The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Worth playing?

dubz00
dubz00
Soul Shriven
heyah ESO pvpers,

So I recently re-installed the game. I have a v1 NB, but since stam sorc has always been my favorite class to watch and play, I started releveling one. I don't care that its not fotm, its most fun for me.

Here's the thing though. When I play a mmo I always focus on pvp. Pve bores me quickly. I like the combat in eso and have been excited to level up and finally start pvping, but I've been going back to the streamers I used to watch when I played before, and it seems like all the pvp streamers are leaving the game and are even outspokenly upset with game balance, lag and options.

So, I guess I'm now reconsidering whether I should pour time into this game or not. As a mainly pvp focused player, I'm looking for your opinions. Are there still people here who love the pvp and think its amazing and worth investing time in? Or should I scratch my pvp itch elsewhere?

Also, I'm not looking for posts that bash eso or the devs or anything like that. Looking for unsalty honest opinions. And if it matters, I play EP on NA PC.

peace,
Dubz
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Play for a while and find out for yourself. A lot of what people say is true and a lot of it is exaggerated cuz they/ we are upset and frustrated. Not because the game is bad or pvp is bad but because it's good and we love it and we know how good it can be and it just seems that that is being lost.

When the lag isn't bad in cyrodil pvp is amazing. When you can find small scale in cyrodil or in the swerves it's fantastic. When the lag boss hits it's terrible. So I run cyrodil on off hours and look for small scale. I'm not into the zerging. When the lag hits I go to the sewers and do small scale there where there is little to no lag.

All that said it does appear that the performance issues are getting better in small incremental steps from what I have noticed. Some will say otherwise. As frustrating as it is they are working on it.
  • dubz00
    dubz00
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for your answer and time. At level 10, can I jump into the sewers and be competitive/survive at all? I'm really interested in leveling through pvp.
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't suggest it but any things possible. You absolutely will not be able to do it solo however and leveling through pvp take a long long time
  • Abob
    Abob
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth it, just know that once you find your ideal build and playstyle, what will determine the outcome of fights vs good players will usually be lag, class, and/or bugs.
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dubz00 wrote: »
    heyah ESO pvpers,

So I recently re-installed the game...

peace,
    Dubz

Why you uninstal at the 1st time? pvp is not better now and not even close to balanced. tbh is even worse. The game is great for pve and for rolleplayers , but for pvp if you wana be more than casual ganker or zerg squad member i`l recomend other games.
    Edited by Runkorko on March 29, 2016 1:04PM
  • dubz00
    dubz00
    Soul Shriven
    I think I uninstalled because of lag spikes and looking at the time it would take to grind to get max champion points to be competitive in pvp. I read somewhere they did something to fix the lag and that there are no champion point campaigns now, no?
  • Chadwikid
    Chadwikid
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone has different experiences. Some say it's better some don't. I think it's better still not acceptable for a game of this magnitude but better.

Yes they are doing small incremental changes to help with performance. Their reasoning is that they can't test it properly because we make things happen they can't recreate on a test server so they need to put the changes on live server. So to avoid breaking everything completely they are making small changes at a time.

I don't think balance is that bad at the moment. There are for sure still some glaring issues that need to be addressed and should have been already. Also their implementation of balancing makes no sense. Balance half the game at a time? First magicka one patch then stamina the next kinda dumb. There are still some classes that need some help and some that need a little downgrade in performance but as a whole it's significantly better than it has been in a while. My opinion of course.