The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning Player

cromahn
cromahn
✭✭
Hey Guys,

I was thinking about getting back into ESO. I used to play on Xbox a while back, but I took a break right before Imperial City came out.. Now there are 3 more DLC and I was curious where to start... My highest character is Vet 8. I have a few questions I would like to ask;

What is the fastest way to get to Vet 16?
Do I need to get the three DLC eventually or are they not to important to the main story?
Where Do I start, should I start by leveling to vet 16 before buying expansions?
should I start on anything in particular?

Thanks
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fastest and IMO most enjoyable way to level would be to jump in a group and grind in IC sewers. If that fails then Rkindaleft (Orsinium DLC) is the best. However, given your next question: questing and zone completion may be the best option for you (or even as a break from IC sewers) because if you're thinking of coming back, the last thing you want is to spend hours monotonously grinding.

Literally no idea about the stories, I just skip everything and make a decision on what's currently available to me.

It really makes little difference which you do first as you'll be scaled to V15 in the DLC areas anyway.
  • cromahn
    cromahn
    ✭✭
    Fastest and IMO most enjoyable way to level would be to jump in a group and grind in IC sewers. If that fails then Rkindaleft (Orsinium DLC) is the best. However, given your next question: questing and zone completion may be the best option for you (or even as a break from IC sewers) because if you're thinking of coming back, the last thing you want is to spend hours monotonously grinding.

Literally no idea about the stories, I just skip everything and make a decision on what's currently available to me.

It really makes little difference which you do first as you'll be scaled to V15 in the DLC areas anyway.

Is imperial City Sewers something you have to find a group for or is it something you can Que for?
    Edited by cromahn on March 31, 2016 7:51PM
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is like playing in Cyrodiil,

It is solo or group content but if your build is not right you will have difficulty grinding,

My advice is to go to IC and group up with 3 others and grind like that,

I do grind solo on my stamsorc but his healing from Crit surge is what keeps him alive.
    I also found that grinding on my Templar was also easy.

However on my NB and Dk it was challenging.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, no queues. I either just wait at the entrance within my base spamming the group invite (console) or enter solo and look for people before spamming.
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on April 1, 2016 12:07PM