start hoarding potency runes (edit)

phaneub17_ESO
phaneub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If the proposed change goes through, you'll no longer be able to harvest potency runes from the stones out in the field anymore. They will only be available through extracting from glyphs or purchased from vendors. Most potency runes will cost about 100 gold each, the cost of VR16 potency runes are about 2,500 gold from the vendors.
Thanks to everyone for your feedback on the change to Potency runes. The adjustments to runestone harvestables were made to streamline the process of gathering the necessary materials to craft glyphs. These changes ensure that every single harvest can translate into a completed glyph, with the crafter having control over which level (and polarity) of glyph is created by way of purchasing the desired potency runestone from the vendor. This change, combined with the increased weapon glyph power and the ability to apply lower level glyphs to higher level pieces of equipment is to encourage additional participation with the enchanting system, which has been found to be significantly lower than other tradeskills.

That said, we understand there’s also some frustration over the price of these. We’re keeping an eye on feedback and metrics, and will adjust as needed.

Hey guys, thanks for your ongoing feedback on the enchanting changes.

We’re definitely listening and appreciate the concern regarding the inability to harvest potency runestones. As a result, we’re planning on trying a modification to the existing runestone harvest loot table so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone . The potency runestones will continue to be offered by vendors to give you the option of buying instead of harvesting as desired.

This change will be implemented in an upcoming PTS update, and we will continue to monitor feedback and metrics.
Edited by phaneub17_ESO on April 27, 2016 11:08PM
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope this idiotic move gets cut out before it goes live.
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    Don't like the sound of this. Where do u guys find all of the proposed changes?
  • Taisynn
    Taisynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    J4YDEE wrote: »
    Don't like the sound of this. Where do u guys find all of the proposed changes?

The public test server patch notes.
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261799/
    PC - @Taisynn - NA - CP 268
    Shizuko url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CvZa0PPdzAfUv9h_rd8J2vwc1B4NnZGkPL_n4WfgYfs/edit?usp=sharing"]RP Profile[/url - Bosmer - LVL50 - Nightblade 50 Provisioning, 50 Woodworking, 50 Clothing, 50 Alchemy Ebonhart Pact
    Nev'e - Bosmer - LVL 18 - Templar 50 Enchanting Ebonhart Pact

Proud Member of the Guilds:
    Rusty Old Dragons (Trade) | Children of Skyrim (RP/EP) | Goldleaf Acquisitions (RP/EP)
    Spicy Economics (Trade) | The Jackals (RP/EP)
  • XistenZ_one
    Uhm... you might want to re-read the note about it.

"Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors."

They don't NEED to be harvested, because they're also available at vendors. They will still drop, maybe not as frequent, they don't say anything about that but they're not removing them completely from harvestable runestones.

One issue might be that prices of potency runestones in the guildstores will be regulated by the prices NPCs have, instead of the free market price we have today. But I don't see this as something horrible, not even bad. I like it.
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Potency runestones no longer need to be harvested, with every tier of both polarities now available for purchase from any enchanting vendor, including Alliance Point enchanting vendors."

They don't NEED to be harvested, because they're also available at vendors. They will still drop, maybe not as frequent, they don't say anything about that but they're not removing them completely from harvestable runestones.

One issue might be that prices of potency runestones in the guildstores will be regulated by the prices NPCs have, instead of the free market price we have today. But I don't see this as something horrible, not even bad. I like it.
    It was confirmed later in the same thread that they can no longer be harvested at all.
  • XistenZ_one
    Rosveen wrote: »

It was confirmed later in the same thread that they can no longer be harvested at all.

I'm sorry, you're right. For the sake of this thread I'll copy/paste that verification here as well

They cannot be harvested anymore; all Enchanting runestones now give Aspect and Essence. You can still get them by deconstructing glyphs, though, but the main way is to just buy what you need from a vendor.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much will they cost on the vendors though? I mean if the price for repora say is like 400 gold on the vendor, then there goes the repora market or atleast the 2000 gold each market lol.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reevster your answer is in the original post of this thread.

Btw. I'm not sure it is a bad thing, because the lowbie level runes have been so hard to buy from other players, I had to buy glyphs and deconstruct to gain them. Having a vendor selling them for 100g each is not a bad thing.
    v9-v16 runes are a different matter, as they are used for writs etc.

I'm kinda annoyed though, I mean we could have had the vendor + the runes.
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on April 26, 2016 11:55AM
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting to see official feedback from this thread:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261845/official-feedback-thread-for-enchanting#latest

Gathering Materials is pretty fun whats next Buying Kuta with Tel Var?
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whoah.... good thing we got 1 month till it hits :O Better start hoarding :)))
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C0wrex wrote: »
    Whoah.... good thing we got 1 month till it hits :O Better start hoarding :)))

I have been hoarding for 2 years... :) i rarely sell them and don't use very many, i have quite a few stacks. I have one lvl 3 mule with 140 bank slots that i store over load enchanting supplies/ runes on. may have to start selling after DBs if the price is right.
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Will we still be getting them from the hireling i wonder?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ritzey01 wrote: »
    Will we still be getting them from the hireling i wonder?

Someone said a Hireling mail dropped a Potency off. Also, the a decon of 20 Glyphs was reported to give back 2 Potencies. That sounds a little low but not too far off the typical 15% to 25% material return on deconning glyphs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Casandra
    Casandra
    ✭✭✭
    I am on the PTS and just harvested a potent in northern Craglorn!
    Deliverance Still Emp titled because ZOS hasn't fixed in 4 years,Stamblade, Grand Overlord
    Crimson Chaos, Sorc Grand Overlord retiring soon
    Casandra V14 NB,
    Daenery Grand Overlord (retired) V14 Sorc,
    Immortali General
    Rivenspire Merchant Guild
    FormerlyHaderus
    GraY Host
    (Proud to be all EP)
  • Pepper8Jack
    Pepper8Jack
    ✭✭✭
    Until now, every crafting resource in this game was farmable in one way or another. This change makes the potency runes the only crafting material that can only be obtained by spending gold.

On top of that, the cost of v16 runes had been dropping since orsinium launched, so this change will merely lock the price where it is now.

I was optimistic that they would be making each rune 50-100 gold, which would have been a fair trade for the ease of acquisition.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    If the proposed change goes through, you'll no longer be able to harvest potency runes from the stones out in the field anymore. They will only be available through extracting from glyphs or purchased from vendors. Most potency runes will cost about 100 gold each, the cost of VR16 potency runes are about 2,500 gold from the vendors.

Running the daily random dungeon gets me the VR16 glyphs most runs 1 out of 3 gets me the potency rune.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what was the point of the change? Are they gonna be crown store items or something?
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what was the point of the change? Are they gonna be crown store items or something?

Hmm...
    PS4 Pro NA
  • sunskater
    sunskater

Possibly to deal with mudflation. They need to have ways of pulling money out of the system and making us buy mats from NPCs is one way. I'm still waiting for the cost to repair my gear to go through the roof.
    Valan'yi (AD): CP160+ Bosmer stamblade ranger.
    Ayannis (DC): CP160+ Breton magplar healer.
    Sarsthor (EP): Lv7 Nord dragonknight tank...someday...

Master Clothier & Woodworker. All levels & sets, 9 traits, many styles. All enchantments.
    Provisions, potions & poisons available for all situations (except Psijic Ambrosia).

PSN: Sunskater
    PS4/NA
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, now people can't sell potency level 3-7 runes for outrageously stupid prices while 9-10 level potencys sell much lower....
    Edited by Serenityx on April 27, 2016 9:48AM
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously don't understand this move at all. Who ever requested this?

If it is a gold sink, why only on enchanting? Why don't blacksmiths get a gold sink or alchemists? Why pick on enchanters?

This does not make leveling enchanting or even practicing it once leveled any easier, since the rune prices you have on the pts are just as high as players list them in guild stores. So those who refrain from buying them and prefer to get them in the world will have no place to go.

The 'deconstruction' option is not practical as deconstruction rarely awards the potency AND characters do not receive drops from monsters 6+ lvls below them. This effectively prevents my crafter from acquiring the materials to outfit my lower lvl alts or guildmates lower lvl alts.

Incredibly stupid move.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, did enchantments get more powerful with this patch? If so, how much?
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So they took the most annoying craft to level and made it even more annoying. Why? Did they explain why this was needed?
    PC/EU DC
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Ha, now people can't sell potency level 3-7 runes for outrageously stupid prices while 9-10 level potencys sell much lower....

Is that the reason some people are actually happy about these being taken out of the nodes? Because other players will no longer be able to farm them to sell?? How awful. Market prices would've adjusted anyway to meet the lower vendor prices.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »
    So they took the most annoying craft to level and made it even more annoying. Why? Did they explain why this was needed?

Gina just explained that for some reason they think this change will make it more likely for people to level this craft because they are disappointed with how few people do so. Which is just horrifyingly ironic.
  • ausmack2014
    ausmack2014
    ✭✭✭
    A better option would be to simply have one Glyph node, with a 33% chance of getting any of them. That way you have an equal chance of getting the ones you need at any node.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Casandra wrote: »
    I am on the PTS and just harvested a potent in northern Craglorn!

Nirncrux I think is what you got. Not a potency rune.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your ongoing feedback on the enchanting changes.

We’re definitely listening and appreciate the concern regarding the inability to harvest potency runestones. As a result, we’re planning on trying a modification to the existing runestone harvest loot table so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone . The potency runestones will continue to be offered by vendors to give you the option of buying instead of harvesting as desired.

This change will be implemented in an upcoming PTS update, and we will continue to monitor feedback and metrics.
    [/quote]

Well, this is a start in the right direction. Please, please keep this proposed change. It's fine to have them available at vendors, but the prices I've seen are not conducive to starting players who don't have as much gold. If they can't harvest what they need to level the craft, complete writs, and outfit their characters, then you won't see the increase in usage you were hoping this change would make. Also, I'm a high-level enchanter, but I'm not willing to pay the current guild store prices and would rather harvest them instead. I don't want to now be forced to pay these same prices at NPC vendors.

I understand the idea of having all potencies available for purchase, as that makes it convenient. BUT to eliminate a means of harvesting them in the wild, for those who wish to do so, sets a bad precedent for other crafts. I hope you guys get the message that making ANY crafting material solely available from NPC vendors or the fates of RNGesus is NOT acceptable to crafters. Even tempers are available from harvesting - they are still left to the fate of RNGesus during refining, but these are mats that aren't necessary to actually craft a piece of gear or to complete writs.

Also, please confirm that these will still drop in hireling mails.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on April 28, 2016 8:32PM
  • CMz
    CMz
    ✭✭✭
    Gathering and crafting are the heart of the PvE experience and a large part of my joy in ESO. Breaking apart the gathering part of enchanting breaks the entire experience - it is the same as moving all solvents to a vendor only basis in alchemy. This proposed change does nothing to increase participation in enchanting, only incenses enchanters who have invested considerable time and resources in leveling that skill.

If you are curious about why the participation in enchanting trails other skills jump in game and level a toon from 0 to 50 in enchanting. Now level from 0 to 50 in provisioning. Time them both, measure & cost the resources necessary and compare. they do not compare. Enchanting is a very time and resource intensive process compared to provisioning or the weapon/armor skills. It is both frustrating to master and very fulfilling to have mastered.

You want to increase participation in enchanting in a way that does not look like a slight of hand introduction of another gold sink? How about buffing the xp from glyph deconstruction. Just that. Cut the time and cost it takes to go from 0 - 50 and you will get more players going from 0 - 50. Right now, you have the cost too high for many players.