Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vampire Question?

IdesofMarch2
IdesofMarch2
✭✭
I'm currently rolling a magicka nb. And I was toying with the idea of making her a vampire. I'm just gonna buy it if I do. Is it worth getting. Are there advantages that would be beneficial? I know fire is a problem. I'm a high elf. I'm kinda role playing as well with my character. But I also do t want to regret it.
Runs with the A.D.
Xbox One
PC N/A
Magicka Sorc
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it's good . The speed bonus in stealth , the stun from feeding and the mist form to escape are all great . Also bat swarm ultimate is fantastic .
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Ok sounds like it's a good idea. Do you have to feed or you die? Or is it just if you want too
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the vampire passives you get up to 33% reduction on damage when under 50% hp. You also get nerfed-nerf fire resistance so it only is 20 or 25% resistance decrease to fire. Which can be made up with Champion Points.

Feeding is an unreasonable thing to do in ESO imo. If the stages would take longer to progress perhaps it would be viable. But really feeding just helps you level it up.
    Master Debater
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently rolling a magicka nb. And I was toying with the idea of making her a vampire. I'm just gonna buy it if I do. Is it worth getting. Are there advantages that would be beneficial? I know fire is a problem. I'm a high elf. I'm kinda role playing as well with my character. But I also do t want to regret it.

Roleplay is always a noble aspiration, something i think needs more public attention.

As for roleplay, when it comes to community events for most rp sites and communities, others will usually refuse to call you out on your vampirism unless you give your permission to do so, a good thing considering some like to rp as different bloodlines or clans.

now, as from a pve perspective, currently its a tad drab, though if the DB changes happen you may be happier or angrier, depending on your opinion, check the pts patch notes for details

now, most of what i can tell you depends on your playstyle, i can help if you elaborate a bit more on how you are planning to spec your character, rp and pve

• IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭

Roleplay is always a noble aspiration, something i think needs more public attention.

As for roleplay, when it comes to community events for most rp sites and communities, others will usually refuse to call you out on your vampirism unless you give your permission to do so, a good thing considering some like to rp as different bloodlines or clans.

now, as from a pve perspective, currently its a tad drab, though if the DB changes happen you may be happier or angrier, depending on your opinion, check the pts patch notes for details

now, most of what i can tell you depends on your playstyle, i can help if you elaborate a bit more on how you are planning to spec your character, rp and pve

My plays type is mostly dps but with what I want to do with the Resto maybe get a heal too. I'm still figuring this magblade out to be honest. The role play is from a character on a show I watch. I haven't added cp points yet either deciding where to put them. I'm also trying to figure out what to use for my main bar destro, DW or 2h. My other character is a vet 7 magicka sorc so I'm used to having shields which the nb doesn't have. But I do want a range weapon too.
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It might help if you tell me the show and character you are hoping to emulate

When it comes to duel wield, these should be takin only as a way to buff your sets, i think, if you are going pure mag rather than hybrid, as all those skills scale and use off stamina, so if you can craft a pair of DW in a set, it might help your build

from a pure dps perspective, Destro is a good idea, now i cant speak much for NB's, but my sorcs use force pulse to great dps effect, spammable with a good deal dps to the skill.

Mag classes benifit most from the staves, but when using purely class skills, other weapons, DW or shield are important for the set bonuses, at least in my opinion.

These are just my opinions, but its good to get a few more people to comment about it, see diff perspectives
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭

When it comes to duel wield, these should be takin only as a way to buff your sets, i think, if you are going pure mag rather than hybrid, as all those skills scale and use off stamina, so if you can craft a pair of DW in a set, it might help your build

from a pure dps perspective, Destro is a good idea, now i cant speak much for NB's, but my sorcs use force pulse to great dps effect, spammable with a good deal dps to the skill.

Mag classes benifit most from the staves, but when using purely class skills, other weapons, DW or shield are important for the set bonuses, at least in my opinion.

These are just my opinions, but its good to get a few more people to comment about it, see diff perspectives

The show is Arrow, character is Nyssa, she is an assassin. But she uses a bow and sword. I think I am going to use a destro staff or sword and board. I was watching a deltia vid and he made some good points.

So what's your opinion of going Vampire?
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The show is Arrow, character is Nyssa, she is an assassin. But she uses a bow and sword. I think I am going to use a destro staff or sword and board. I was watching a deltia vid and he made some good points.

So what's your opinion of going Vampire?

after DB launches, you may have to change up a few things, again refer to pts, but overall vampire is a decent choice for those who wish to be assassin/stealthy characters in my opinion, you will have to compensate for the fire weakness, after DB you may still have to, depending on if you enjoy the dark stalker perk, but that extra speed without the need to use the gear set is a nice bonus,

After DB all the fighters guild skills wont hit vamps as hard so pvp wise you are golden, pve though you may need to feed a bit more often before going into a area filled with pyromancers, otherwise so long as you avoid fire, its a good choice.

just my opinion though, as i said my knowledge of NB's is limited
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the help man I appreciate it
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the new DLC hitting soon you will not want to feed,
    you will want to remain in stage 4 vamp as that is when most of the passives give you the most.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently, no, not on a magica NB. You move quick enough in stealth, have cloak and shadow image for escape and tether is a better ultimate than bats.

Next patch, when you won't need the skills slotted for regen and dawnbreaker isn't going to melt you... probably worth it then.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    With the new DLC hitting soon you will not want to feed,
    you will want to remain in stage 4 vamp as that is when most of the passives give you the most.

No. You will want to maintain stage 2 or 3 for dungeons. Stage 4 passives are not combat skills.
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I found being a vamp a bit of a pain so got myself cured, but that's just me. I would like to add that the quest to become vampire is very easy and loads of people give away free bites so think hard before parting with real money for it.
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Ok. I hear ya. Where would the quest be for AD?
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. I hear ya. Where would the quest be for AD?

Rawl'ka in reapers march i think, that is after you get bit, some npc i think will be named volundril, or somethign simular, will show up, who is obviously a vampire from his appearence
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks for the help. I guess I'll just hold onto my crowns then
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just go to your factions vampire shrine go AFK and you will get it free no need for crowns
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • IdesofMarch2
    IdesofMarch2
    ✭✭
    Ok thank you!!
    Runs with the A.D.
    Xbox One
    PC N/A
    Magicka Sorc