The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

login in takes too long?

craybest
craybest
✭✭✭✭✭
Whenever I enter the game, it usually takes a LONG time till I can actually play it, even getting to character creation can take up to 4-5 mins or more, and then after that another 3-5 mins.
Is this normal? or is it some kind of problem on my end? I have never played a MMO that takes so long to load everything (once inside the game, everything runs just fine though)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often have this happen the first time I log in after a patch, but not otherwise. Are you seeing this pretty much all the time? Are you PC or one of the consoles?
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    everytime I play. sometimes it's a bit less but still a long while. I'm on PC btw...
    ok at least now I know it's probably something on my end though.
  • Obliterate
    Obliterate
    ✭✭✭
    It takes longer than your average MMO anyway but it doesn't take me longer than 1 minute to open the game and get logged in so yeah it's probably is a problem your end.

www.speedtest.net or if you're in the UK do this http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/ for a more accurate speedtest, make sure you're getting a decent speed.

Also I found this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/23hc82/anyone_else_getting_long_loading_screens/

I can't vouch for that but it seemed to work for them, maybe there's a cache delete option in the launcher settings.

Edited by Obliterate on March 31, 2016 1:12PM
  • connivingsumo
    My experience has been exactly like UrQuan's. I'm on PC as well.
    Edited by connivingsumo on March 31, 2016 9:43PM