The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Most Important DLC?

JetLife2985
As a returning player, i do not have any of the DLC's. As of now i do not want to spend the money to buy them all so i was wondering what the most important DLC is. Taking into account what loot you can get out of there and how fun it is. thank you!
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my personal opinion

if you are a pvp'er, imperial city

pve'er, either theives guild or orsinium, though i think orsinium would suit pve'ers best
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVE Orsinium will keep you busy for the longest. Has the solo trial (Mal. Arena).

Thieves guild was a blast for me, but very short. You don't even need to sneak for anything either, you can just kill everything and finish most of the quests anyway. Getting a perfect heist is about the only thing that requires any skill, and they get boring after a while. (has PVE end game 12 person trial if that is your thing).

IC - gonna need another's opinion on that one.

Or subscribe for $15 and then cancel immediately (you will keep sub. status for 30 days) and do them all to help decide? You will get 1500 crowns this way as well.
    Edited by emily3989 on April 25, 2016 3:18PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    double post
    Edited by emily3989 on April 25, 2016 3:18PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends what you're looking for.

Loot-wise, a must have is Imperial City. There is tons of BoP gear there that is current BiS gear.

If you're more into PvE and story, then Orsinium is your must-have.

If you're more into PvP/ganking style, then go Imperial City.

If you want the lastest / hardest 12-man trial in the game, you'll need Thieves' Guild.

If you like sneaking/stealing, Thieves' Guild is your choice too.

If you're a farmer / trader, Orsinium is what you need most. Well, Imperial City too but you must fight for loot there.

• lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Depends on what you like in this game.
    If you like 12 man trials, you should buy thieves guild to get access to Maw of Lorkhaj.
    If you like 4 man dungeons you should get Imperial City.
    If you prefer to play all alone, Wrothgar is probably the best for you.
    And if you like pvp, you could get Imperial City, but I personally like pvp in the base game Cyrodiil more.
  • Darkrayne
    Darkrayne
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium is the best PvE content. Thieves Guild is great for new players though because you can use the caches in the main game without even touching the DLC content. They help you easily get a lot more gold when you fence the goods from them. 1 cache usually nets you between 400-5000 gold worth of stuff to sell to a fence. Useful.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually,it would depend on the type of play,quests,etc,that you enjoy.Orsinium has snow and looks a lot like either Skyrim or Bloodmoon.
    Imperial City is for the most part PvP.
    The Thieve's Guild is tropical desert setting with lots of thief appropriate quests.Also,you get to open up the entire world of Tamriel with those quests.They will take you from Hew's Bane to Daggerfall,to Auridon,and to Stonefalls,and back again.With the Thieve's Guild DLC you will have total access to all three factions and their quests.
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    PVE Orsinium will keep you busy for the longest. Has the solo trial (Mal. Arena).

Thieves guild was a blast for me, but very short. You don't even need to sneak for anything either, you can just kill everything and finish most of the quests anyway. Getting a perfect heist is about the only thing that requires any skill, and they get boring after a while. (has PVE end game 12 person trial if that is your thing).

IC - gonna need another's opinion on that one.

Or subscribe for $15 and then cancel immediately (you will keep sub. status for 30 days) and do them all to help decide? You will get 1500 crowns this way as well.

Yup, try before... and if... you buy.
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a returning player, i do not have any of the DLC's. As of now i do not want to spend the money to buy them all so i was wondering what the most important DLC is. Taking into account what loot you can get out of there and how fun it is. thank you!

Honestly? If you aren't sure which... and you can afford $15... I'd go with the monthly sub.
    That way you can have them all and drop them all if necessary.