The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

XP gain at Vet ranks

TheUrbanWizard
TheUrbanWizard
✭✭✭✭
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but a google search didn't yield anything. I'm Vet 2 in Cadwell's silver first zone and I was wondering at what point do I stop gaining XP from quests and mobs, like you stop gaining XP if you're above 5 levels of the quest at 1-50?

Surely the same principle doesn't apply at Vet ranks? I'm not sure how it works tbh 'cos the vet quests quests in my log say level 50. Also the mobs I face are Vet 1 even though I'm Vet 2, so enemies don't level with you? What level would I be at the start of Cadwell's gold?
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    You will get loot and at least some XP from any vet zone. The loot will be at the zone level and the XP won't be very much if you are much overlevelled, but you will at least get some.

The first zone of gold is fixed at V6 and the last zone is V10. Your level at the start of gold depends on how much contenet you've done beforehand.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    You will get loot and at least some XP from any vet zone. The loot will be at the zone level and the XP won't be very much if you are much overlevelled, but you will at least get some.

The first zone of gold is fixed at V6 and the last zone is V10. Your level at the start of gold depends on how much contenet you've done beforehand.

So I guess I don't want to get too far in front of myself; I don't want to get to V16 ASAP as I want to enjoy the story and level with it.

Thanks for those benchmarks mate
  • Alvar
    Alvar
    ✭✭✭
    All of the vet levels are considered lvl 50 as far as the exp window is concerned. Theoretically you could gain exp in cold harbor at v15.
    You can't sprint and use abilities at the same time.
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alvar wrote: »
    All of the vet levels are considered lvl 50 as far as the exp window is concerned. Theoretically you could gain exp in cold harbor at v15.

So you get the same XP in, say, a V2 zone with a V16 char as a V2 character in a V2 zone? Sorry but I'm trying to get my head round the mechanics!

I'm slightly concerned 'cos I've just started zone 2 in Cadwell's Silver (Grahtwood for me) as V3 and the enemies are V2.

Considering how long it takes to get from one Vet level to another, I don't want to be overlevelled and miss out on XP and rewards etc.