The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buff/Debuff tips for Stamina Nightblades

IwakuraLain42
IwakuraLain42
✭✭✭✭✭
With the upcoming changes for DB I think that Evil Hunter (which I mainly use for the Major Savagery buff) is no longer effective for PvE play, and none of the new morphs look promising to me. This means I have a buff/debuff slot available but I'm not sure what to use there.

I'm playing a dual DW setup (one bar AoE, one bar Single Target) with the following buffs/debuffs:
* Relentless Focus
* Power Extraction
* Rending Slashes

I was thinking about Piercing Mark, but I'm getting that debuff from the Night Mother set as well.

So any ideas, tipps, etc would be welcome. Like I said this is for PvE play.
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still testing rending,flying blade is decent buff or bone shield for a little shield
    Edited by Mojmir on April 29, 2016 10:55AM
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Get siphoning attacks on your bar if it isn't already.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using either Mirage or Immovable for a shield (depends on the situation), but Siphoning Attacks is actually a good idea, more stamina management is always nice (I'm using that if i'm tanking with her)
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the upcoming changes for DB I think that Evil Hunter (which I mainly use for the Major Savagery buff) is no longer effective for PvE play, and none of the new morphs look promising to me. This means I have a buff/debuff slot available but I'm not sure what to use there.

I'm playing a dual DW setup (one bar AoE, one bar Single Target) with the following buffs/debuffs:
    * Relentless Focus
    * Power Extraction
    * Rending Slashes

I was thinking about Piercing Mark, but I'm getting that debuff from the Night Mother set as well.

So any ideas, tipps, etc would be welcome. Like I said this is for PvE play.

Um, Evil Hunter still offers Major Savagery... so why is it 'no longer effective' if that is what you mainly use it for?!?
    • These abilities will continue illuminate Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves and grant Major Savagery while slotted.
    Edited by ADarklore on April 29, 2016 11:02AM
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Um, Evil Hunter still offers Major Savagery... so why is it 'no longer effective' if that is what you mainly use it for?!?
    These abilities will continue illuminate Undead, Daedra, and Werewolves and grant Major Savagery while slotted.[/list]

Because I can get Major Savagery from a potion, but the (optional) damage buff is gone, so I don't think that worthwhile to spent a place on my bar anymore.

Expert Hunter: Redesigned this ability and its morphs so they no longer grant a small chance to deal additional bonus damage
    Edited by IwakuraLain42 on April 29, 2016 11:08AM
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the damage buff like 4%?
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the damage buff like 4%?

That would be the 'small chance', I think it was 15% against Undead and Daedra though. However, I'd much rather have a passive slotted than having to worry about chugging potions all the time. Would be different if there was a skill I 'couldn't live without' but I find on most builds I typically don't use all 10 skills... so there's always one or two I can live without. Typically I have Evil Hunter slotted on my DW bar to give my Steel Tornado the highest crit chances against mobs.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Night Mother's Gaze and Piercing Mark offer different debuffs.

Night Mother's Gaze doesn't apply Major or Minor Fracture and actually stacks with both of these debuffs.
    Argonian forever
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just slotting evil hunter will give you 3% wpn dmg btw.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Night Mother's Gaze doesn't apply Major or Minor Fracture and actually stacks with both of these debuffs.

Night mother's only debuff physical res, no spell res
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get siphoning attacks on your bar if it isn't already.

This^

You can run with as low as 900-1000 Stamina recovery in PVE just making good use of Siphoning. All the recovery you had on gear/sets can then go to weap damage/stamina/crit
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Night mother's only debuff physical res, no spell res

I know, I only referred to Major and Minor Fracture because those are typically the ones that apply to stamina DPS, which don't necessarily need Major or Minor Breach.
    Argonian forever
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently Power Extraction is going to still deal Magic damage in DB. That could change, but nevertheless Steel Tornado would still out perform it. You can get both Major Savagery and Brutality from pots. I'd personally drop it for something else.

I'd also look into Razor Caltrops and Rearming Trap. If you're going to use Mark, Reaper's Mark is the better morph for PVE as well.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Currently Power Extraction is going to still deal Magic damage in DB.

Give me my AoE Disease/Poison damage move ZOS.
    Idgaf if there are better alternatives to Major Brutality, I just want more poison or disease damage in the game so I can inject everyone with a health dose of lethal love.
    Argonian forever
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP i like to put shades out on my stamina night blade for the major maim