The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Radiant Destruction Bugged?

• Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    ZoS, please include a hit # variable to death recap so people can see how many hits are included in one line of information.

OP, it is likely you were hit with several ticks of RD, it does 4 hits per 3s channel, but the death recap simply adds up each channel and shows it as one big hit.

The only way you were hit with one tick that equaled 16k damage is if you were incredibly low on health. Like less than 10%.

It is not the death recap. I can hold my own decently against most classes and situations but when hit with radiant destruction my health just drops. It is a matter of seconds. The ticks are huge and I can see on my rolling combat text. Typically it is 6k to 7k a tick with a final for ~14k. I can see the broken arse damage. I have over 25k spell resistance and minus 15% magic and elemental damage.

I cannot reflect the ability. Blocking does not seem to do much.

The skill is utterly and completely broken OP and needs a nerf. Like yesterday. This need a hot fix nerf.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Therium104 wrote: »
    NOTHING in game kills me faster.

You must be playing on a private server where there are no Mag NB+soul+proxy det+VD abominations running around... you'll be dead before the game client will render the NB.

Dude. Can you read numbers. How can you defend something so obviously broken. It just ruins the player experience for everyone when something this broken OP is in the game.

Radiant destruction needs a nerf.
    Edited by Therium104 on March 31, 2016 9:52PM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, please include a hit # variable to death recap so people can see how many hits are included in one line of information.

OP, it is likely you were hit with several ticks of RD, it does 4 hits per 3s channel, but the death recap simply adds up each channel and shows it as one big hit.

The only way you were hit with one tick that equaled 16k damage is if you were incredibly low on health. Like less than 10%.

It is not the death recap. I can hold my own decently against most classes and situations but when hit with radiant destruction my health just drops. It is a matter of seconds. The ticks are huge and I can see on my rolling combat text. Typically it is 6k to 7k a tick with a final for ~14k. I can see the broken arse damage. I have over 25k spell resistance and minus 15% magic and elemental damage.

The skill is utterly and completely broken OP and needs a nerf. Like yesterday. This need a hot fix nerf.

The hilarious part about the bolded quote is Radiant does it's dmg spread out over almost 4 seconds. So yea....you had over four seconds to respond.

If it's hitting 6-7k that means you are in execute range sub 50% hp. At 25% and lower it scales up again to 10,000~ and sub 10% even higher. however most of it's damage ends up being overflow dmg aka wasted dmg that wasn't used to kill you.

There are a lot of counters to it, you can slot them and use them. It's likely you just got caught at around 50% hp and he executed you cause you couldn't purge it or bash him fast enough. No worse than a NB unloading on you out of stealth for an instant kill.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »

The hilarious part about the bolded quote is Radiant does it's dmg spread out over almost 4 seconds. So yea....you had over four seconds to respond.

If it's hitting 6-7k that means you are in execute range sub 50% hp. At 25% and lower it scales up again to 10,000~ and sub 10% even higher. however most of it's damage ends up being overflow dmg aka wasted dmg that wasn't used to kill you.

There are a lot of counters to it, you can slot them and use them. It's likely you just got caught at around 50% hp and he executed you cause you couldn't purge it or bash him fast enough. No worse than a NB unloading on you out of stealth for an instant kill.

I was not in execute range..... It was full health and I had a restro staff healing full time. Let me repeat he started the cast when I was at full health with ticks 6 to 7k. I was blocking then changed to restro and tried to outheal. I died in a few seconds.

It is broken. I am not making this up btw.

You cannot defend this garbage. NERF RADIANT DESTRUCTION. Can you read numbers dude. Why are people debating this.....
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was not in execute range..... It was full health and I had a restro staff healing full time. Let me repeat he started the cast when I was at full health with ticks 6 to 7k. I was blocking then changed to restro and tried to outheal. I died in a few seconds.

You cannot defend this garbage. NERF RADIANT DESTRUCTION. Can you read numbers dude. Why are people debating this.....

Sorry to call you out like this but screen shots or it never happened. NEVER been hit that hard at 100% by RD while blocking. Not even close. Throw up a picture of your combat log so we can see the "blocked! You took 7,000 damage from Radiant!"

It literally can't hit that hard until execute range. Even with a 20,000 tooltip it wouldn't hit you for 7k while blocking. Period.

I've been beamed countless times over the last week. Not one of them hit me that hard at 100%, perhaps your HP was lagging?

Edit: You can also just purge it. :)
    Edited by AfkNinja on March 31, 2016 10:55PM
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭

Sorry to call you out like this but screen shots or it never happened. NEVER been hit that hard at 100% by RD while blocking. Not even close. Throw up a picture of your combat log so we can see the "blocked! You took 7,000 damage from Radiant!"

It literally can't hit that hard until execute range. Even with a 20,000 tooltip it wouldn't hit you for 7k while blocking. Period.

I've been beamed countless times over the last week. Not one of them hit me that hard at 100%, perhaps your HP was lagging?

I am not trying to persuade you. What you think is irrelevant. I am trying to persuade the devs. Sorry Sparky :(

It does not take any brain power to realize radiant destruction needs a nerf. Debating whether it will or will not be nerfed is a waste of time. It will. I just want it right away. So please ESO... nerf Radiant Destruction with a hot fix in about a week. Or just disable it. Do something.

Seriously man. All the posts and threads telling the devs radiant destruction is obviously OP broken and you still try to maintain no problem? I don't need a screenshot. Learn to read numbers.
    Edited by Therium104 on April 1, 2016 12:45AM
  • a1i3nz
    a1i3nz
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's about time we got our old Jesus beam back.
    So now each class has something someone can complain about! We were feeling left out.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    croakroach wrote: »
    I keep seeing massive radiant destruction's showing up in my recap, it looks like they are ignoring how much health i have and hit me like a truck regardless; this is an active skill not an ultimate? Is this really supposed to hit this hard? I have 25k health on my character and around 60% physical and spell resist.

puu.sh/nWpyO/9976308506.jpg

The enemy landed two successive blows for 13k and 16k while they were in the safety of their spawn area.

cute, I got my Jbeam to 23k crits.

And they will not be nerfing it as they stated in ESO Live which is kinda dumb

ZOS is starting to remind me of Bungie when it comes to balancing.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not trying to persuade you. What you think is irrelevant. I am trying to persuade the devs. Sorry Sparky :(

It does not take any brain power to realize radiant destruction needs a nerf. Debating whether it will or will not be nerfed is a waste of time. It will. I just want it right away. So please ESO... nerf Radiant Destruction with a hot fix in about a week. Or just disable it. Do something.

Seriously man. All the posts and threads telling the devs radiant destruction is obviously OP broken and you still try to maintain no problem? I don't need a screenshot. Learn to read numbers.

You remind me of my 4 year old...
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait...you don't need facts to back up your claims? HAHAHA how are you going to convince devs who rely on facts and numbers without proof? Or are you just relying on those obviously biased videos that have been parroted around these forums and debunked multiple times by multiple templar's? If you are relying on ZOS to see it as an issue they have already stated like 2 or 3 times (on forums, on eso live) they think it's fine. You literally need to show them if you want them to change it.

If you honestly care about convincing the devs what I am suggesting will HELP YOU. SHOW THEM FACTS AND THEY WILL LISTEN. I don't care if you listen to me or not, but seriously you can't convince people to change their minds without proof. Just show them a combat log where you are at 100% and it's ticking for 7k. Hell I might even support your argument if you can show me that.

Edit: If you actually read those threads you would know I and several other Templar's evaluated the evidence and refuted it. I am not against seeing something as unbalanced, but to do so I need real tests that aren't manipulated to show the desired outcome. We need to know everything about the test, stats/armor/skills/testers etc. I don't play Magplar, I fight them every day though, I am trying to be as unbiased as possible. I would support a range nerf on it, but that's it till I see better data.
    Edited by AfkNinja on April 1, 2016 7:33PM
  • croakroach
    croakroach
    ✭✭
    00662e16d0.jpg
    afa5676c0c.jpg
    7e0e3d7516.jpg

Been playing around with it. It is not bugged, does exactly what the tool tip says. It just hits like a truck no matter what your health is; if i am below 50%, i am dead before the 2.8 seconds ends (2-3 ticks in) and the damage stops so "overflow" is from one tick.

Guess I should finish training my Templar next. :)
    Edited by croakroach on April 1, 2016 9:29PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently you have used "no brain power" to come to your conclusion as well...