The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't seem to find a way to get more magika damage

Hawco10
Hawco10
✭✭✭✭
I use 5 x Julianos, impen, divines and nirnhoned all to Legendary. I have 3 x willpower, all stats in Magika, 3 x torugs pact, chest, legs and my staff is torugs with nirnhoned and disease to legendary. Got a bunch of champion points in mighty and and staff expert. And after all that, I check my character sheet and I have the grand total of 2171 for spell damage.
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?
Cheers guys !
  • Nostradamus
    Nostradamus
    Soul Shriven
    maybe try using spell damage glyphs on your jewelry? Also mighty increases physical damage
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental Expert CP
    Damage Glyphs for Jewelry
    Appremtice Mundus
    Duel Weild
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    I used 5 julianos, 2 torugs swirds, 2 worms raiments, and 3 willpower all with spell damage glyphs... Sitting at 3k spell damage unbuffed
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah the trick is to have the swords, spell power glyphs, spell power mundus. My staff bar is at 3k unbuffed, add in major/ minor spell power buffs (I'm a templar), cyrodil buffs probably really damn close to 4k.
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ty fellas, went out last night round the shrines and found 3 spell glyphs for my jewelry. That plus changing the champion points has me sitting around 2700 with no cyrodil buffs.
    Question on the swords, If i swap out my restro on my second bar and go dual wield, how does that increase my spell damage?
    And also, what sword traits and type? Torugs nirnhoned I'm presuming?
    Cheers

• DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    Nirn on both. Spell damage is increased through the DW passives. Nothin you add in CP will change spell damage on your character sheet only tooltips for spells. If you're relying on magic/elemental damage you should not have points in mighty, put them into elemental expert
    Edited by DjSolJAH on March 30, 2016 9:21PM
    Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, using two swords gold will give you around 400 extra un buffed spell dmg than using a staff.

The last passive in dual wield, twin blade and blunt is the only passive useful to magicka users, basically it igves you a 5% increase in dmg (hence why you need to use swords). Not spell power increase but actual dmg increase.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Yeah the trick is to have the swords, spell power glyphs, spell power mundus. My staff bar is at 3k unbuffed, add in major/ minor spell power buffs (I'm a templar), cyrodil buffs probably really damn close to 4k.

I personally found having magicka regen mundus stone a lot better than spell damage as you only get 213 with 7 legendary traits
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]