The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Missing Guardian quest bug

Crimsonwolf666
Crimsonwolf666
✭✭✭✭
The portal to enter Reinhold's Retreat after you open it up with 3 other ppl is bugged. The portal opens, you swim up to the whirlpool and press "E" to enter. The "E" grays out but nothing else happens. I have tried with a few groups of different ppl and they can't enter either. Yes, I have tried abandoning the quest, zoned, relogged, weapon swapped, roll dodge, changing the difficulty settings for dungeons. Nothing helps, this has been going on for me since Thieves Guild came out, and Yes I have given two bug reports and so have a few of my friends who were with me experiencing the same issue. I can't continue on with the main storyline in Craglorn because of this bug. Bad enough that it takes forever to gather a group that wants to even go quest in Craglorn, but now I have bugs that literally stop all progress. Unacceptable. Please fix this bug, I would like to at least take my main character through Craglorn storyline. Just wanna go through it once and then no more, this zone is hardly worth the headache as is without the bugs blocking quest progress.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    This quest is still bugged, can't enter the portal after opening it. Difficulty on Normal, tried logging, roll dodge, weapon swap and zone change...nothing helps.
  • Cersenin
    Cersenin
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, i opened ticket 2 days ago , still waiting to be fixed.....
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bugged for us, too. Came here looking for a solution, but nothing we tried made it work. March 2016.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also witnessed this bug, twice now since the Thieves' Guild DLC came out.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    Katinas, people that have done the quest, cant help you, its one of those quests where all four has to have it, and be on the same step of the quest as well

Oh man, really? We were hoping someone who'd already done it would be able to help, like all the other quests where we needed someone to press a button or something :(.

Well, if anyone is up to this quest on PC NA in the Ebonheart Pact we're a group of two (tank and DPS) stuck at this quest! Hopefully it won't bug for us, we've only had a bug with the quest "Gem of the Stars" so far which we sent a ticket about.
    Edited by ListerJMC on March 25, 2016 2:46AM
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »
    Katinas, people that have done the quest, cant help you, its one of those quests where all four has to have it, and be on the same step of the quest as well

Oh man, really? We were hoping someone who'd already done it would be able to help, like all the other quests where we needed someone to press a button or something :(.

Well, if anyone is up to this quest on PC NA we're a group of two (tank and DPS) stuck at this quest! Hopefully it won't bug for us, we've only had a bug with the quest "Gem of the Stars" so far which we sent a ticket about.

Party members don't have to be on the same quest step. The post stating otherwise is old...the issue was fixed. Other than the final quest, maybe two, the Craglorn quests can be done in any order. Group members missing some quest steps can still enter and engage in "the Missing Guardian" they just won get quest credit. I've done this a number of times both with the quest, as a party member who has completed the quest and as a party member missing some steps yet able to do the delve.

As to the quest being currently bugged, I hope it gets fixed quickly...one of my alts is on that step. Just need to find three others to open the lake portal. Msg or email me if you are DC and need a group. The delve is easy, and the final fight moderate at most.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Well, if anyone is up to this quest on PC NA we're a group of two (tank and DPS) stuck at this quest! Hopefully it won't bug for us, we've only had a bug with the quest "Gem of the Stars" so far which we sent a ticket about.

Party members don't have to be on the same quest step. The post stating otherwise is old...the issue was fixed. Other than the final quest, maybe two, the Craglorn quests can be done in any order. Group members missing some quest steps can still enter and engage in "the Missing Guardian" they just won get quest credit. I've done this a number of times both with the quest, as a party member who has completed the quest and as a party member missing some steps yet able to do the delve.

As to the quest being currently bugged, I hope it gets fixed quickly...one of my alts is on that step. Just need to find three others to open the lake portal. Msg or email me if you are DC and need a group. The delve is easy, and the final fight moderate at most.

Oh thank goodness, I wasn't sure we'd be able to ever find two people at the exact same quest stage to get it finished! Zone chat is dead and most people I know haven't done it because getting 4 people to coordinate an entire questline is extremely difficult to do. Sadly we're in EP but thank you so much for the offer and giving us a hope of finishing this quest! :)

I have a DC alt if you need someone to press one of the buttons on your end, he's only VR4 but his button pressing skills are pretty advanced ;). Probably won't be able to go in though as his level is too low, do you need all four people to go into the delve as well or just for pressing the buttons at the start?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Party members don't have to be on the same quest step. The post stating otherwise is old...the issue was fixed.

+1 this. I've done it fourteen times on my main, and only the first time did she have the quest.

• Aillen
    Aillen
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to do it since the TG launched? We're stuck at this spot :(
    Leader of Love Den (NA/PC/EP-Vivec)
    All of my toons are named " Aillen " with an alt coded. Say Hi to me in game :]
  • solipsist
    solipsist
    same thing happened to me just now
  • Oldbushie
    Oldbushie
    ✭✭✭
    We tried the quest just now and couldn't interact properly with the whirlpool either. I noticed the same bug elsewhere when I tried to interact with an object while swimming. I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably won't be able to go in though as his level is too low, do you need all four people to go into the delve as well or just for pressing the buttons at the start?

The only level requirement is met by entering Craglorn. A group of v4s could have a problem with the content, but a v4 grouped with v14-v16 would be okay. All four players wouldn't need to enter, just have to be present to unlock the opening mechanism. Judging from other comments, the quest is bugged again.

PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably won't be able to go in though as his level is too low, do you need all four people to go into the delve as well or just for pressing the buttons at the start?

The only level requirement is met by entering Craglorn. A group of v4s could have a problem with the content, but a v4 grouped with v14-v16 would be okay. All four players wouldn't need to enter, just have to be present to unlock the opening mechanism. Judging from other comments, the quest is bugged again.

Yep, I forgot to update this thread and say that it did bug for us :'(. We can open the whirlpool entrance, but when we click on it to enter nothing happens. We tried changing the dungeon mode, re-acquiring the quest, re-forming the group, reloading ui, relogging etc. and nothing helped. 3/4 of us had the quest, the other had only done a couple of Craglorn quests but she could still interact with the stones and see the whirlpool. We got no error message saying our level was too low, and we had three vr16's and a vr15 in our group. Really hope this gets fixed soon!
  • Cersenin
    Cersenin
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of people (and myself) had opened a ticket for this bug but still no answer .....I think that they don`t give a [snip] about Craglorn or they are planning a big update for it. How knows ???!!!! :|

[Edit to remove censor bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 8, 2016 11:36PM
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cersenin wrote: »
    A lot of people (and myself) had opened a ticket for this bug but still no answer .....I think that they don`t give a [snip] about Craglorn or they are planning a big update for it. How knows ???!!!! :|

[Edit to remove censor bypass]

I'm starting to think that way as well, there are posts about this bug dating back to 2014. But, I'm going to remain hopeful.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 8, 2016 11:36PM
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay still bugged and done all the so called "fixes" for the 6th time: dropping quest, relogging, reloading ui, removing addons, lowering graphics, roll dodge, weapon swap, zone to another location, trying on a different character....nothing works still and I haven't heard a response as to a solution or whether or not this is being investigated from the bug reports I have placed in the last three weeks. Can I get something about this? Is it being looked at? Is there a solution that actually works? DOes anyone care?
    @ZOS_AmeliaR
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_JasonI
    @ZOS_CoriJ

Sorry I am tagging so many, but I have not received an email or response on this forum about this issue for awhile now. Just give me something so I know that this is on the "broken_#@$%_we_need_to_fix list". Thank you.
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously....no response from anyone working at ZOS. Know "yeah we are looking into it", or "sorry we will patch this up right away", even a "we apologize this might take awhile to fix, but your Devs are working on it".....nothing.....WOW. This is a main Craglorn story quest bug, not a repeatable or some simple graphics glitch....A quest bug that completely blocks anymore progress in the main storyline in lower Craglorn....
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    Just more evidence ZOS doesn't care about old content any more. Only what they can make money on.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seriously....no response from anyone working at ZOS. Know "yeah we are looking into it", or "sorry we will patch this up right away", even a "we apologize this might take awhile to fix, but your Devs are working on it".....nothing.....WOW. This is a main Craglorn story quest bug, not a repeatable or some simple graphics glitch....A quest bug that completely blocks anymore progress in the main storyline in lower Craglorn....

@Crimsonwolf666 Have you done in-game /feedback? Or submitted this problem to CS? It's pretty rare to get a response to game issues in the forum unless it affects a large portion of players. And let's face it, Craglorn is pretty much only a nirn farm zone now. I agree that it would be nice to get a response here, even as you say, it's just an acknowledgement of the problem. But using the other channels to report this has better odds of moving to a fix. I'd like to see the fix as well. I'm on this step with an alt, but it's on the back burner for me.
    PC/NA/DC
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue has been under investigation for a little while now so our developers are well aware of the occurrence. Please keep an eye on our patchnotes for an update on this issue. :) We will try to update this thread as well.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    This issue has been under investigation for a little while now so our developers are well aware of the occurrence. Please keep an eye on our patchnotes for an update on this issue. :) We will try to update this thread as well.

Glad to hear it! I'll do my best to be available to help people through once I see it's fixed.

• Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭

@Crimsonwolf666 Have you done in-game /feedback? Or submitted this problem to CS? It's pretty rare to get a response to game issues in the forum unless it affects a large portion of players. And let's face it, Craglorn is pretty much only a nirn farm zone now. I agree that it would be nice to get a response here, even as you say, it's just an acknowledgement of the problem. But using the other channels to report this has better odds of moving to a fix. I'd like to see the fix as well. I'm on this step with an alt, but it's on the back burner for me.

Thank you for the suggestions. I did submit the problem to CS but I haven't heard of the /feedback. And I know that unfortunately Craglorn is pretty dead :(. Again thank you for the response :D.
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    I am currently on this quest on my complestionist main character. I cannot get the whirlpool door to open despite the four of us trying for an hour now. Please please please fix this?
  • richardjameshillb16_ESO
    Still broken,

Tried yesterday, pressing the enter button and it just greys out.

I tried leaving the group but no luck, also tried zoning, logging out, etc.

That a main quest (for Craglorn, and a prerequisite for the final quest in upper Craglorn) is bugged is very disappointing.

Its these sort of bugs that drive players away.

I hope this is being actively worked on ( I can see the green post above). but as its been 2 years it makes you wonder, There is no money for ZoS in fixing bugs I guess.

Very frustrating
    Edited by richardjameshillb16_ESO on April 10, 2016 9:20AM
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woot yesterday was finally able to go through the portal. Swam my character up and he did a dive animation and it went to the load screen for Reinhold's Retreat. For those of you who are unaware that the last patch fixed this, it DID!!!!!! YEAH!!! lol. So go forth fellow completionists, go forth and complete your Lower Craglorn quest! :D
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    *cheers*

I'll make a note to start trawling zone chat in Crag for people who need help. :)