Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant Destruction Bugged?

croakroach
croakroach
✭✭
I keep seeing massive radiant destruction's showing up in my recap, it looks like they are ignoring how much health i have and hit me like a truck regardless; this is an active skill not an ultimate? Is this really supposed to hit this hard? I have 25k health on my character and around 60% physical and spell resist.

puu.sh/nWpyO/9976308506.jpg

The enemy landed two successive blows for 13k and 16k while they were in the safety of their spawn area.
  • Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *critically hit this thread with Radiant Opression*
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • ced30
    ced30
    ✭✭✭
    there is a reason people call it jesus beam :disappointed:
    No-one escapes the chains!

Afro Nînja - magicka nb (DC)
    Silvester Staline - magicka nb (DC)
    It's a trâp - stam dk tank (DC)
    Lord Vuiton - Argonian blazing shield templar (Dc)

[Video] Major Trap! eso Stam Dk tank pvp => https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302728/video-major-trap-eso-stam-dk-tank-pvp-episodes
  • MrGigglypants
    MrGigglypants
    ✭✭✭
    It's blatantly broken and it probably won't be fixed. Enjoy you magicmay templar role for a few months.
  • croakroach
    croakroach
    ✭✭
    Could it simply be this is not following the 50% damage reduction?
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS, please include a hit # variable to death recap so people can see how many hits are included in one line of information.

OP, it is likely you were hit with several ticks of RD, it does 4 hits per 3s channel, but the death recap simply adds up each channel and shows it as one big hit.

The only way you were hit with one tick that equaled 16k damage is if you were incredibly low on health. Like less than 10%.
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I never thought it possible but we need a nerf to this ability. No, I do not hate Templars but this ability is just way to overpowered. Now that we can see damage NOTHING in game kills me faster. If they use dark flare first it is ridiculous. This doesn't require a discussion. It is math.

Fix it ESO. The change would be simple. Just nerf the damage. Why? Because hit hits ridiculously hard. Harder then any other ability in the game. It is not balanced. It is broken. This ability needs to be nerfed by a hot fix. Like immediately. Nerf Radiant destruction.
    Edited by Therium104 on March 30, 2016 11:04PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naw....

I am a stamina dk and it is fine.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭
    Prothwata wrote: »
    Naw....

I am a stamina dk and it is fine.

I don't care if you are the pope. How exactly does stating you are a Stam DK have any relevance on the discussion. Math....... radiant destruction needs a nerf.
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS confirmed working as intended no plans to change.

[Edited to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 1, 2016 9:46PM
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    He said he's a Stam Dk bc Stam Dk and Stam Sorc have the worst acess to purge.

6/8 classes can drop this insta. 2/8 need to slot efficient purge. One of those is saying naw it's np.

Every thread is the same with statements that are outright lies and/or have no thought put into them.

No round 2 take away the damage, start with mag NB or Sorc for that.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just going to leave this right here...
    https://youtu.be/em46ajNfuTU
  • Therium104
    Therium104
    ✭✭✭

6/8 classes can drop this insta. 2/8 need to slot efficient purge. One of those is saying naw it's np.

Every thread is the same with statements that are outright lies and/or have no thought put into them.

Typically the arguement for not nerfing OP and broken abilities is the access to counters. No, access to purge does not in anyway make it so radiant destruction does not need a nerf.

It is not rocket science. It is simple and you all know it. Radiant destruction does to much damage and needs a nerf. Bottom line.
  • Yusuf
    Yusuf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Therium104 wrote: »

Typically the arguement for not nerfing OP and broken abilities is the access to counters. No, access to purge does not in anyway make it so radiant destruction does not need a nerf.

It is not rocket science. It is simple and you all know it. Radiant destruction does to much damage and needs a nerf. Bottom line.

It is not broken because templars' dps in pve is on par with the other classes even though they have this "op" ability.
    Its not rocket science, the numbers of the skill are fine.
  • Bofrari
    Bofrari
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    admin
    Thanks for your feedback on this ability, everyone. We did take a look at this ability just to make sure it was working properly and as intended, and it is. There are some circumstances where it can feasibly hit pretty hard, but that's ok in our eyes and we don't currently have plans to change its functionality. It's also worth noting that the way our Death Recap UI works is it combines all tickets of one channel together into one entry, so it may appear as though Radiant Destruction has some outrageous damage at first.
    Gina Bruno
    Community Manager - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube |

Here you go OP Official response from ZOS. So like I said you keep asking, begging and so on its not going to change adapt and move on or don't it don't really matter to me or them if you haven't notice zos doesn't really care.

[Edited to remove insulting content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 1, 2016 9:50PM
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's there to discuss really? Lol I don't think people get how this skill actually works that's why they complain about it
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude you have no idea what you're talking about.

Every class gets purge

Stam Dk and Stam Sorc need to use a bar slot on efficient purge and it's hardest for them sustain-wise

You don't know how the game works. This thread is pure whine. Read one of the other 20 threads ppl are spamming to learn about the game.
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is a hard counter. I get no damage from this ability when I play correctly.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I never thought it possible but we need a nerf to this ability. No, I do not hate Templars but this ability is just way to overpowered. Now that we can see damage NOTHING in game kills me faster. If they use dark flare first it is ridiculous. This doesn't require a discussion. It is math.

Fix it ESO. The change would be simple. Just nerf the damage. Why? Because hit hits ridiculously hard. Harder then any other ability in the game. It is not balanced. It is broken. This ability needs to be nerfed by a hot fix. Like immediately. Nerf Radiant destruction.

Thanks, now I know exactly how to load my Templar bar. >:)
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭

FALSE! Nothing kills me faster than a 2h nightblade stunning me off my horse.
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭

Working a intended, this is the only thing magicka templar has.
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    All this whining about radiant, everything is *** OP right now, yesterday my shielded sorc got killed within 2 secs by a camo hunter NB with 15K incap strike and 10k suprise attacks ok? now here u come in with your thread, every thing can hit like *** crazy, if u are set to pure pure dps glass cannon, yes then Radiant hits insane hard..

about countering, i agree it dousnt need a nerf, i got jesus beamed alot yesterday in pvp while even above execute range, it didnt hit that hard, simply cast some damage shield, and dont ever fight jesus beamers in the open, always use rocks etc, so they cant beam you, if they still do, just get some object between you and the beam.. its that simple.

i hope this helps abit, i dont wanna rant on you, because i got killed many times by jesus beam, but its just a thing, dont come in templar's houses.

last thing, if u dont agree with all these op things and classes, go play nightblade, it's a very fair and balanced class

[edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on March 31, 2016 3:21PM
    ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't died to a magicka templar since patch (I'm a stamplar).

Don't get all this crying about radiant destruction tbh.
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    All the cool kids are doing it, didn't u see the vids?

Radiant and channels in general are probably one of the easiest things in the game to deal with. They should hit hard AF. You seen a soul assault tooltip?
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTHING in game kills me faster.

You must be playing on a private server where there are no Mag NB+soul+proxy det+VD abominations running around... you'll be dead before the game client will render the NB.

• Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDC1985 wrote: »
    You need to learn to play and quit crying. ZOS confirmed working as intended no plans to change.

LOL. it hits to hard and needs a nerf. I am not crying. It is math and simple numbers. Also, there is absolutely no way this ability will not get nerfed. I am just lobbying for this to happen right away. Why wait? If you want to argue it should not be nerfed take kindergarten level math so you have a clue. Those blocks :(

I don't hate Templars. Nor do I believe an ability should be nerfed just because it is effective but come on naysayers... lol. Don't defend something this broken. I meant to edit and not reply lol

How is this different than Sorcs / NBs spamming their ranged insta cast finishers? Except that radiant you can purge / interrupt, the Sorc/NB finisher you can't.

And yes, I do find it annoying too.. there's always a couple in a large group that do nothing else but spam finishers.. in large masses, it's quite effective unfortunately... but doesn't mean Radiant in itself is better than the other finishers.
    Edited by Docmandu on March 31, 2016 10:27AM
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the problem with posts like take.. people repost it all the time, ignoring the fact that it's a biased test that cleverly "forgets" that you can light attack weave during all those other executes doing way more overall damage than the radiant example.
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

That's the problem with posts like take.. people repost it all the time, ignoring the fact that it's a biased test that cleverly "forgets" that you can light attack weave during all those other executes doing way more overall damage than the radiant example.

This video was already debunked in the thread it was originally posted in. The poster even ADMITTED the video was biased and not properly tested! Stop posting this garbage as if it is fact.

There's been a ridiculous amount of these threads. Maybe read one of them before starting another using the same arguments which were already refuted.

There are options to counter it, learn them and use them.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you find yourself dying from anything on a consistent basis, ask for help not nerfs.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    croakroach wrote: »
    I keep seeing massive radiant destruction's showing up in my recap, it looks like they are ignoring how much health i have and hit me like a truck regardless; this is an active skill not an ultimate? Is this really supposed to hit this hard? I have 25k health on my character and around 60% physical and spell resist.

The enemy landed two successive blows for 13k and 16k while they were in the safety of their spawn area.

cute, I got my Jbeam to 23k crits.

And they will not be nerfing it as they stated in ESO Live which is kinda dumb
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    croakroach wrote: »

cute, I got my Jbeam to 23k crits.

And they will not be nerfing it as they stated in ESO Live which is kinda dumb

Please specify the amount of health they had remaining when you hit that 23,000 crit. I'd personally like to know how much of that dmg was irrelevant overflow.