Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alchemy Leveling

G0DS_DEMON
G0DS_DEMON
✭✭
I was just wondering if there is a quick method to leveling up Alchemy ?? I have maxed out blacksmithing, clothing, enchanting, and woodworking on 1 character. Never got around to Alchemy.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a load of two regents and a few of the others and something 40 solvents at each level. Just craft away.

Follow a guide online to make sure you're using the correct regents though as using incorrect ones will just destroy them
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G0DS_DEMON wrote: »
    I was just wondering if there is a quick method to leveling up Alchemy ?? I have maxed out blacksmithing, clothing, enchanting, and woodworking on 1 character. Never got around to Alchemy.

You can level Alchemy to 50 in less than an hour, faster than Provisioning even (it seems like anyway). There really is no need to grind it up unless your making end game potions, it will outlevel your character if you make potions with the stuff you find along the way in the game.

Use the highest level Solvents you can unlock.
    Use Mushrooms (except Namira's Rot) to make negative effect potions (saves the good reagents and mushrooms are cheap)

Sell what you make to NPC Vendors.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• G0DS_DEMON
    G0DS_DEMON
    ✭✭
    Ok... Thank you all for the advice...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, learning new effects gives a nice inspiration boost. Some say to save that until later levels of enchanting, I don't know if it is all that important while leveling when you learn new effects (as the skill levels up so fast anyway)

• SantaOrc
    SantaOrc
    ✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by SantaOrc on April 27, 2016 3:34PM
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Players seem to leave a lot of reagents like wormwood, lady's smock, blessed thistle, and dragonthorne unharvested. I usually collect a lot of these in addition to mushrooms when I level alchemy. You can actually make some useful potions, though they are not commonly used in game. This gives you a few more options for crafting. It doesn't matter what you make, since it;s not worth the waste of good mats to make lower level potions for use in game. The unusable potions can be sold to NPC vendors for a bit of gold.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • G0DS_DEMON
    G0DS_DEMON
    ✭✭
    So me being at a level 7 alchemy, I should make veteran level potions to level up fast ?? Does it matter if I just make all the same high level potion to level up quickly ??
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    G0DS_DEMON wrote: »
    So me being at a level 7 alchemy, I should make veteran level potions to level up fast ?? Does it matter if I just make all the same high level potion to level up quickly ??

Well, you can't make Vet Potions at Alchemy 7, you still need to unlock the Solvents, and that requires leveling the skill. Your going to have to make L10 potions, then L20, then L30 etc. It will take about 40 to 50 at each level to gain enough to be able to unlock the next solvent.

So, make sure you have the materials you need on hand before you start the whole process. When I said you can level Alchemy in an hour, 45 minutes of that hour is buying the Solvents and Reagents you need in the Guild Stores.

• G0DS_DEMON
    G0DS_DEMON
    ✭✭
    I have no problem buying what I need...
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure how you managed to level enchanting but skipped alchemy - behind provisioning it is the easiest craft to level up.

Put skill points into it so you can use the highest level solvents you have as you progress and if need be, buy them. You will take forever if you are alchemy level 30 making level 3 potions. You also only need to use two reagents for each potion when leveling - using 3 is a waste of resources for little or no gain. There is no real benefit in putting a skill point in to use 3 reagents.

If you want to try and get some gold back and have the points, put them into the line where you can create 2, 3 and then 4 of each potion with 1 set of ingredients so you can sell them and get some of your expenses back. This last one goes for provisioning as well.
    Edited by disintegr8 on April 28, 2016 3:55AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.