Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant play (again)

• Aellea
    Aellea
    Soul Shriven
    If you're using add-ons with global (account-wide) settings, but not all characters have them enabled, the game will randomly kick you out on character select. I had that issue, and setting the same add-ons for all characters solved it.

But I'm still getting kicked out randomly while playing, or rather my connection to the servers is lost (PingPlotter shows sudden 100% pakket loss). My modem/router is working properly, no other MMO does this.

Today it's almost every hour. Reason unknown.
    Would be nice, if we at least get an error on this!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the confirmations, all. At this point, what we'd ask you to do is submit a ticket to Customer Support if you are on the PC EU megaserver and are unable to log in/stay logged in. Please also include the approximate date that you started having this issue.

After the ticket is submitted, go ahead and post your ticket number here, and we'll make sure you get the help you need. Thanks in advance!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Takis1979
    Takis1979
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the confirmations, all. At this point, what we'd ask you to do is submit a ticket to Customer Support if you are on the PC EU megaserver and are unable to log in/stay logged in. Please also include the approximate date that you started having this issue.

After the ticket is submitted, go ahead and post your ticket number here, and we'll make sure you get the help you need. Thanks in advance!

Reference Number
    160406-001894
  • navigante.annalisab16_ESO
    Hello,

did you guys use some software like "Advanced system care" because i read that it can cause conflict in registry and dns.

I did this:
    I did system restore first in the time i was sure game was working but it fail...so i did system recovery and i didn't install the software up and now game work
    This happend in my husband's computer too and in this way we solved the problem for login screen.

Hope this may help some of you.
    Cya in game :smile:
    Edited by navigante.annalisab16_ESO on April 6, 2016 7:36PM
  • ad4mss
    ad4mss
    ✭✭✭

What if I don't receive a Support Ticket reference number? I already submitted the same ticket few times and I have not it in my account overview or either did not receive any reference on my email etc. Please advice.
    Whisper me in any case @ad4mss
    Follow me on Twitter @JAdamczewski
  • Garethjolnir
    Garethjolnir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't log in at all here anymore on EU, error 301. Tried just every fix except redownloadng, which I doubt would solve the problem.
    Viele grüße aus Germany. Neu Heimat.
  • Lotheimas
    Lotheimas
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I did, 0 response
    44k dps = WB spam
  • TheCatataFish
    Hello,

did you guys use some software like "Advanced system care" because i read that it can cause conflict in registry and dns.

I did this:
    I did system restore first in the time i was sure game was working but it fail...so i did system recovery and i didn't install the software up and now game work
    This happend in my husband's computer too and in this way we solved the problem for login screen.

Hope this may help some of you.
    Cya in game :smile:

Can you explain a bit more about what you did? I'm using Advanced Systemcare and that might be the problem.
    CPU:AMD FX8350 OctaCore GPU: AMD R9 270x Factory Overclocked RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3 OS:Windows 10
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys getting any sort of error message? Also, are you on NA or EU?

This isn't the first time its happened, its a regular thing. But it was ignored by you in one of my earlier posts.

You log in........ Wait ... get a loading screen... then booted back to the log in screen...

No error messages. PC EU. 32 bit client.
    Edited by AllPlayAndNoWork on April 6, 2016 8:44PM
  • AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok guys, here's the deal:

Over the weekend, all European megaservers were targeted under a Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack which lead to poor in-game performance and disconnections. In response to this, we activated a mitigation system to fight off the attack and allow players to log in again. While this system enabled the majority of our players to get back into the game, there was a side effect to the traffic flow which resulted in a few PC players being unable to log in until we turn off the mitigation due to variations in PC hardware.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and appreciate your patience.

This "bug" has been happening for longer than that.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could you guys please try logging in again, and let us know if you're still running into trouble?

Thank you for your response :)
    I was able to login and I have been playing for more than 30 minutes.
    It seems that you are in the process of fixing it and it is better now, though it's too early to know if the issue has been resolved(maybe it's just because the prime time is almost over).

Ticket reference: 160305-000882
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Yumzer
    Yumzer
    ✭✭
    I too have this problem, for three days now. Have submitted a support request ref 160405-002153, but no response. Since my last successful login I have changed nothing on my PC. I use the EU server. I would like some sort of reply to my support request, otherwise I must assume that it is being ignored.
  • Pantea
    Pantea
    ✭✭
    My ticket reference is 160406-002179.
    But I tried now with 64bit client, and at the moment it works. Still not sure if it will stay like this, I will keep you informed.
    Kaiserliche Drachenritterin
  • welshman666
    welshman666
    Soul Shriven
    28th march 160327-002781, still not logged in for more than 30 seconds with either 32 or 64
  • Voidly
    Voidly

Ticket Reference Number = 160324-000784
  • TheCatataFish
    Ticket number: 160324-001050
    CPU:AMD FX8350 OctaCore GPU: AMD R9 270x Factory Overclocked RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR3 OS:Windows 10
  • dane1007
    dane1007
    Soul Shriven
    Guys just to let you know this issues for login like when you login and after 2-3 send you back again to login screen is not issue from game or from internet connection.This is issue from software that most ppl use
    in my case and in case of my wife was Advanced system care that was make problems
    Me and my wife we had same problem on 2 pc and we was sending tickets for support,we no get help
    we was checking our internet and all was ok.
    Yesterday i find what was make us problem and that was advanced system care
    This is how i find
    I use windows 10 and i do system recovery i run eso and was working,
    After few min i install advanced system care and i restart pc and boom eso no working,i got same issues like before i login in game after 2 second send me back again to login screen
    So what i did i use system restore to back before when i no have installed advanced system care and now again eso working.
    After i do same on pc from my wife and she can now play too.
    In short way to do this you can use system restore and check if you can back pc on time when you no have installed advanced system care or you can use windows recovery or fresh system.
    That is all and i hope this will help someone

• xDucAx98
    xDucAx98
    Soul Shriven
    So disappointing,bought this game half month ago and i didnt play it more than 2 hours because of this bug,is there any chance that you will fix it any time soon ??? ? ?? ? ? ? ? ? :(
  • Euphoria666
    dane1007 wrote: »
    Guys just to let you know this issues for login like when you login and after 2-3 send you back again to login screen is not issue from game or from internet connection.This is issue from software that most ppl use
    in my case and in case of my wife was Advanced system care that was make problems
    Me and my wife we had same problem on 2 pc and we was sending tickets for support,we no get help
    This is how i find
    After few min i install advanced system care and i restart pc and boom eso no working,i got same issues like before i login in game after 2 second send me back again to login screen
    So what i did i use system restore to back before when i no have installed advanced system care and now again eso working.
    In short way to do this you can use system restore and check if you can back pc on time when you no have installed advanced system care or you can use windows recovery or fresh system.

As strange it might sound i think it also might been the cause for me.
    Just after i totally deleted ASC and all related registery to it i was been able to play around 30mins without any single kick to the login which usually accured every minute to me. Im not 100% sure the problem is gone but it seems better atm.
  • Yumzer
    Yumzer
    ✭✭
    I have discovered why my ESO client stopped working. On April 2nd, the AVG virus shield was updated to version 16.61.7538. Depending on the virus shield settings, this can happen silently without the user being notified. As an experiment I disabled the virus shield and the ESO client then connected to the EU server with no problems. Disabling the virus shield is unacceptable however, so Zenimax must work with AVG to determine the root cause. I shall fiddle with the AVG settings to try to find a workaround.
  • Nighter23
    Nighter23
    Soul Shriven
    I can log in to character selection screen with eso x32 and x64 bit launcher but I cant log in to the game Error: "An error has occurred. Please wait a few minutes and log in again", I think it is EUserver problem I hope any solution thx.

Reference Number
    160329-000559

• Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update: No issue in logging to PC EU for me.
    Today I was logged in for hours.
    I wasn't kicked to the login menu when loading a character.
    The issue seems to be fixed(at least for me).
    Thanks! :)
    Edited by Universe on April 7, 2016 5:42PM
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
  • TheCatataFish
    dane1007 wrote: »
    This is how i find

Thanks to this my bug is gone!
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you guys please try logging in again, and let us know if you're still running into trouble?

I tried today, and still have the same problem, that beeing on the 32bit client. The 64bit is working fine, but at times very glitchy when it comes to audio.
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Update: I'm unable to connect to game server.
    My game disconnects to login screen after 20 seconds up to 1 minute in game.
    Server: PC EU
    Duration: In the last hour and a half
    Edited by Universe on April 7, 2016 7:33PM
  • Glyndwr
    Glyndwr
    Are you guys getting any sort of error message? Also, are you on NA or EU?

North America Server
    No error messages. It signs us in fine. We get into game. 2 seconds later... Login Screen comes up. Sign in again... game comes up... 2 seconds later... login screen comes up... what do we do???
    Edited by Glyndwr on April 8, 2016 3:08AM
  • Takis1979
    Takis1979
    ✭✭✭

After 2 cp resets and a new modem , i managed to log into the game normally on 64b client, only issue now is the sound bug

• Lotheimas
    Lotheimas
    ✭✭
    please fix this , cant u see that alot of people in the EU server cant play?
    44k dps = WB spam
  • imringenb16_ESO
    imringenb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Reference code: 160408-001679 , have this problem too, and its getting worse. Please reply !
  • xDucAx98
    xDucAx98
    Soul Shriven
    Reference code: 160409-001676 please reply