The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are monster sets the best option?

psychotic13
psychotic13
✭✭✭✭✭
As above really, I'm talking end game PvP mostly but for PvE too. I know it depends on what you're trying to do, but sometimes I feel id do better with the 2 pieces as part of another set?

What's your opinions? Thanks!
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They benefit if you know how to use them,never rely on gear though,it should only compliment.
  • Oompuh
    Oompuh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like you said, it depends on what you're trying to do. Don't just look at the 2 piece, they are the only pieces in the game that offer a 1 piece bonus. If you have only 2 pieces open (and you arent completing a set for the 4th or 5th Bonus) a monster set or piece will give you the best for the space you have.

For example. 5 hundings 4 morkuldin and 3 agility is common and well balanced for PVP, but if you use maelstrom weapons 5 hundings, and agility you only have 2 slots left and a monster set or 1 blood spawn 1 kena is best there.
    Xbox NA - Oompa
    Khajiit DK Tank
    Founder of Major Aegis
    Main Tank of Dissonant Crusade Uprising Savages
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I could fit it in I would love to run blood spawn X1 for 126 stam recovery and Molag kena X1 for the weapon and spell damage.

For some reason I can't stay away from 5x clever alchemist and 5x julianos since I tried it so don't have room for a single monster set peice.
    Edited by aLi3nZ on April 29, 2016 7:46AM
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    For some reason I can't stay away from 5x clever alchemist and 5x julianos since I tried it so don't have room for a single monster set peice.

this build right here is the only reason not to run at least 1 kena if not a full monster set. (or 5 hundings if stamina, its very flexible as the jewelry and armor offer the same bonuses whether stamina or magicka, IE: hundings agility vs julianos willpower)

its tricky to use sometimes and requires a restructure of your bars but I found it lets me get away with specific playstyles you cannot find anywhere else.
    Edited by Wing on April 29, 2016 9:20AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your playstyle and what else is available.

2h and bow stam user, one kena or one bloodspawn as well as two piece is no different then some seta you can get. But if you have maelstrom weapons, one kena one bloodspawn goes great with it.

One kena can be good on any build. Destro resto sorc can use it with two torug's for instance.

Then valkyn skoria on an aggressive templar is really nice. I use it alongside 5 vicious death and 5 kagernacs on my templar in pvp. Sweep, Radiant, det, all aedric spear abilities, entropy, ice comet and dawnbreaker all proc it and my bars only have 3 abilities on that don't proc it, so it's constant additional dps.

Engine guardian is OK if you have sustain issue or for no CP campaigns. Nerineths is Probably good on a sorc or magica NB for pledges. One piece bloodspawn is good for any stam build, while the two piece suits a DK a lot. It totally depends on you really.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

this build right here is the only reason not to run at least 1 kena if not a full monster set. (or 5 hundings if stamina, its very flexible as the jewelry and armor offer the same bonuses whether stamina or magicka, IE: hundings agility vs julianos willpower)

its tricky to use sometimes and requires a restructure of your bars but I found it lets me get away with specific playstyles you cannot find anywhere else.

I did run this for a while, but on my sorc with no good spammable I had to lose the DW so wouldn't have enough pieces for both 5pc sets. I guess it would be a lot better on a magblade as they have swallow soul.

What monster set so you recommend for magsorc? I don't have the Kena helm yet so that's not an option, I wish you could get an equivalent to the bloodspawn 1pc with Magicka recovery. Engine guardian isn't as good as it was now, with people using VD it can end up getting you killed.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I could fit it in I would love to run blood spawn X1 for 126 stam recovery and Molag kena X1 for the weapon and spell damage.

How do you run 10 lots of crafted gear? 7 armour slots and 2 weapons... am I missing something here.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How do you run 10 lots of crafted gear? 7 armour slots and 2 weapons... am I missing something here.

Bar swap.
    Using dual wield or 1h+shield and 3 armor pieces of 1 sent with your back bar weapon and 4 armor pieces as the other set. (i.e. 2 Swords, Head, Chest and Legs of Julianos: Inferno Staff, Belt, Shoulders, Gloves and Boots of Alchemist)
    Argonian forever