Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is the best magicka DK armor sets and skills to use for pvp

CPTRutt
CPTRutt
I've been a magicka dk for about two months now and just started to get into pvp. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with what to use.
Edited by CPTRutt on March 30, 2016 2:35PM
50 Stam DK
50 Khajiit Stam NB
50 Altmer Mag Sorc
50 Breton Mag NB
50 Breton Mag Templar
50 Redguard Stam Sorc
50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re-roll.
    :]
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    I'm not gonna re-roll I can take down almost anyone 1v1 but I can't 1vX like I want to
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magic dk as a solo toon is not viable ATM in the game. Only about five ppl in the game can pull it off. They are elite players. Ppl like Skaffa and Vyr Cor. They are fine in groups even good but solo you will die constantly be upset and quit. They also do well in duels but against 2 or three players or more... Ouch. If you played earlier in the game they were ESO gods but not so much anymore.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    So I should probably just keep my 5pc julianos 2pc seducer 2pc torugs with 3pc willpower all magic glyphs then and just run with a group in pvp
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that's a good set up for a group. I would try to get helm and shoulder of blood spawn. Dks need ult gen.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    I tried the vicious death set just because and it is not made for dks at all
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay so basically mDK will die open field 1vx. My first move when engaging more then one or two is to go into a building or around rocks to line of sight. Get them all in a tight space so your aoe can do the most damage.

Keep buffs up constantly, don't play defensive all the time because otherwise you will die. Use your ultimate wisely as they will be the things that kill people the most.

Build video for my magicka DK is in my signature.
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Morozov
    Morozov
    ✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »
    Okay so basically mDK will die open field 1vx. My first move when engaging more then one or two is to go into a building or around rocks to line of sight. Get them all in a tight space so your aoe can do the most damage.

Keep buffs up constantly, don't play defensive all the time because otherwise you will die. Use your ultimate wisely as they will be the things that kill people the most.

been piggy-backing off your build Vyr, it works very nicely and its funny to get hate tells that say im a dodge-rolling scum. Still interested in that Tava's favor?
    AD
    Victorem
    PC - NA - AZ
    Vr 16: Morozov - DK
    Vr 1: Zephyr Grimm - Sorc
    Vr 5: Sad_Bunnie - Templar
    23: Repressed-Canadian-Rage - NB
    Voted "Most likely to squirrel off the crown" PC-NA
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    Sounds like it's more my tactics that need working on then my sets and skills I use
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CPTRutt wrote: »
    So I should probably just keep my 5pc julianos 2pc seducer 2pc torugs with 3pc willpower all magic glyphs then and just run with a group in pvp

This build is bad, why 2 seducer 2 torugs when you could run 4 magnus and get the same thing, plus an additional magika bonus?

Also, why julianos on a DK? They actually have some value in the health stat so the health bonus on kag's isn't a waste and you'll want that sustain more than just 75 more spell dam imo.

Vicious death could work on mag dk, and it will get bonus damage from dk passives. I think Fasalla's guile is superior though.

5 kag's
    5 Fasalla's guile
    2 skoria/bloodspawn

seems like the most balanced setup for DK atm, imo
    double s/b or s/b resto are both workable
    Basically your burst is just gonna be Det+inhale explosion+shooting star(fossilize to guarantee it hits)+skoria meteors. With the fasalla heal debuff its gonna be hard to counter your burst, since you can ensure your shooting star isn't blocked.

Obviously 7 impen on armor. Shields reinforced(shield expert CP passive, since you'll want block cost reduction and resistant cp anyway)
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 30, 2016 4:12PM
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out @jaburns build/stats using 5pc Kag, 5pc Bahraha, and 2pc Skora: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2818251/#Comment_2818251
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    After looking at these builds ithe appears I'll have to switch from 5pc light 2pc heavy to 5pc heavy 2pc light and switch dw to sword and board
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After looking at these builds ithe appears I'll have to switch from 5pc light 2pc heavy to 5pc heavy 2pc light and switch dw to sword and board

Light armor vastly outperforms heavy for magika DKs atm(and for everyone else too)

In my suggested setup, you'd run 3 fasalla jewelry 2 heavy armor with 5 light kags
    Edited by Lexxypwns on March 30, 2016 5:51PM
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    I like the 5 pc kags but I can't wrap my head around the fasalla set. What about maybe 4pc magnus or seducer because I find a lot of my problems lie with running out of resources
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the 5 pc kags but I can't wrap my head around the fasalla set. What about maybe 4pc magnus or seducer because I find a lot of my problems lie with running out of resources

5 pc kags 4 pc mag/seducer 3 willpower is very solid.

The appeal in fasalla is that your opponent, by being offensive, puts himself in a compromised position where he has to stop attacking you to heal, or exhaust his resources trying to heal through the debuff
  • Jormasaurus
    By using fasalla you also lose an enormous amount of magicka due to the fact that the jewelry is only available in healthy. That's the only thing keeping me from trying it out.

PS4 EU @Jormasaurus
    PC EU @YRMAE
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Piece Vicious Death
    5 Piece Vicious Death
    2 Piece Vicious Death

That way, it will proc 3 times in 1v1's.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By using fasalla you also lose an enormous amount of magicka due to the fact that the jewelry is only available in healthy. That's the only thing keeping me from trying it out.

That's true, the idea is that the extra pressure from the heal debuff will make up for the loss in overall damage. Vicious Death is gonna give you better overall stats and that flashy 5 piece so its not a bad choice.
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    I've been running 5 VD, 5 Kags, 1 BS, 1 Kena and it has been a blast. 1vX has been insanely fun as well, maybe it is just the playstyle I am using but I am not sure. I have been melting people with this. I d k why people keep bashing on mag dk, despite the broken scales this class works way better than last patch.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morozov wrote: »
    DKsUnite wrote: »

been piggy-backing off your build Vyr, it works very nicely and its funny to get hate tells that say im a dodge-rolling scum. Still interested in that Tava's favor?

i keep swapping between tava and kaeg. I seriously cant make up my mind. Its either ulti gen and lots of sustain or more damage lol
    Edited by DKsUnite on March 30, 2016 10:38PM
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep julianos, run 4pc magnus for more magika. Cc bot like crazy, might ve able to pull it off. The problem im seeing is no burst. Rally almost heals faster then the dots do damage, and if you dedicate a dot build purge is hard counter and will own you
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARMOR MASTER.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Jormasaurus
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

That's true, the idea is that the extra pressure from the heal debuff will make up for the loss in overall damage. Vicious Death is gonna give you better overall stats and that flashy 5 piece so its not a bad choice.

I don't know man, I'd lose somewhere around 4k magicka and 350 spell damage by switching to fasalla, don't really think it's worth it tbh.
    PS4 EU @Jormasaurus
    PC EU @YRMAE
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    I've been running 5 VD, 5 Kags, 1 BS, 1 Kena and it has been a blast. 1vX has been insanely fun as well, maybe it is just the playstyle I am using but I am not sure. I have been melting people with this. I d k why people keep bashing on mag dk, despite the broken scales this class works way better than last patch.

Because people that don't play the class, just repeat what others say on the forum as if it''s a fact?!

Or because some twitch streamers compare the class to broken OP'ed other class builds, then cry they can't do 5v1 on DK/Templar as if the game is designed as a solo 1v5 arena. And their flock will happily spread the word everywhere.

• Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    5 kags, 2 torugs (weapons), 3 willpower, 2 engine guardian. 5/1/1 light. Double dual weild. Damage = healing for a mag dk now. I find the faster people die the less I have to heal and the faster I kill them the more healing I get. Pretty cool concept if you ask me.

I've had very few problems with anything. 1vx capable up to a reasonable number and of course depends on your opponents skill level, solo capable, always great in groups I mean I'm a dk.

Of course all this from everyone is meaningless if you don't have the skill to play any of it (not saying you don't) or if these set ups don't fit your play style. There are a lot of good ideas here however, I suggest you tinker around on your own. You can get a pretty good idea of how it will work with vet 15 gear. Your weapons should always be v16 and gold.
  • RoamingRiverElk
    RoamingRiverElk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember to have 501 cp
    Dalris Aalr - Magicka (Stamina) DK | Dalfish - Magicka Sorc | Dal Aalr - Magicka Warden | Dalrish - Mag/Stam NB | Irana Aalr - PvE Templar
  • CPTRutt
    CPTRutt
    I think that's where my problem is I need more cp I only have 317 right now
    50 Stam DK
    50 Khajiit Stam NB
    50 Altmer Mag Sorc
    50 Breton Mag NB
    50 Breton Mag Templar
    50 Redguard Stam Sorc
    50 Dark Elf Mag DK
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2/2 Valkyn skoria
    5/5 Vicious Death
    5/5 Julianos

Sword and shield
    Resto staff

5L/1H/1M

Hit proxy det, entropy, shooting star, burning talons, Fossilize, deep breath, burning embers, flame lash... Repeat
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add... Use the atronarch mundus stone, with spell damage on at least 2 pieces of jewelry. Can do 3 pieces if you think 1200 magicka regen is enough for you in pvp
  • oburn
    oburn
    I'm running 5 Kags, 4 Mags with S/B, and Resto on back bar, 5/1/1.

I'm getting burst down fast, like in seconds. I have Impen on all my gear, but my problem is as V16 and Been away from the game for over 5 months, all I have are 240CP. So when it comes to the Warrior CP Tree i'm totally lost. I gotta put points into Block Exp, then you got Spell Shield/ Resistant/Hardy/Elemental Def/ and Bastion.

I look up a lot of these builds, but they are all based on 501 CP. So for me, with only 80 points to put in Warrior Tree, I have no idea what to put the points in because there is so much spread out. I'm not sure if I should go 5 Heavy/1/1 until I get more CP, or sit in the back and heal and use Destro Staff in my current set up.

I'm just lost in the warrior tree with 80 CP and need help on what to do with my lack of CP.