Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO’s Two-Year Anniversary Retrospective"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO’s Two-Year Anniversary Retrospective. We hope you enjoyed seeing Matt Firor's journey through ESO over the past couple years, and thanks to everyone for joining us on this journey!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    r.jan_emailb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice and all, but I think most players would rather read something along the lines of "The Road Ahead" than some screen shots of places where everyone has been already. You know, nice scenery is nice, but if you're lagging all the way....
    Lairgren | DC Dragonknight - August Palatine
    playing for eXile

I'm done, CU somewhere else.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that REDACTED is a very lore friendly name for a character.... :trollface:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think that REDACTED is a very lore friendly name for a character.... :trollface:

Hahaha! I was going to comment on that too! Could have worded it a bit different to say "my character" or something instead ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, the takeaway was that he never stepped foot in Cyrodiil over the past two years. Did he only go into the sewers because it was PVE? Color me surprised :trollface:

How much longer are we going to go without relevant communication from you guys on all of the broken crap you introduced in the TG patch?
    Edited by Zheg on April 4, 2016 4:52PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    So, the takeaway was that he never stepped foot in Cyrodiil over the past two years. Did he only go into the sewers because it was PVE? Color me surprised :trollface:

Sheesh.

"Note that there's no dungeon or PvP shots here – I don't have time to take screenshots under pressure… "
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i find it interesting you didnt go into cyrodil at all, just IC
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a great game, but not enough communication between ZOS & community, it's a vertical way... The community is important and makes the game.
    And old bugs & lag are ruinning the game, make some of us leaving... sadly.
    I hope a 3rd year with a lot of new great things :) and less disappointment (i mean, i'm a bit disapointed about justice system & spell craft)
    Edited by Xarc on April 4, 2016 5:00PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    i find it interesting you didnt go into cyrodil at all, just IC

Where exactly did he say he never went to cyrodill?
  • Yo_Langland
    Yo_Langland
    ✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO’s Two-Year Anniversary Retrospective. We hope you enjoyed seeing Matt Firor's journey through ESO over the past couple years, and thanks to everyone for joining us on this journey!

Where is our info on xp stacking fix?
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice and all, but I think most players would rather read something along the lines of "The Road Ahead" than some screen shots of places where everyone has been already. You know, nice scenery is nice, but if you're lagging all the way....

Here, let me sum it up for you:

Dark Brotherhood coming in Q2!
    Free update includes Veteran Rank removal!
    New things coming to the Crown Store, including character slots!
    Ongoing improvements to PvP performance!
    More at E3 Bethesda Showcase!
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faulgor wrote: »

Here, let me sum it up for you:

Dark Brotherhood coming in Q2!
    Free update includes Veteran Rank removal!
    New things coming to the Crown Store, including character slots!
    Ongoing improvements to PvP performance!
    More at E3 Bethesda Showcase!

@Faulgor You forget crafting bags ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    Is it intended that you lose the cake buff when you die? It's bad enough that you need to leave the Ava zone to apply it, but to have to do that every time you die... RIP sewer grind.
  • Xael
    Xael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_MattFiror
    Since you are sharing some "safe" screenshots from the tutorial and mainstory, let me share some of mine which more truly reflect the experience of those of us who actually play your game, particularly from the past 2 years.
    These are some of my screenshots of my journey over the past 2 years in Cyrodiil (and town) up until this past weekend:

Game mail harassment from Early Access until September
    WZEQ0lW.png

First few days of Early Access March 2014
    acWSgPP.jpg

Zone chat every day
    1oAt1iI.jpg
    urkklSi.jpg

Oh look, china bots
    M2fOkTd.jpg
    AO1eI8A.jpg
    rNKev95.jpg

ESO contact info breach (the Chinese trying to steal my account)
    9xEOybb.jpg

When you broke Silver Bolts (morphs) for over a week (one shot kills from level 10s)
    Ev3Bh1e.jpg

Patch 1.2.3 FPS really bad
    hZ5UDwS.jpg

Patch 1.2.4 FPS still bad
    EwUjfyk.jpg

Patch 1.2.5 The alleged fix. 2 weeks later...

mE5uhdY.jpg

Lastly, even my group is having fps drops and are logging out.
    Rdrwah3.jpg

When you killed off the campaigns (Wabba etc) by the way it's just as bad now with Had/Trueflame
    L9r0Wen.png

Guild Bank experience since March 2014
    pIgy3db.jpg

Typical Error during v.1.6
    n1R9ikX.jpg

The best bug ever, bring this one back please!
    FcNUFRX.jpg

Typical Error now
    6MkBjbN.jpg

Typical Error now in Cyrodiil
    90MCdLx.jpg

crash to desktop
    wnNrzwW.jpg

This weekend my ping in Cyrodiil 4/1/2016

zbHTUCT.jpg

I guess we are playing a different game?
    I have plenty more screenshots and several hours of gameplay footage but I wanted to brief and just make my point.

I am offended at the announcement article you put up. Your attempt to act like the game is a bed of roses and joyous experience is not only dishonest but straight up insulting to those of us who have been playing the game from start until now. I still enjoy the game despite it being massively broken and issue after issue, however pretending and ignoring it's history is just wrong.
    Edited by Xael on April 5, 2016 6:39AM
    I got killed in pvp, nerf everything...
  • Chres
    Chres
    ✭✭
    he dont take screenshots in pvp because no time to take a screenshot under pressure?

u have enough time to take a screenshot because pvp is slower than everything with this lagg...
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anonymous wrote: »
    @ZOS_MattFiror I am quite offended at the announcement article you put up. Your attempt to spit water up us and tell us it's raining is egregious. In other words your attempt to act like the game is a bed of roses and joyous experience is not only dishonest but straight up insulting to those of us who have been playing the game from start until now.

QFT
    Edited by _Chaos on April 5, 2016 10:59AM
    'Chaos
  • FooWasHere
    FooWasHere
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, this thread...

I just want to say I appreciated @ZOS_MattFiror 's screenshot journey, brings back many sweet memories. Thank you! I'm still having a blast in game, and I'm sure I'll continue. :)

-Foo
    Edited by FooWasHere on April 4, 2016 7:49PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been playing from the start till now. Still loving the game. Not insulted.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xael 's screenshots look way more accurate . but you guys don't care anymore anyway right? @ZOS_GinaBruno . i am still not sure why you gave up on us.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see two sides of that coin. Unfortunately, I must admit, I have played on a 5 year old mac laptop (blame my parents for giving it to me as a graduation from high school present), and I consistently run with 5-19 fps and with ping all over the map. I don't get to enjoy the high graphics, as mine are always on minimum, but I still play because of the story and the challenge it provides.

Should I get a new computer? yes, and I will when I am more financially secure.

Either way, the game is fun, even though it has way to many bugs and is broken in so many places.
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xael All that resentment m8, it's not healthy. If I were you I'd reevaluate my habits.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on April 4, 2016 11:52PM
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    Xael wrote: »
    @ZOS_MattFiror
    Since you are sharing some "safe" screenshots from the tutorial and mainstory, let me share some of mine which more truly reflect the experience of those of us who actually play your game, particularly from the past 2 years.
    These are some of my screenshots of my journey over the past 2 years in Cyrodiil up until this past weekend:

I clicked Awesome a hundred times but I think it only registered once.

I don't mean to dis Matt's sharing of his journey, we all love the game, we would not be so upset over it if we did not. and I know he knows that. Obviously he is going to stress the positive, it's a reflection not a road ahead. But I enjoyed Xael's sharing too. It is the blood, sweat and tears that was a bigger part of many player's experiences and has left a more indelible mark in our journeys than that of a passing sunset (which I have tons of!). Together the two tell of a more complete journey.

When all is said and done (and more is said then done!) even the hard times offer fond memories... kinda.
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I will remember from this post is that @ZOS_MattFiror choose the correct faction! Daggerfall Covenant! For King Emeric, Darien Gauthier and Gabrielle Benele!

*High five*
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »
    What I will remember from this post is that @ZOS_MattFiror choose the correct faction! Daggerfall Covenant! For King Emeric, Darien Gauthier and Gabrielle Benele!

*High five*

I have to admit that Daggerfall has the best zones, overall. Too much jungle in the Dominion, and with the Pact, you are either toasty warm or freezing to death. :smile:
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played since Beta of January and still play the game religiously. I think that some things could be better, but with the way the game is evolving it seems like you know what you are doing.

I think the new trial introduced with the Thieves' Guild expansion is some of the best content in the game yet, all the fights are very well-designed.

The narrative content also seems to be improving with every expansion, Thieves' Guild and Orsinium both had amazing storylines. A lot of people don't know that there are two paths to take in the Orsinium storyline, but that is one thing I really love about it.

I think that the PvP could be better, a lot of people probably agree, but I am refering more to the lack of varied PvP content. Cyrodiil really only caters to big groups, whereas I usually only pvp alone or with 1 or 2 other people. Instanced battlegrounds / arenas were confirmed to be on the backburner and that as well as many of the previously teased content drops (Dark Brotherhood, Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Black Marsh, etc.) is one of the main reasons why I keep playing the game.

Early on I was afraid ESO would be similar to GW2, which essentially let its game die out before they updated it with new content, but I am glad I was proven wrong.

Really looking forward to Q3 and the Dark Brotherhood expansion, it will be adding some of my favourite cities to the game, and I cannot wait to see how they compare to Oblivion.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • knight776
    knight776
    ✭✭✭
    When I was in the first or second weekend beta (the one that lasted about 3-4 hours), I started a Nord because, at the time, that's what I was most familiar with. With all the struggles going onward in beta, I found myself rolling a High Elf. After passing through the first Coldharbour visit and landing on Tamriel, I ran into that silly cat and that pretty much sealed that I would go AD after. It wasn't until I started going through Cadwell's Silver that I realized that I should have stayed EP, as I absolutely adore Naryu now. Razum-Dar is still a really cool cat, but that dusky elf always captures my attention.

Thanks to Mr. Firor for showing us a glimpse of his journey through ESO. :)
  • ettavolt
    ettavolt
    ✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »

*High five*

Yeah, now we know that the Covenant is the fraction to rule Tamriel!
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now this one will be on the lookout for a blonde Breton NB with a foxy freind.

Only to wave and say hello of course!

Why does this Breton - Redacted her name was yes? Why does she not fish at all?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • RagnarFirehawk
    Hmm, as of Tomorrow West Australian time... My main Dk will be 2 years old. I loved Eso so much i played the main story 5 times over and with my Main/ Starting at Launch character played over 1.3k Quests...

In all that time it was great, Even with all the bugs. One of the funniest Bugs had to be the out of Sync as you used a wayshrine.
    Screenshot_20150116_223051_zpstqbzvfid.png
    Screenshot_20150806_022337_zpsmqdyxihy.png

The End of the world Bug was also funny... I wish you lot put an Easter egg in and put in a chess game :smiley:
    Screenshot_20150528_171339_zpszw1wtpui.png

Then when Unlimited was launched i made 4 other character's... With 2 of them i Killed Molag Blah Nude. lolz
    Screenshot_20150711_115351_zpsbpuxczpq.png
    Screenshot_20160126_191842_zpsi98kdsqc.png

and with all that i made many friends and had a blast.
    Now i just hope there is many more years of fun to be had.

~happy birthday ESO~
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow @ZOS_MattFiror that is so beautiful. Here is an image of my first two years:

Screenshot_20150325_200052.png
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    Two year birthday post with absolutely no value added. You don't have to be a ZOS employee to send out the announcement, any of us could have posted this.