The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Advice/Bullet Points for Returning Player

Cerec
Cerec
✭✭
I played ESO at launch for a while, but then haven't played it at all since. Today I thought I might give it another try.

With this in mind, does anyone have any advice, bullet points, or other information that would be useful for someone returning after being away for the past 2 years? (I know about this document.)

I would also be interested in advice on "must have" or "strongly recommended" addons.

Thanks!
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    It's an rpg. Play how you want. Forget the most optimal builds and just enjoy the ride :) You can always tweak stuff later.
    Khajiit speak is must have addon for Khajiiti.Better guild store is also nice even though it still sucks.
    Truthfully you'll do fine without addons.
    Edited by Lolssi on April 25, 2016 11:19AM
  • Aaru
    Aaru
    ✭✭
    Depends on how you prefer to play. I recently came back to the game myself.

Biggest advantage is not having to pay a monthly subscription any more.

There are a bunch of changes that are really cool if you enjoy trading, and the game is greatly improved over what it was 2 years ago :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your going to craft, start researching traits as soon as possible. Get 2 traits first so you can start making sets, then 3 etc. For armor, Infused and Divines to start, for weapons Precise and Sharpened. You can save a lot of time if you only research on the items you use before researching for all the other ones.

Get a horse and start upgrading the bags right away, it's you cheapest source of bag space after the first two character upgrades, only it is one bag space a day.

Once you get to Vet, or rather Champion Rank, you start earning points you can use on all your characters in the Champion System.

Save Wrothgar content for end game leveling, you can do the World Boss dailies and whatnot, but I have gained 2 to 3 Vet ranks just doing the quests in that zone.

Stamina is viable now, even more so with the DB patch coming out, so keep that in mind. Magic is still good, its just Stamina is worth playing.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^I disagree about the horse thing. Speed is the utmost. Faster=more time=more money=more bag space. ;)

For addons....
    Sky shards
    Lore books
    FTC