Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bring back Blinding Light

Cinbri
Cinbri
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
As title stating - Blinding Light(Flashes/Searing Light) was iconic templar defensive skill, it was also only class AoE skill. Effectiveness of it was equal to NB's Fear - as both were AoE CC that could be used offensivly or defensivly, Sorc's Streak - defensive AoE CC with damage component, DK's Scales - close combat version of it that allowed to equal odds when outnumbered. Removing of this skill was equal to removal of those skills above from other classes and was a huge loss in class defense.
It was covering templar's worst problem - stamina sustain.
Pros: 1. 50% miss chance meant saved stamina for block 2. 50% miss chance meant saved stamina for not using Break Free when enemy's CC was missed 3. AoE component made it very usefull when outnumbered vs close combat stacked enemies, thats why with current pvp meta where enemies stacking with 24 people most of time this skill would shine. 4. only class AoE CC that forced enemies to break free. 5. Apply debuff on enemies - it means you could cast it in mobs in pve and they would be CCed and as healer you could safe mana from less healings needed.
Cons: 1. to cover all pros this skill works only for melee and was absolutelly useless vs range enemies.
There was several reason (as ZOS claimed) why it was removed: 1. it affected strong mobs in PvE that should be immune to this skill. 2. In PvP people didn't understand why they missing target.
Based on those 2 factors Blinding Light could be returned but a little bit revamped:
1. It could be implemented into revamped Radiant Ward morph of Sun Shield to increase morphs diversity. This morph will become AoE CC (maybe with damage dealt like Searing Light before or Flashes' pulse) while other morph BS - damage shield with AoE damage.
2. It apply any sort of CC(knockback/knockdown/disorient pulse/stun) in 5m radius as before and play role of melee AoE CC. It can also either deal AoE damage like Searing Light or pulsing like Blinding Flasses to equalize morphs and make skill equal to same skills of other classes: Streak can deal damage, serve as escape and apply AoE CC; Talons can deal damage, apply AoE CC, give synnergy, apply dot; Fear can apply AoE CC, speed debuff and damage dealing debuff.
3. One of best aspect of it - Miss Chance removed from it and instead revamp other skill:
  • Eclipse - revamped into self buff that absorb 4 projectiles. So it will allow to save stamina when outnumbered by having defensive self-buff for both magicka/stamina builds, while templar will have AoE CC.
Eclipse visual - currently Transmutation set 5pc bonus have only 1 effect however animation aplly two different visual effects: yellow aura glowing and blue strings. I think it is unlogical and visual weight of it is too high. Blue strings could be removed from this visual and instead added to revamped Eclipse, so it will be easily noticable by enemies when templar is under Eclipse effect buff and visually will oppose same red strings from NB's debuff.
@Wrobel
Edited by Cinbri on April 1, 2016 8:56AM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Signed.

And fix sun shield while you're at it.
    Edited by AfkNinja on March 31, 2016 2:37PM
  • HoloYoitsu
    HoloYoitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back unnerfed Bolt Escape and you can have your Blinding Light
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes bring it back but remove Jesus beam.
    Because I can!
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Yes bring it back but remove Jesus beam.

It'd take that deal in a heartbeat.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Signed.

And fix sun shield while you're at it.
    If Radiant morph would be revamped as i suggested it will also allow to fix Blazing Shields, coz current reson of it not fixed is - it has double reduction that was removed from damage component, however it is uneffective change , but to make it usefull skill they should remove reducton from damage shield component and leave reduction on damage, so in the end - it will strong damage shield that also will deal damage like current BS, but they cant do it coz another morph - Radiant Ward, don't have double reduction mechanic and can't be excluded from Battle Spirit for this reason as it will make it unfair to other damage shield abilities. That fix to BS would make RW much more worse and unbalanced in compare with BS. If Radiant Ward will be revamped and become AoE CC instead of damage shield, there won't be unfair comparison in morphs and BS can get fix as i wrote above.
    So revamped RW will also help to promote Eclipse change to self-buff as now despite every single templar defensive ability was nerfed/"fixed"/broken there is what i see as zos' fear of overwhelming class defense - we could have damage shield as Sun Shield, we could have healing as Rushed Ceremony, we could have reflect as Total Dark.
    If we had RW working as revamped and rebalanced Blinding Light, than choosing this morph excluding us from having damage shield, however without it, defense in form of healing and reflect debuff won't be enough to hold our ground, so Eclipse could be changed to self-absorbing buff to cover weak spot. So if people will want to use AoE CC they will be forced to give up on strong defensive ability morph as Blazing Shield, if they will choose defense they won't be able to get strong offensive ability.
    Edited by Cinbri on April 1, 2016 1:24PM
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes plx.

(as sorc who doesn't complain about streak nerf)
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why don't any of our ultimates AoE stun/CC?
    PC EU
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭

Nova? Gravity Crush?
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »

Nova? Gravity Crush?

Requires a synergy though which isn't in our control. Templar does need an AOE CC. Radiant ward is a good place to put it. I agree with Cinbri's idea.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "People didn't understand why they were missing the target" -ZoS

Lamest reason, considering Major Evasion dodge chance does the exact same thing.

I like your ideas. What do you think of working Major/Minor Evasion (or both :) ) into one of the skills you listed?
    Edited by danno8 on April 1, 2016 11:15PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    "People didn't understand why they were missing the target"

Lamest reason, considering Major Evasion dodge chance does the exact same thing.

I like your ideas. What do you think of working Major/Minor Evasion (or both :) ) into one of the skills you listed?

I believe to fix DKs and Templars, Major evasion should be part of their class skills: DKs need back Major Evasion when standing inside Ash Cloud since it was removed for same reason as Blinding Light. Templars - full revamped Light Weaver passive to grant Major Evasion when inside area of protection, i.e. buff that working same as Focused Healing and rooted to templar "house".
    Edited by Cinbri on April 1, 2016 9:09PM
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »
    "People didn't understand why they were missing the target"

I believe to fix DKs and Templars, Major evasion should be part of their class skills: DKs need back Major Evasion when standing inside Ash Cloud since it was removed for same reason as Blinding Light. Templars - full revamped Light Weaver passive to grant Major Evasion when inside area of protection, i.e. buff that working same as Focused Healing and rooted to templar "house".

That would be amazing.
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring back the old reflective scales
  • Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    Enraged_Tiki_Torch
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing is Blinding Flashes would be terrible in this meta.
    My solution to Champion Point System here
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Sublime wrote: »

Nova? Gravity Crush?

Requires a synergy though which isn't in our control. Templar does need an AOE CC. Radiant ward is a good place to put it. I agree with Cinbri's idea.

Nova snares, yes it's not a hard CC and in the form of an ultimate, but still some form of CC. That doesn't mean adding CC to a normal Templar skill isn't worth considering.
    Edited by Sublime on April 3, 2016 2:04AM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want that skill back so badly.
  • Speely
    Speely
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would trade RD for Flashes in a... well, a flash. I understand that the 50% miss chance thing is a bit much, though.

I say just make it a very low-damage AE attack that grants Major Evasion that is buffed by 2% per enemy hit. The Searing morph could add better damage and an interrupt component while Pulses could reapply once and add some sort of recovery per-dodge (say, recover X Magicka per dodged attack.) Get out of my house.

Just examples. Any iteration of flashes would be vastly more in line with Templars than is our shiny kill beam that apparently solves all our issues in a way barely any of us asked for.
    Edited by Speely on April 3, 2016 3:15AM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tbh i don't missing "Miss Chance", it can be easily replaced by giving us Major Evasion(in Light Weaver passive for example) and revamped other defensive skills like Eclipse. What i miss is our only AoE CC. It could be done to apply CC on 6 targets like any proper AoE disorient/set off-balance (Shattering Rocks have this effect and it is not OP) or it could apply knockdown on 3 targets through block like Fear. It had same animation of casting as DK's Talons and had same effect - apply 5m AoE CC on nearby enemies. Old Blinding Flashes may cause huge increase of survivability, we don't need something OP, but we need such ordinary tool as AoE CC, without it templar is far behind in class balance.
    Edited by Cinbri on April 3, 2016 8:38AM