Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4k graphics

qsnoopyjr
qsnoopyjr
✭✭✭✭
Any idea when this game is going to update itself to 4k graphics? 4k resolution has been out for over 2 years now, and this game claims to be the best graphic MMORPG, yet when I launch the launcher on my 4k <<LAPTOP>> the size of the launcher is so tiny, the news feed is tiny enough that it hurts your eyes to read.

My question is... How long is it going to take for TESO to update and become 4k compatible. Very annoying having CURRENT technology... UNCOMPATIBLE with games such as this one. Especially since it launched when the 4k technology was available.

Most of the laptops and PCs coming out now... Are 4k... How long is it going to take you to upgrade??? So annoyed I have to DOWNGRADE my computer specs just to play this game.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    this game claims to be the best graphic MMORPG

Most of the laptops and PCs coming out now... Are 4k...

Not true, and not true.

I can play at 1440p without any scaling issues. 4k just isn't feasible for me performance-wise using a GTX 970 in PVP.

Sounds like the launcher is the only issue though, and really, that's not much of an issue to whine about. If you're REALLY that upset about not being able to read the news articles, then lower your laptop resolution to 1440p but keep the game resolution at 4k.
  • Euphoria666
    I tend to agree with Darkstorne, since its only effects the launcher its not bigge imo.
    Ingame 4K scaling works fine for me, though my 980Ti SLI scaling is kinda bad but enough to play at such res with decent fps.
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scaling works fine, but can you read the chat fine in 4k??? Or is it too tiny? I'm downloading the game right now... I cannot read the text in the launcher without squinting my eyes and focusing hard on it.

I know that textures, graphics will be fine, but hotkeys??? chat?? the UI period... Does THAT scale with 4k??? That is the question. If you read .5cm by .5cm text just fine that's you, but I'm sure most other people have issues with that. If 1cm by 1cm clickable box is good for you, I'm sure others have issues clicking on such a tiny box.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    qsnoopyjr wrote: »
    Scaling works fine, but can you read the chat fine in 4k??? Or is it too tiny? I'm downloading the game right now... I cannot read the text in the launcher without squinting my eyes and focusing hard on it.

I know that textures, graphics will be fine, but hotkeys??? chat?? the UI period... Does THAT scale with 4k??? That is the question. If you read .5cm by .5cm text just fine that's you, but I'm sure most other people have issues with that. If 1cm by 1cm clickable box is good for you, I'm sure others have issues clicking on such a tiny box.

I play 4k. In game it is fine. I easily read the chat, menus, etc. In fact it never occurred to me that any of these things could be too small. Also I believe there is a UI scaling option.

Launcher news feed text is small, but who cares about that?
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you guys crazy? Do you get paid by the Elder Scrolls Online to lie?

Look at this launcher. If you have hard time reading the words, don't bother zooming in, if you zoomed in, that means it's not readable in 4k. You have to put your eyeballs literally 6 inches away from the screen to read it. That's proof right there that this game isn't 4k compatible. Don't bother lying.

All I want to know is... HOW LONG??? How long till this game becomes 4k compatible? AFTER Guild Wars 2 becomes 4k compatible???

4k has been around for over a year. This game as been around just as long as 4k... There is NO EXCUSES.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on April 2, 2016 6:26PM
  • qsnoopyjr
    qsnoopyjr
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I got into game, 4k looks like this, and its not too bad actually. I'd like that default setting it gave me back though, because I don't have to focus on the words to read them. The words in 4k, still at that point where you cant glance at them, you have to focus your eye on them in order to read the text.

That launcher though, unbelievable. Just unbelievable, I cannot even read any text of that advertisement.
    Edited by qsnoopyjr on April 3, 2016 12:18AM