The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New crafting functionalities (Suggestions)

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I thought about some great functionalities about crafting that could be implemented in-game.

Lvl up gears/weapons :
• You need the same amount of materials as a new item.
• You loose all rarities (color)
• You keep traits and echantments.
Adding trait or changing trait :
• You need half materials of a new item
• Can't do that in dropped items.

Thx

• FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like the sound of every idea to make crafting high level gear more do-able, but i think Zos is going to overhaul the crafting system anytime soon.
  • FerrumnCutem
    FerrumnCutem
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't think*
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, but could be nice. Hate to get fixed lvl items (like special items from quests)... They are all cool, but you never wear them because of the level. If you could at least lvl up the item to the max (related to material)...
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today I unlocked a "Challenge" achievements on Xbox One and the reward is "Thieve Guild" gear. The thing about this is that I don't know if I should take the reward now or wait when I will reach Max level in the game.

I unlocked gears about Aldmeri alliance in the past via "Challenge" achievement, but didn't take the reward yet... Scare to just be able to wear it for one level and after that it will be something from the past...

Maybe special gear should be always the same level as you? Or maybe an upgrade system?