The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Faso)- My Thoughts (PVP Sorcerer Dark Brotherhood patch and General Game Discussion)

Fasoo
Fasoo
✭✭✭✭
Hello, not sure how many people know me but I play as a sorc named Faso (Formerly Kvothe) as well as toons named Fas, Navia, Emperor Stark, and other low level characters. I've been playing for around 2 years now and many in the Dreadlords EP Guild knows me as I have met many of the great people through my time playing within the guild.

This isn't a farewell post but a post to simply point out my frustrations with this game and the upcoming changes as well as what I think this game will become.

Dark Brotherhood changes- To start out I'd like to preface by saying nearly all the time I PVP I exclusively do so on a Magicka Sorc. I consider myself to be one of the better solo players within the NA server and have played this game alot to achieve skill, which many claim to be only due to the "OP" ness of a Magicka Sorc. That is not the case at all and I want to talk about the changes they have made to Sorc as well as the other changes Zenimax has made that indirectly nerf sorc in its own way.
To start out, I'd like to point out not only are there already blanket "fixes" to sorc in the way of Shieldbreaker and CP passives (awful "fixes") they now have made a uptime for an ability go from 20 seconds to 6 SECONDS. Sorcs already will have magicka issues unless they sacrifice a heavy amount of dmg to achieve a high recovery stat, and when they do that they can simply only sit and cast a shield until they run out of stamina and get killed. A 6 second uptime is asking to be constantly re applying shields to stay alive . even further increasing the "shield spamming" meta that many already think is silly. Not only do you do this, but with the exponential increase cost of streak and snaring by nearly every ability in the game, you make us sitting ducks. the encounter will come down to stacking shields, getting hit over and over, having to re apply due to the 6 second time, constantly re applying, maybe a streak or two (don't forget that increased cost) and then magicka runs out and you die, with no time for offense due to constant application of shields. Many of you will say "but wait faso you can just get good and stop shield stacking!") that's all well and good but when a sorc has the resistances of a paper bag from dairy queen, no self healing minus a crit chance surge, a severely hindered mobility ability, there's not much you can do without resorting to using shields, which are quite literally implemented into the sorc class.
Not many of you are duelists, this is not specifically a solo game, but if you have ever played against a very good stam build this patch, it is extremely challenging and more often than not the stamina player is the stronger spec of the two. dueling someone extremely well versed in stam this patch (yoyuyi, kodi, many others) takes a sorc of equally high game skill and it is merely a matter of who makes the first misclick or mis manages stam. It is not the "sorc wipes the floor on everything" meta that many casuals think it is. People who don't play sorc don't understand the nuances that come into the class and the people that re roll to sorc thinking it will be easy mode will get swatted to the ground in nearly every encounter they go into in pvp. The players that cause the outcry of "NERF SORC" are the ones who play the class exclusively and have done so for a very long time. The same goes with every other class, there are very good nearly unkillable dk's, nightblades who seem to be able to kill you in 1 hit, templars who zip around (stamina) and ones who can outheal anything(magicka). It is merely a matter of perspective and the dislike that sorc has caused is due to skill and not that they are "OP".

possible fixes I'd be okay with(And/Or) : Give us more mobility (un nerf streak, buff Ball of Lightning)- Give us an actual class heal- make our resistances on par with other classes- give us a dps spammable ability-

Summary- ZOS is nerfing shield defense while buffing stam, without the introduction of any other viable defense when top tier stamina is already nearly equal if not better than a magicka sorcerer in this current patch. Give us Sorcs something to work with because right now we have gotten the *** end of the gameplay changes within Dark Brotherhood and you developers at Zenimax seem to have no idea how to fix things without breaking something else.

General Thoughts- Your April fools patch notes were funny but it goes to show you know what the issues are and choose to merely do nothing about it and continue to add blanket fixes and add silly things such as hats to the crown store (which look like *** by the way). Stop diverting money and resources to things that give you money up front and fix the issues with the game and more players will be willing to spend money, to play, and to stay with the game and the community. This game for me has merely become something I play until something better comes out. I understand this isn't merely a solo game, it's AvA, but you are completely alienating a huge part of your community with these last couple patches, pretty much since 1.6. I won't be playing this game until major fixes to pvp come into place and barring that will be checking out the arenas and battlegrounds you have promised us at the end of this year, which most likely won't be delivered to us on time or if at all. This game is dying and needs to be looked at very hard by the developer team for what they want the future of this game to be. It's been a blast playing this the past nearly 2 years but I can't continue to force myself to enjoy a game that has these types of issues, even despite the amazing community within it.

Thank you for the read - Fas
Edited by Fasoo on April 26, 2016 1:31PM
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the time when you are fighting any decent player, you have to refresh your shields every 6 seconds anyway. No other class has the ability to put up any type of defense and walk around almost unstoppable against a burst damage you don't see coming for 20 seconds. I think the changes are good, but I do however think that it could have been done a lot better. For me, who has a sorc and plays it, I can say sorc is ridiculously easy, and this will just increase the skill gap it takes to play sorc because you have to be more vigilant to your shields instead of just warding up, sitting in you mines, and blasting away at anything that dares to fight you.
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the huge buff to harness magicka, stopping physical attacks now. Also, on my sorc with 2k regen, 3k+ spell dmg, and 35k magicka, I have no problems spamming shields all day.
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    BurritoESO wrote: »
    Not to mention the huge buff to harness magicka, stopping physical attacks now. Also, on my sorc with 2k regen, 3k+ spell dmg, and 35k magicka, I have no problems spamming shields all day.

35k magicka? that's pretty low. I push about 45k, and my sustain isn't great. I can't literally just spam a shield "all day" it involves alot more and I will eventually run out, with 6 second uptime I will have to change to more sustain while sacrificing all offense and having to "spam" shields even more therefore less time for combo. a sorc combo takes time to setup and having to re weave every 6 seconds will prove to be very challenging and completely ruin solo play for sorcerer.
  • BurritoESO
    BurritoESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs will have to adjust their builds, just like everyone else has done and everyone will do for this patch. You won't be able to stack 45k mag and large amounts of spell damage anymore, and its a good thing this is happening. When fighting any opponent who knows what they are doing/ fighting outnumbered, every other class has to hit a heal or some kind of defense at least once every six seconds. Sorcs are just going to have to learn to be more careful with their defence like everyone else has done. All a sorc combo is curse, crystal frags, and crushing shock spam inbetween, with an ultimate if you have it up. All of this probably takes AT MOST 4 seconds to complete with animation cancelling, and that's being generous. Sneaking combos inbetween shields shouldn't be too much of an issue
    Edited by BurritoESO on April 26, 2016 4:37PM
  • Lisbette
    Lisbette
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, not sure how many people know me but I play as a sorc named Faso (Formerly Kvothe) as well as toons named Fas, Navia, Emperor Stark, and other low level characters. I've been playing for around 2 years now and many in the Dreadlords EP Guild knows me as I have met many of the great people through my time playing within the guild.

This isn't a farewell post but a post to simply point out my frustrations with this game and the upcoming changes as well as what I think this game will become.

Dark Brotherhood changes- To start out I'd like to preface by saying nearly all the time I PVP I exclusively do so on a Magicka Sorc. I consider myself to be one of the better solo players within the NA server and have played this game alot to achieve skill, which many claim to be only due to the "OP" ness of a Magicka Sorc. That is not the case at all and I want to talk about the changes they have made to Sorc as well as the other changes Zenimax has made that indirectly nerf sorc in its own way.
    To start out, I'd like to point out not only are there already blanket "fixes" to sorc in the way of Shieldbreaker and CP passives (awful "fixes") they now have made a uptime for an ability go from 20 seconds to 6 SECONDS. Sorcs already will have magicka issues unless they sacrifice a heavy amount of dmg to achieve a high recovery stat, and when they do that they can simply only sit and cast a shield until they run out of stamina and get killed. A 6 second uptime is asking to be constantly re applying shields to stay alive . even further increasing the "shield spamming" meta that many already think is silly. Not only do you do this, but with the exponential increase cost of streak and snaring by nearly every ability in the game, you make us sitting ducks. the encounter will come down to stacking shields, getting hit over and over, having to re apply due to the 6 second time, constantly re applying, maybe a streak or two (don't forget that increased cost) and then magicka runs out and you die, with no time for offense due to constant application of shields. Many of you will say "but wait faso you can just get good and stop shield stacking!") that's all well and good but when a sorc has the resistances of a paper bag from dairy queen, no self healing minus a crit chance surge, a severely hindered mobility ability, there's not much you can do without resorting to using shields, which are quite literally implemented into the sorc class.
    Not many of you are duelists, this is not specifically a solo game, but if you have ever played against a very good stam build this patch, it is extremely challenging and more often than not the stamina player is the stronger spec of the two. dueling someone extremely well versed in stam this patch (yoyuyi, kodi, many others) takes a sorc of equally high game skill and it is merely a matter of who makes the first misclick or mis manages stam. It is not the "sorc wipes the floor on everything" meta that many casuals think it is. People who don't play sorc don't understand the nuances that come into the class and the people that re roll to sorc thinking it will be easy mode will get swatted to the ground in nearly every encounter they go into in pvp. The players that cause the outcry of "NERF SORC" are the ones who play the class exclusively and have done so for a very long time. The same goes with every other class, there are very good nearly unkillable dk's, nightblades who seem to be able to kill you in 1 hit, templars who zip around (stamina) and ones who can outheal anything(magicka). It is merely a matter of perspective and the dislike that sorc has caused is due to skill and not that they are "OP".

possible fixes I'd be okay with(And/Or) : Give us more mobility (un nerf streak, buff Ball of Lightning)- Give us an actual class heal- make our resistances on par with other classes- give us a dps spammable ability-

Summary- ZOS is nerfing shield defense while buffing stam, without the introduction of any other viable defense when top tier stamina is already nearly equal if not better than a magicka sorcerer in this current patch. Give us Sorcs something to work with because right now we have gotten the *** end of the gameplay changes within Dark Brotherhood and you developers at Zenimax seem to have no idea how to fix things without breaking something else.

General Thoughts- Your April fools patch notes were funny but it goes to show you know what the issues are and choose to merely do nothing about it and continue to add blanket fixes and add silly things such as hats to the crown store (which look like *** by the way). Stop diverting money and resources to things that give you money up front and fix the issues with the game and more players will be willing to spend money, to play, and to stay with the game and the community. This game for me has merely become something I play until something better comes out. I understand this isn't merely a solo game, it's AvA, but you are completely alienating a huge part of your community with these last couple patches, pretty much since 1.6. I won't be playing this game until major fixes to pvp come into place and barring that will be checking out the arenas and battlegrounds you have promised us at the end of this year, which most likely won't be delivered to us on time or if at all. This game is dying and needs to be looked at very hard by the developer team for what they want the future of this game to be. It's been a blast playing this the past nearly 2 years but I can't continue to force myself to enjoy a game that has these types of issues, even despite the amazing community within it.

Good players adapt, others cry.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://youtu.be/7wfYIMyS_dI&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-Tammy
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so you may have to switch endless fury to your back bar and put a shield on your front bar that you can cancel amidst the hail of crushing shocks, curses and procced frags. Yea that is an immense amount of time hacked off your shields... And people are worried about harness absorbing all damage now... But seriously throw your ward on your front bar, in sticky situations there is not reason you can't bar swap like the rest of us apply harness and healing wars swap back and away with crushing shock you go. Only difference is you're gonna have to pay a little more attention to your shield up keep. Good Sorcs (and I know you are bud I've watched and fought against you) will be fine seeing as the nuances you speak of will just have a little fine tuning, and not 20 sec of impregnable offense without a care in the world except builds with 4k+ wpn dmg, or a group of 4 or more. Worst case you can still chill in mines and that 100k tree shield (@forcesiphon). You guys will be ok.... Just have to be a little bit more judicious.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I burn through a 10k harness in one weave, who in their right mind thinks a shield lasts longer than 6 seconds in combat? Sure you'll be hopping off your mount more when travelling but no shield lasted that long in combat anyways, and if it did; did you really need the shield in the first place? Doesn't seem like you have much incoming damage.

Lets talk sense here, if you're fighting any decent player your shields are not lasting longer than 5 seconds before a refresh. And you can absorb physical damage now! I think overall this is a win, and sorcs will be just as, if not more, tanky than before. Against stam players at the very least.

Edit: You're Fas, I don't need to tell you this, you already know :p One of the best sorcs NA
    Edited by _Chaos on April 26, 2016 6:23PM
    'Chaos
  • Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lisbette wrote: »

Good players adapt, others cry.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://youtu.be/7wfYIMyS_dI&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-Tammy

K...?

• Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok so you may have to switch endless fury to your back bar and put a shield on your front bar that you can cancel amidst the hail of crushing shocks, curses and procced frags. Yea that is an immense amount of time hacked off your shields... And people are worried about harness absorbing all damage now... But seriously throw your ward on your front bar, in sticky situations there is not reason you can't bar swap like the rest of us apply harness and healing wars swap back and away with crushing shock you go. Only difference is you're gonna have to pay a little more attention to your shield up keep. Good Sorcs (and I know you are bud I've watched and fought against you) will be fine seeing as the nuances you speak of will just have a little fine tuning, and not 20 sec of impregnable offense without a care in the world except builds with 4k+ wpn dmg, or a group of 4 or more. Worst case you can still chill in mines and that 100k tree shield (@forcesiphon). You guys will be ok.... Just have to be a little bit more judicious.

Thank you for the kind words. I do see what you're saying.

• Fasoo
    Fasoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »
    I burn through a 10k harness in one weave, who in their right mind thinks a shield lasts longer than 6 seconds in combat? Sure you'll be hopping off your mount more when travelling but no shield lasted that long in combat anyways, and if it did; did you really need the shield in the first place? Doesn't seem like you have much incoming damage.

Lets talk sense here, if you're fighting any decent player your shields are not lasting longer than 5 seconds before a refresh. And you can absorb physical damage now! I think overall this is a win, and sorcs will be just as, if not more, tanky than before. Against stam players at the very least.

Edit: You're Fas, I don't need to tell you this, you already know :p One of the best sorcs NA

I've done some pts testing and I agree as my type of play style it seems to me I come out stronger this patch. I run very good stats and hard to obtain sets do most sorcs will have trouble finding a good medium and will be a lot weaker due to smaller magicka and regen pools. I think it needs a little bit of adjustment but for the most part the good player will stay good. I think the lower tier sorcs will have a lot bigger trouble being successful than a lower tier player of another class. It is what it is I guess.
    Edited by Fasoo on April 26, 2016 6:52PM
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A former ruler of Germany reacts to Dark Brotherhood on YouTube. It's hysterical and painful at the same time.
    Edited by God_flakes on April 26, 2016 7:01PM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    _Chaos wrote: »

^ Yea dude, in practice sorcs got buffed overall with this Annulment change. You might have to slot some impen on your small armor pieces -- I do it on my sorc, and it feels great -- but relax, you'll be fine.
    Edited by KenaPKK on April 26, 2016 7:02PM
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • PrinceFabious
    PrinceFabious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Us NB's had to adjust to the cloak nerfs and magelight buffs. Now stop QQ'ing and l2p. Sorcs NEEDED this for a while.
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Temps need to heal up in a rotation, shields should work the same way. Most good sorcs already refreshed and rotated their shields, I don't see this impacting skillful sorcs too much.

As for the mobility issues, my healer looks at you and scoffs xD ... Permasnared and rooted for all of the TG patch led me to experiment with momentum, and with the buff it just got, it's certainly viable. Slap on a 2h and try it out if you don't want to go with mist form, 8 seconds is a long time for snare immunity, and you get a mediocre HoT for free. You'd have to sacrifice the destro/resto meta though.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Temps need to heal up in a rotation, shields should work the same way. Most good sorcs already refreshed and rotated their shields, I don't see this impacting skillful sorcs too much.

As for the mobility issues, my healer looks at you and scoffs xD ... Permasnared and rooted for all of the TG patch led me to experiment with momentum, and with the buff it just got, it's certainly viable. Slap on a 2h and try it out if you don't want to go with mist form, 8 seconds is a long time for snare immunity, and you get a mediocre HoT for free. You'd have to sacrifice the destro/resto meta though.

Now I know why you were excited for that "hybrid" set lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You're a good sorc Fas, you will adapt and be fine, think of your shields more like Reflective Scales now.
  • Jimbohere
    Jimbohere
    I get what your saying and I agree. My main is a sorc. I think the biggest issue with pvp right now is the pop lock servers by one faction or another. Yes there are players that are rediculiously op but they are few and far between. So instead of fixing the population issue they keep messing with the builds. They add in sets like vicious to break up big zergs but instead all it did was make big zergs stronger. Like I've said before there have been a LOT of posts in the forums asking for help to fix pvp but unfortunately ZOS remains silent. They are completely ignoring a large portion of this games community. I'm like you Fas I pop in from time to time hoping it's going to change. Hoping to see a post from the developers about positive changes to pvp but unfortunately it doesn't come. Won't be long before I shelf this game, cancel my ESO plus and move on. I'm not in the habit of paying for something to just get ignored. It's too bad really cause the concept of the pvp in this game was great but lately it's just turned into who has the biggest zergs 24/7 wins. Take scourge now on NA ps4. Blue pop locked all day and all night. Massive zergs hit you every time you try to push. Both yellow and red outnumbered 3 to 1 and that's competitive pvp lol. What a joke.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »

Forward Momentum is redoculous with 8 secs of immunity. I'm looking at that hybrid set too...
  • Nightenhowl
    Nightenhowl
    ✭✭✭
    you must realize by now ESO is ever changing, you must adapt to survive.
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @x99Needles I feel this thread needs your insight