The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old Time Exclusive Items Ever Returning?

DarthDonut
DarthDonut
✭✭
Hi, I'm returning to the game after about a year long hiatus, during such time I've missed quite a few time exclusive items such as the Green Narsis Guar and the Frost Mare. Does anyone think we will ever get a chance at getting these items again?
"What is better - to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?"
-Paarthurnax
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unlikely as I'd read an interview in December where a staff member described the re-release of the black senche and spotted senche as an unusual occurrence because console players never had an opportunity to purchase such with their original limited time release preceding console release, but one can never say never.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all likelyhood, -someday- they might re-release limited stuff for a short time, so that newcomers might have a chance at it as well. I would expect at least a year to pass between initial release and re-release... possibly more... and maybe they will even wait for special occasions. You know... re-release the frostmare on winter solstice or somehting like that...
  • Rinira
    Rinira
    ✭✭
    I'd like to know if they will bring back limited items as well.. Like example for right now the White guar being in the shop. I can't exactly afford to fork over more money when I already pay for the sub to this game and the mount is costing just as much and more than some of the DLC packs.. >_< Plus things being in a shop for a limited amount of days and never returning is purely a money grab..

I can easily take my business elsewhere and not feel like I'm trying to be conned out of some quick cash. I'd also like to point out a lot of mounts are just re-colors.. Like in the case of the White Guar. I have all the other Guar mounts from the shop because 1,300 wasn't a bad price to me when I'm subbed monthly. But the new one is limited 4 days and costs 2,500? Why?
    Edited by Rinira on April 21, 2016 2:53PM
    Tangled-in-Strings - PC/NA @Rosekitten | "What would you attempt if you could not fail?" | Love for all Factions but Ebonheart Pact is my home.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. Limited edition collectibles are never remade... but then again if you want a real world collectible and you're a latecomer you can purchase from someone that invested initially. So maybe they'd re-release the limited editions with an even higher price tag...

All that can really be said is they've never promised one way or the other, but they have made clear these are limited time offers and if you want it you should buy it while available. And other comments they've made about the exceptions for the senches last December suggest you might not get another chance.
    Edited by Tevalaur on April 21, 2016 5:57PM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a comment that Gina made early on in relation to this, when someone asked whether limited edition items would ever become available again (this was at the time of the first limited edition item being sold). She said, essentially, that limited time items are not one-chance-only items and have a chance of returning.

That was before the comment made regarding the black senche panther and clouded senche leopard making a return for console players, so perhaps they've changed their mind and won't ever be releasing these items again. I find that unlikely, given that there are new players all the time, but it would perhaps be quite a while before they would return.

As for the Frost Horse, I think that was available prior to console, so perhaps that will get the same treatment as the two senches and at least get released again for console players.
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want that blacksmith costume to come back.
    weeping-wailing.jpg
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be very surprised if they genuinely didn't ever re-release any of these items, simply because they'll be missing out on a lot of sales.

I understand that limiting the availability encourages people who might otherwise keep telling themselves they'll get it 'one day' to get on and buy it (I've been that person on more than 1 occasion) but releasing it once a year or so has the same effect and enables people who weren't around, didn't have the money, couldn't log in that day etc. to have another chance, therefore increasing sales overall.

(I have to admit though I might be biased by the fact that I really don't like limited time items. I feel guilty any time someone asks where my clouded-leopard senche came from and I have to say they can't have one.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We will see the return of "limited" items,but I doubt that "exclusives" will return any time soon,as they were given exclusively one time.