Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

class to pick?

lucky_Sage
lucky_Sage
✭✭✭✭✭
ive taken a break from eso and I'm coming back when vet ranks are gone and I want to play a range magick build for pvp and pve but mostly pvp so a should be a range mag NB or a sorc
DC PC NA
Magdk - main
Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
magdk
magblade
stamplar
magden
magsorc

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It depends on what playstyle you want. Both are equally viable in PvE and PvP.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on April 27, 2016 10:43AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    decent mobility with good sustain and I want to be range I don't enjoy melee much
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    decent mobility with good sustain and I want to be range I don't enjoy melee much
    Again, it depends on what playstyle you want as they both offer decent mobility with good sustain and range.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on April 27, 2016 10:46AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, it depends on what playstyle you want as they both offer decent mobility with good sustain and range.
    I know what moves they both have so what's the big difference in there play style

DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what moves they both have so what's the big difference in there play style
    There isn't a defined difference in playstyle between the classes as they can be played all sorts of ways, including largely the same. The difference depends on your build and the playstyle which you want to adopt.

YouTube some gameplay videos and Google some builds to get an idea of the sort of playstyle you want.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on April 27, 2016 10:56AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isn't a defined difference in playstyle between the classes as they can be played all sorts of ways, including largely the same. The difference depends on your build and the playstyle which you want to adopt.

YouTube some gameplay videos and Google some builds to get an idea of the sort of playstyle you want.
    what class seems to have more options cause most sorcs builds seem very similar but I think I'm leaning towards a sorc

Edited by lucky_Sage on April 27, 2016 12:03PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what class seems to have more options cause most sorcs builds seem very similar but I think I'm leaning towards a sorc

Sorc are getting a nerf, they were OP like always but not in DB.( PvP only)

So, play a NB. You won't regret it.....
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More options for what?

Both classes can do the below without losing mobility, sustain and range:
    - use Resto, Destro and DW
    - be Tanky,
    - Heal (group and self)
    - DPS

There really are so many options. If YouTube and builds didn't help you then look at the class skills and see what appeals to you.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on April 27, 2016 12:14PM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More options for what?

- be Tanky,
    - Heal (group and self)
    - DPS

There really are so many options. If YouTube and builds didn't help you then look at the class skills and see what appeals to you.
    that's what I did

DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorc are getting a nerf, they were OP like always but not in DB.( PvP only)

So, play a NB. You won't regret it.....
    does a 6 sec buble really nerf it them that much

DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More options for what?

- be Tanky,
    - Heal (group and self)
    - DPS

that's what I did

Have you tried MagDK or Magiplar, yet?
    Its a good class, also but it all depends on your play style.

If NB doesn't suite you ( because its ultimates and some active abilities are close range) then go for Sorc.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs will be fine in DB. The only nerfs that they've really got is an ultimate and the 6 second shield which only impact them during a CC which can largely be counteracted by immovable pots.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More options for what?

- be Tanky,
    - Heal (group and self)
    - DPS

that's what I did

Have you tried MagDK or Magiplar, yet?
    Its a good class, also but it all depends on your play style.

If NB doesn't suite you ( because its ultimates and some active abilities are close range) then go for Sorc.
    when I stoped playing I had a vet 16 dk and Templar but melee isn't as fun to me

DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc