The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Clever Alchemist

psychotic13
psychotic13
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have any experience with this set? I'm curious to try it out but don't want to dump all my materials into a set that isn't that good.

What are the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I equipped a couple of chars with it. So far it has played well.

For one thing it works with either stay or mag builds or the rare hybrids.

For another it's first 3 traits are good and in maybe 90% of pve fights are going to be all you need.

So for the boss foghts, when you pop the potions and trigger the boost, you get the big gain.

I have in some cases on some chars popped it at the outset or early with a multiple tactical gain potion like spell power + spell crit + mag and it worked great giving the char a YUGE bonus.

In other cases I hold off and let the mid-fight first restore potion trigger it which also worked fine bc that's usually when the bigger bosses see a drop in their early defenses.

All in all I like it. Often I was replacing Juliana or hundings with it and did not see a noticeable drop, just different.

Of course, as crafted, no jewelry, so your other sets need to be the drops to optimize those slots.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭
    Currently I try a "dual" setup with Clever Alchemist for raids. It works as follows:

Equip 4 Hunding's (or Julianos for magicka builds) armor pieces, 3 Clever Alchemist and a Hunding's weapon. That is the main dps slot. On the second weapon slot equip two dual wield weapons with Clever Alchemist.
    For the full buff go to the second weapon slot, use a potion, switch back to the first and you run the Hunding's set together with the 15 seconds buff from Clever Alchemist.

The disadvantage for a stamina build is that you can wield either a bow (ranged) or melee weapons in the 1st slot. If you should have a maelstrom weapon, then this setup would only work with dual wield weapons in the first slot (one maelstrom, one hundings).
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Works brilliant with magblade in zergs. Sneak, proxy, wait 2s and jump in a zerg after popping a potion with soul tether and boom all gone. Use 5x VD and CA and they will all dissappear.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works brilliant with magblade in zergs. Sneak, proxy, wait 2s and jump in a zerg after popping a potion with soul tether and boom all gone. Use 5x VD and CA and they will all dissappear.

This is what I was thinking for my magblade, x5 CA x5VD and x2 Molag Kena for huge damage.

What's a reasonable price for the VD rings?
    Currently I try a "dual" setup with Clever Alchemist for raids. It works as follows:

Equip 4 Hunding's (or Julianos for magicka builds) armor pieces, 3 Clever Alchemist and a Hunding's weapon. That is the main dps slot. On the second weapon slot equip two dual wield weapons with Clever Alchemist.
    For the full buff go to the second weapon slot, use a potion, switch back to the first and you run the Hunding's set together with the 15 seconds buff from Clever Alchemist.

The disadvantage for a stamina build is that you can wield either a bow (ranged) or melee weapons in the 1st slot. If you should have a maelstrom weapon, then this setup would only work with dual wield weapons in the first slot (one maelstrom, one hundings).

This sounds a bit counter intuitive to me, I like the idea but you're still going to have a lot more damage on the DW bar than a bow/staff (I'd be using Magicka)
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is what I was thinking for my magblade, x5 CA x5VD and x2 Molag Kena for huge damage.

What's a reasonable price for the VD rings?

This sounds a bit counter intuitive to me, I like the idea but you're still going to have a lot more damage on the DW bar than a bow/staff (I'd be using Magicka)

On console around 50k for VD rings. Necks I haven't seen any of them going yet. Wait until tomorrow night though as the merchant may sell them. 99k a pop but for a purple arcane neck it'll probably be worth it if they are going.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭

Well, this is true for a magicka build for sure, even though you could use dual wield on both bars.

My setup is for a stamina sorc and a stamina build will most likely use Wrecking Blow or Snipe or maybe Flurry from dual wield for single target.
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, this is true for a magicka build for sure, even though you could use dual wield on both bars.

My setup is for a stamina sorc and a stamina build will most likely use Wrecking Blow or Snipe or maybe Flurry from dual wield for single target.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to use DW on both bars for the extra damage, but losing a staff and the ability to weave light attacks is crucial as they proc Assasins Will and Molag Kena.