The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nirnhoned trait for destruction staff - DB patch

Minalan
Minalan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Am I reading this right, and Nirnhoned will just be weapon damage? No more spell penetration and resistance stats?

If that's the case, is sharpened the way to go on a fire staff? Weapon damage would increase what light and heavy attacks do, but penetration is a better stat for PVP no?

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Am I reading this right, and Nirnhoned will just be weapon damage? No more spell penetration and resistance stats?

If that's the case, is sharpened the way to go on a fire staff? Weapon damage would increase what light and heavy attacks do, but penetration is a better stat for PVP no?

It'll increase the base dmg of the weapon if i believe it to be right.

So a gold v16 won't be 13XX dmg anymore with nirn it'll be higher which will increase both spell and wpn dmg.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks like a continuation in the effort to water down penetration builds. My guess is that the overall effect will be a net loss in damage.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Someone did the math in PTS here, it has all of the math, charts, and graphs.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262295/nirnhoned-precise-and-sharpened#latest

Sharpened will be best damage increase for PVP and bosses, though it may be a waste on adds.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    With Thaumaturge becoming significantly weaker (even useless for some builds), you'll probably be splitting champion points between Elfborn and Erosion. Making Nirnhoned a good damage increase.