The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Returning Player Looking For Advice

dalelogan14b14_ESO
dalelogan14b14_ESO
Soul Shriven
Hello ESO'ers! I've just recently found myself downloading the game again, and I've really needed some help catching up on things. One of the major additions I first noticed was the addition of Champion Points. I did some research and found out people have hundreds of them, while I'm stuck at like, 15. Was wondering how you exactly obtain these points and if I could still acquire a lot of them despite me being a VR4. Another thing I noticed is that my points were reassigned. I foolishly reassigned them to what I thought I left them at, but wasted money resetting them again. Was there a big combat change that's worth noting? I also noticed that people have uncovered a lot about the combat mechanic. (I found myself almost never completing VR dungeons) Wondering if there's a guide to things like rotations and rolls in dungeons in stuff. I really appreciate the effort in helping me out, and I'm really hoping to make a comeback in this game.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As it stands I believe CP take over when you reach V16 with a character, but those earned CP can then also be used on new nonVet characters as a kind of boost.
    Edited by robwolf666 on April 29, 2016 12:13PM
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Champion Points are earned as you gain experience on any veteran level character, whether its questing, doing dungeons, or killing/grinding mobs etc. The current cap of usable CP is 501. There is a catch-up mechanic in the game now, so since you have 15 CP you should earn them pretty fast compared to someone who has 400. Just do what you would normally do and you will earn CP as you earn experience, though grinding would probably be the fastest way if you are trying to gain them fast. XP potions are craftable and can be found on guild traders that give 50% xp, or XP scrolls are available in the crown store. These can help gain CP faster if that is the goal.

They did tweak the CP allocation options this last patch, so you may need to re-evaluate where you are putting them. For the Blue tree, most magic builds invest in Elemental Expert, and Elfborn. Stamina invests in Mighty, and Precise Strikes. The exception would be if you use alot of damage over time abilities (Like a dragonknight) you may want to invest more into Thaumaturge. Red Tree most split points between Hardy and Elemental Defender. Green Tree you can focus on the options for maintaining Stamina or Magicka depending on your build.

Combat mechanics are very build specific and/or dungeon specific. If you provide more details on your race/class/gear you will be able to find a lot of guides and or advice. Also when it comes to dungeons there are a lot of youtube guides if you search them by name.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did some research and found out people have hundreds of them, while I'm stuck at like, 15. Was wondering how you exactly obtain these points and if I could still acquire a lot of them despite me being a VR4.

Anything that earns you Exp earns you Champ Points. There is a catch up mechanism where you earn them at an accelerated rate for the first 200 to 300 plus (I think the tip over is in high 300's). Anyway, you will pick up 50 to 100 points fairly quickly at the level you are now. I gained from 380 to 470 on the slow part of the curve in just a couple of months of very casual non grindy play. By casual I mean I would log in and fart around in the game world not accomplishing much other than some World Boss Dailies and some Wrothgar content.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"