamriel will return to the nameless world it once was. Yes, people will know your name, but you take care of yourself and let the others take care of themselves.
    2) As long as the Champion System is used to improve characters, we must be able to see Champion Rank, just as we must be able to see Level.
    3) I will agree that the floating health bars need to be reigned in. They are out of control and taking over the world. Eventually, they will eclipse the sun and the world will be plunged into darkness. Well, maybe not that, but yeah, they are big. In the meantime, try the chat bubbles. One look at those and the health bars will seem tiny. Actually, they are tiny compared to the chat bubbles.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night, I looked for a way to turn off the health bars and name plates, but could not find an option to do that.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who else do not like the new block icon on the player chars?
  • KallistaBlackheart
    KallistaBlackheart
    ✭✭✭
    yes on point three. no on point two. as to point one, i agree this can ruin immersion but how can you claim immersion when you have names on any way. i realize this is just my two cents, but just turn off name plates all together. i know this is how i will play. i already turn off names etc.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Last night, I looked for a way to turn off the health bars and name plates, but could not find an option to do that.

@k9mouse you go to nameplates and switch on to off. I don't recall where the health bar option is.. But it's in the same place as live. You can definitely turn them off, maybe just look through all the settings again.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I plan on turning nameplates off. It ruins my immersion but I can see why others would want it. Im glad they gave the option to turn em off tho.