The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Entropy (Degeneration Morph) vs. Molten Armaments - PvE DPS / Leveling & Endgame

Mricci1988
Mricci1988
✭✭
Hi Everyone,

Question while trying to build my DK...to give you basic playstyle....I am playing a Dual Wield Sword Magicka Melee Dragonknight character (i wanted a warrior archtype that felt magical).

Right now leveling up I am using the following:

- Burning Talons
- Fiery Breath
- Burning Embers
- Molten Whip
- Molten Armamaents

What I wanted to ask was if Degeneration (Entropy Morph) would be viable considering the following:

1.) Entropy DoT Damage directly contributes to DPS if casted once.
2.) Gives an Empower bonus (great for bosses using Entropy + Standard of Might combo until i get meteor)
3.) Degeneration gives 3 heals
a. Heal upon casting (pointless since i should be at full health)
b. Heal every 6 seconds (not a strong heal at all but it is still health coming in for a PVE enviroment)
c. Light attack / heavy attacks have a chance to proc 15% heal.

4.) The cost to use Degeneration is VERY low

What is everyone's thoughts for Solo PVE? I see much utility from Degeneration.

Thanks all
  • Stannum
    Stannum
    ✭✭✭✭
    entropy for solo molten for group
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd go molten anyways.

the reason:
    - you can apply it before the combat starts
    - it lasts nearly 40 seconds (20 seconds for entropy)
    - Empower is useless wenn used that way. You can only empower direct damage (e.g. whip) and not dots (like standard, meteor...). You also loose more than you get. whip + whip >>>>whip*1.2
    - The heal is okish, but with the change to burning embers you have an actually rly strong heal/dps ability. For AoE you can use draw essens/deep breath

i also suggest using magelight on your frontbar for more magicka/spellcritical. You can also use it to gain empower to increase your first attack when entering combat.
    Noobplar
  • Mricci1988
    Mricci1988
    ✭✭
    Hmm.....two completely different answers here lol....

@Destruant - thanks for the advice on dots empower makes sense. Also keep in mind entropy lasts close to 30 seconds with passives.

Still now....what does everyone think?
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mricci1988 wrote: »
    Hmm.....two completely different answers here lol....

@Destruant - thanks for the advice on dots empower makes sense. Also keep in mind entropy lasts close to 30 seconds with passives.

Still now....what does everyone think?

No it doesn't. It only lasts 20seconds.
    Noobplar
  • Mricci1988
    Mricci1988
    ✭✭
    Look at mage guild passives.

Increases duration by 10% rank one 20% rank two.

24 second duration for entropy
    39 seconds with molten.
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mricci1988 wrote: »
    Look at mage guild passives.

Increases duration by 10% rank one 20% rank two.

24 second duration for entropy
    39 seconds with molten.

This passiv only increases the DoT-duration, not the duration of the major sorcery. look at the tooltip of entropy or check your character sheet :wink:
    Noobplar
  • Mricci1988
    Mricci1988
    ✭✭
    Fair point.

Thanks! you are right.

Okay still though.

Degeneration vs. Molten Armaments? Which is overall better?
  • WatchYourSixx
    WatchYourSixx
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a v16 Magicka DK, I have been using Molten. Its good utility for groups, and lasts a long time. The heavy attack bonus is nice, but you wont really feel it with dual wield. Also gives you some ult and stamina when casted in combat.. but thats any earthen heart ability.

I like it for the visuals as well.

If you are gonna use entropy, the structured morph is way better for PvE. However, I personally think entropy is a waste of a skill slot. It doesnt do much damage at all, the heal is pathetic, and the benefits from the mages guild do not outweigh the loss of better skills.

Also.. you mentioned getting meteor.. so I thought i'd point out that standard should ALWAYS be used when dpsing PvE bosses. It gives you a 20% dmg boost for 20 sec, so even though meteor might do more damage than standard in some cases.. you cant make up that 20 sec dmg boost with meteor. It does help to have meteor slotted on your main bar, and standard on your back bar, so that your main bar gets the mages guild passives.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. I pull over 20k+ dps in nearly everything. Sometimes even hit 30-35k dps :D I might not be the best out there, but I've learned a lot.
    The only thing to fear is, fear itself. - FDR

CP 800
    PC NA

- Maximus the Marksman (AD) Temp
    - Rex the Unstoppable Force (DC) DK
    - Sodor Dragonfire (DC) DK
    - Masha'Dar Shadow-Paw (DC) NB
    - Magnus the Mage (DC) Sorc